C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1985 Manual Oil Pressure Check

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Cajaw Jordan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 Manual Oil Pressure Check

How difficult is it to do a manual Oil Pressure check on a 1985? I know the approximate location but cannot find it....Passenger side block, near(?)...can it be accessed without tearing the car apart..? My Oil pressure is dropping to as low as 0.....I do have and ongoing low idle problem. I am not sure I believe the digital dash or whether I am having a failing motor...although.....I do not believe so....at 0psi...this engine show "blow" after just a moment or two.....at high rpms the Oil Pressure goes above 50 and climbs in linearity to RPM.....any suggestions on a troubleshooting procedure...I know there is more than the sending unit....i.e. pump, pressure release valve, clogged returns etc........too many to think about without headache!
Thanks
Chris
Old 07-25-2013, 01:38 PM
rklessdriver
Safety Car

Received 397 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Cajaw Jordan
How difficult is it to do a manual Oil Pressure check on a 1985? I know the approximate location but cannot find it....Passenger side block, near(?)...can it be accessed without tearing the car apart..? My Oil pressure is dropping to as low as 0.....I do have and ongoing low idle problem. I am not sure I believe the digital dash or whether I am having a failing motor...although.....I do not believe so....at 0psi...this engine show "blow" after just a moment or two.....at high rpms the Oil Pressure goes above 50 and climbs in linearity to RPM.....any suggestions on a troubleshooting procedure...I know there is more than the sending unit....i.e. pump, pressure release valve, clogged returns etc........too many to think about without headache!
Thanks
Chris
2 places....

(1) DRIVERS SIDE just above the oil filter is a plug you can remove to check oil pressure.

(2) Behind the intake manifold... this is where the factory oil pressure sensor/sendors are located.

Will
Old 07-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Cajaw Jordan
Intermediate

thank you guys for the great instructions!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:59 AM
Cajaw Jordan
Intermediate

thank you for the great instructions

Get notified of new replies

To 1985 Manual Oil Pressure Check

Quick Reply: 1985 Manual Oil Pressure Check