C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone starting to 'cool off' on the C7 yet?

Old 07-16-2013, 12:02 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Default Anyone starting to 'cool off' on the C7 yet?

I have to say it, I'm beginning to feel less excitement; thinking I already have a fantastic vette, what's the hurry? I can either rush right in, or wait for a nice used one in the not too distant future. The lack of a configurator isn't helping either.....starting to vacillate a little...what say you?
Old 07-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,066 Likes on 6,168 Posts

Nope. I still want one badly. Can't wait. I don't buy used. Lack of configurator is a very minor point. There are two different spreadsheets that have been posted on this forum that will let you pick your options and price your C7. The confgurator will only show renderings anyway (or fairly useless tine pics), so you already have those (both renderings and pics on the forum).
Old 07-16-2013, 12:09 PM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Let me be the first to say....IBTL
Old 07-16-2013, 12:11 PM
jd_black_00
Melting Slicks

Received 470 Likes on 145 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12, '14

have you seen it in person yet? I can understand how you feel if you haven't. Seeing it in person next to other cars and sitting in it/experiencing the interior re-ignites the excitement for sure
Old 07-16-2013, 12:21 PM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

To the members who back in late 2012 were complaining about "GM isn't releasing enough information early enough" - I direct your attention to this thread and others of its ilk.

We have a member who is furious because he put in an early pre-production order and GM has had the effrontery and gall to delay production all the way into the actual quarter they said production would start.

We have members who are furious because the general public does not yet have access to an online visual interface for configuration of a car that is not yet in production, cannot be ordered through the majority of dealers in the GM dealership network, and has no delivery dates announced even for the first batch of limited production orders.

We have members who are bored with the C7 and find it to be unexciting now that the initial rush of the announcement and first pictures is over. Even though not a single customer or dealer has received a car yet.

And you wonder why GM didn't start the announcement and release process any EARLIER?!? Sheesh.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

never really warmed up...my remaining hope clings slightly to the C7Z.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:23 PM
stevelischynsky
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm waiting for the `15 or maybe `16.
Why, because I suspect that the factory (as we speak) is writing up trouble tickets by the bucket full at this moment just because it is a new product, not because it is a bad design.

If it's like we operate, assy problems are identified by anyone. Then assigned to manufacturing engineers, who deal with it or send it to the design engineers if it`s a more complex problem. I would hate to be a design engineer right now- every morning you could come in and discover a trouble ticket assigned to you that have shut down the assy line. Now that would be a bad day.

We are all anxious to see the first offs, but I`d rather they go slow and get everything sorted out properly before they release anything.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

Haven't seen one in person yet, but judging by what I have read and seen in pictures....I want one! May not be right away, (financial reasons) thinking more like a '15 or maybe later.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Red1990VT
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 40 Posts

It's hard to cool off to something you never warmed up to in the first place. The C7 simply does not look like a Corvette from the doors back. The Camaro tail lights, restricted visibility hatch, batmobile styling, and the general rear end appearance of a 1980s Japanese car doesn't work for me, and apparently for a lot of others either.

The front of the C7 is awesome. The interior is fantastic. Rear of the doors is a different car that certainly isn't a Corvette and doesn't fit with the rest of the vehicle.

GM really needs to rethink producing the C7 versus redesigning the rear portion to harmonize with the rest of the car, and to look like a Corvette.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:43 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Red1990VT
It's hard to cool off to something you never warmed up to in the first place. The C7 simply does not look like a Corvette from the doors back. The Camaro tail lights, restricted visibility hatch, batmobile styling, and the general rear end appearance of a 1980s Japanese car doesn't work for me, and apparently for a lot of others either.

The front of the C7 is awesome. The interior is fantastic. Rear of the doors is a different car that certainly isn't a Corvette and doesn't fit with the rest of the vehicle.

GM really needs to rethink producing the C7 versus redesigning the rear portion to harmonize with the rest of the car, and to look like a Corvette.
Yeah good luck with that buddy.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:53 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
never really warmed up...my remaining hope clings slightly to the C7Z.
Would not buy first year nor msrp as well.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:54 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
Yeah good luck with that buddy.
You never know Justin! If sales blow.....
Old 07-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Thompyt
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
You never know Justin! If sales blow.....
From the sentiment in this forum, I don't think sale will blow. This forum represents only a small portion of the Corvette populace.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I am getting excited about the C8...when my C7 gets here it is a driver..
Old 07-16-2013, 01:05 PM
stevelischynsky
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thompyt
From the sentiment in this forum, I don't think sale will blow. This forum represents only a small portion of the Corvette populace.
Just wait till the new Transformer movie is released. Every kid will want a lime green C7.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:07 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

I think sales will be pretty good the first year, silly rear end or not. There is plenty of pent-up demand for a new Vette. That said, I also doubt the C7 will be the demand demographic game changer GM hopes for. That's just a pipe dream IMO (the stats just aren't there) , though I would be happy to be proved wrong on that one.

As for sentiment in this forum...the higher you get pumped up, the deeper you will sink into a hole when the drug wears off. This being a fanatic forum, we have members in here that worked themsleves into a righteous lather over the new car. As reality sinks in that they are notin a position to buy one for a while, can't get exactly the option they want, can't get pricing they want etc etc, the drug high wears off. Not to mention many are already driving a pretty decent Corvette that represented a significant financial commitment...

Normal people will quietly await delivery or decide to buy when they are feeling it, without getting themselves worked into a meltdown over it.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:09 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

To the OP I have not cooled off to the stunningly beautiful c7. If you want a new corvette and have the money available and the timing is right for you? I could not think of a finer example of the Great American icon.

Still if you present corvette is running well and you are enjoying it....then slow down and wait till you need a new car.

Not for the money or possible future minimal discounts...... and definitely not for all the nonsensical stories that the first year will be defective etc....but just because your present corvette is still meeting your personal needs...

I respect your open and honest question. I can see how selling your present beautiful corvette could be questioned.

Have fun deciding and yes i believe this new c7 z51 with mrc and npp will be amazing.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone starting to 'cool off' on the C7 yet?

Old 07-16-2013, 01:24 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by vetehead
The usual thread started from the same people stirring the pot!
I don't think the OP has been negative, in fact I think he has been high on it in the early going!
Old 07-16-2013, 01:31 PM
CCDawg69
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you kidding! Got my order in Monday and get more excited every day. For those who keep bringing up the Camaro similarities, get over it. I loved the round tail lights on my C6 but its time to move on. Other than 4 lenses, I don't see any resemblance.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:35 PM
evilmonkey
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
I don't think the OP has been negative, in fact I think he has been high on it in the early going!
He's just working through the 12 stages of new model ordering:
1) OMG, I can't wait to see the new vette, will it be better?
2) WOW, look at that vette, I can't wait to own one
3) Yes, I got my order in - first in line!
4) OMG yes, my order is accepted, her comes my baby!
5) Hmm, why am I stuck at 3000? anyone else moving?
6) OMG, are they ever gonna start building these things???
7) I hate GM, they just don't care about me!
8) I hate the new vette - I can't take any more of this rejection! (current stage of OP)
9) Wait a minute, my TPW!
10) Built/shipped! YES!
11) Arrived! I LOVE IT!
12) My new C7 is making a squeaking noise somewhere above my head, anyone else notice that?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone starting to 'cool off' on the C7 yet?