C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

fuel line repair

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 04:54 PM
merrillgtrs
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel line repair

any source for repair or replacement on under hood fuel lines going to intake? rubber on my 86 has bulge in rubber hose and local source only does large hydraulic lines. the only used ones I can find on line are as bad or worse than the ones I already have.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:11 PM
JackDidley
Race Director

Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts

I 6 AN adapters and this teflon core braided line. Very easy to work with. http://www.summitracing.com/search?P...20teflon&dds=1
Old 07-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Ray Quayle
- 1986 Original Owner -

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

As Jack said, most go the AN adapter/braided hose route, but I just had my originals replicated by Classic Tube in SS and modern rubber fuel injection rated hose. They did a great job. I asked them to pattern them for reproduction. There is a difference in the Feed pipe between coupe and convertible so if yours is a coupe, the pattern that Classic Tube has wouldn't be right for that pipe. The AN adapter/braided line route is definitely cheaper, but if you're looking for stock appearance and fitment, contact Classic Tube and ask for Don Colf.

Get notified of new replies

To fuel line repair

Quick Reply: fuel line repair