C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Shop in DC/MD AREA

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Toppdon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Shop in DC/MD AREA

Hi Gang, I just bought an 05 C6 Vert a couple of weeks ago from a dealer in VA. I am having issues with Service Charging System, Service Traction System and now car will not start. Dealer I bought it from says they put a new battery in a coiuple months back. It has 84k miles and is a 6speed that has Kooks Long Tube Headers, mild cam, Corsa Exhaust and Intake... Does anyone know of an honest shop that can service/maintain the car that won't charge as much as the local dealer? Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Flying24
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Toppdon
Hi Gang, I just bought an 05 C6 Vert a couple of weeks ago from a dealer in VA. I am having issues with Service Charging System, Service Traction System and now car will not start. Dealer I bought it from says they put a new battery in a coiuple months back. It has 84k miles and is a 6speed that has Kooks Long Tube Headers, mild cam, Corsa Exhaust and Intake... Does anyone know of an honest shop that can service/maintain the car that won't charge as much as the local dealer? Any help is appreciated.
If you find one you'll be lucky, some shops charge extra for high performance cars. But those are the ones that know what they're doing most of the time. Dealerships if you go, go to one that actually works on them regularly like Criswell. I have used Behe performance for a number of things in the past, they have a great tuner in John. Good Luck
Old 07-26-2013, 12:20 AM
Toppdon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up Flying24! I will try my hand with Criswell... I am not very tech savvy and these cars intimidate me when it comes to wrench time.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Give us a call. We can get you taken care of.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:24 PM
retaf87
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Criswell has great service and the lead Vette tech is Marcus.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:44 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

Tony's Corvette in Gaithersburg is a top notch shop. Can't guarantee they'll be cheaper than a dealership, but their work quality is exceptional.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Malum1
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 47 Posts

I will vouch and vote for Tony's as well. Just took my 08 C6 convertible in and had them replace the stock NPP exhaust for the Corsa Extreme. Talking with Tony and staff was unbelievably insightfult and reassuring. Will be going back for the STAGE 1 components within the next couple of weeks.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:15 PM
retaf87
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have dealt with both Tony's and Criswell and Tony's is not any cheaper. Both shops are top-notch. If you go to Criswell, speak with Dina who is the Vette service advisor.

Get notified of new replies

To Service Shop in DC/MD AREA

Quick Reply: Service Shop in DC/MD AREA