C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mirror lights staying on

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 02:28 AM
tjm9746
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Mirror lights staying on

Has this happened to anyone and what might it be??
2 times now i have had to disconnect my battery to get to mirror lights to go out. I notice my radio and gauge lights get dull or bright from time to time also. any IDEA'S ????
Old 08-01-2013, 02:43 AM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

The owner's manual says they will go out after about 20 minutes, which has been true for me, if they are left in the "on" position. I inadvertently leave the driver's side light on all the time.

When you turn the car on, make sure both lights are off. If they are off while the car is running they should shut off after you exit the car. They are controlled by the pushbutton next to the light, and also by the dashboard light control to the left of the steering wheel. They should go on when you exit just like the dome light they are replacing, then go out.

The dashboard light control switch might be getting pushed in or turned, and that may be what is affecting the other light too. Check the owners manual for how that control works.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:48 AM
tjm9746
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks i also just read some old threads on it. It seems many have bumped the switch on the dash and i can understand, But I drove 40 miles trying the button on the dash and it just didnt want to go out I had to diconnect the batt. wait a few and reconnect.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by tjm9746
Thanks i also just read some old threads on it. It seems many have bumped the switch on the dash and i can understand, But I drove 40 miles trying the button on the dash and it just didnt want to go out I had to diconnect the batt. wait a few and reconnect.
And now you'll probably have to reset the window indexing.

The mirror lights won't go out as soon as you press that dash dimmer switch. It will just cause the mirror lights to go out normally after you get out of the car, close the door, and optionally lock the door or auto lock the door.

Get notified of new replies

To Mirror lights staying on

Quick Reply: Mirror lights staying on