Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default MORE 2014 Stingray Premier Edition Information

2014 Corvette Stingray Premier Edition – Frequently Asked Questions
• What is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
• What is the purpose of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
• What dealerships will be eligible to receive and sell the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
• What features will be included on the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
• What is the package price of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
• How will a dealership know they are receiving a 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
• Will the Premiere Edition count towards a dealer’s 2014 Corvette Stingray Estimated Guide Number?
• Are there any sales restrictions on the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
• I cannot find the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition in the ordering information. How does the dealer submit an order?

What is the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
The 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition is a celebration of the return of the Stingray. The Edition comes one way and is a fully contented 3LT coupe model with the available Z51 Performance Package that will be provided to a limited number of dealers (in the U.S., Mexico and Canada) to display or sell at their dealerships. It will feature a unique VIN sequence and a special numbered interior plaque.

What is the purpose of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
The vision for the Premiere Edition was to provide dealers who sell a large number of Corvettes at retail with a highly contented 2014 Corvette Stingray that features a number of the available dealer installed accessories pieces. This limited production run of 500 special cars will appeal to Corvette enthusiasts looking for a more exclusive Corvette Stingray.

What dealerships will be eligible to receive and sell the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
The 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition will only be allocated to initial dealers who acknowledged the 2014 Corvette Stingray Initial Allocation Letter of Acknowledgement based on Corvette retails deliveries during the 2012 calendar year sales period. Further information on the allocation method will be provided closer to the start of production

What features will be included on the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
The Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition (3LT with Z51 Performance Package) will feature the following content, including custom Corvette Stingray luggage:

Exterior
• Laguna Blue Metallic Tintcoat Exterior
• Visible Carbon Fiber Roof Panel
• Torque Style Chrome Wheels
• Carbon Flash Hood Stinger Stripe
• Stingray Logo Wheel Center Caps
Interior
• Brownstone Sueded Microfiber Interior with Sueded Microfiber Seat Inserts
• Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
• Sueded Microfiber Upper Interior Trim
• Floor Mats with Stingray Logo
• Sill Plates with Stingray Logo
• Cargo Shade with Stingray Logo
• Special Stingray Premiere Edition Numbered Interior Plaque
• Custom 5-piece Corvette Stingray Luggage Set
Performance
• Seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Match
• Z51 Performance Package
• Magnetic Ride Control
• Performance Variable Tuned Exhaust System

What is the package price of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
Pricing will be announced. Stay tuned to GMLaunch.com for further details.

How will a dealership know they are receiving a 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
Chevrolet dealers who signed the 2014 Corvette Stingray Letter of Acknowledgement and sold seven or more Corvette vehicles at retail in the 2012 calendar year sales period are eligible to receive the Premiere Edition. Eligible dealers will receive further information closer to start of production and will have the option of not accepting this unit through their Chevrolet field team.

Will the Premiere Edition count towards a dealer’s 2014 Corvette Stingray Estimated Guide Number?
No. The units are in addition to the guide number previously provided to the dealers.

Are there any sales restrictions on the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
Chevrolet suggests the dealer retain this unit for display purposes; however, it is the dealer’s discretion on when to sell the unit. Chevrolet will not be paying any demo allowance on this edition.

I cannot find the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition in the ordering information. How does the dealer submit an order?
The Premiere Edition is not ordered by the dealer; thus ordering information will not appear in the Dealer Order Guide or any of the configurators. The units are assigned to the dealers who meet the requirements outlined above on a random basis. As such, the Premiere Edition is not eligible for sold orders or National Corvette Museum delivery.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

As a dealer, here's my take on the Premier Edition:

It will give us an opportunity to have "an event" at the dealership to reveal the new Stingray.

It will give us an opportunity to showcase the new Stingray in a new exterior color and a new interior color.

It will give us an opportunity to showcase new Stingray accessories in a much more effective way than showing pictures of accessories in the Corvette Stingray brochure.

Will we be asking a "premium price" for this Premier Edition? NO

Will this Premier Edition be a collectable? In my opinion, no. But it will hold it's value better that any other Chevrolet that we sell.

Have a great day and a Happy and Safe 4th of July!

Old 07-01-2013, 12:25 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Fichtner
As a dealer, here's my take on the Premier Edition:

It will give us an opportunity to have "an event" at the dealership to reveal the new Stingray.

It will give us an opportunity to showcase the new Stingray in a new exterior color and a new interior color.

It will give us an opportunity to showcase new Stingray accessories in a much more effective way than showing pictures of accessories in the Corvette Stingray brochure.

Will we be asking a "premium price" for this Premier Edition? NO

Will this Premier Edition be a collectable? In my opinion, no. But it will hold it's value better that any other Chevrolet that we sell.

Have a great day and a Happy and Safe 4th of July!

Will some dealers receive more than one "Premier" edition?
Old 07-01-2013, 02:41 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

What about the loyalty to all the people that put deposits down to be on "the list" that have been waiting for months?... Those buyers were loyal to Chevy and decided to place orders for the car sight unseen with no actual feeling the cars interior, test drive, or anything. Shouldn't there have been some kind of loyalty in return from Chevy since they already took deposits and the buyers have been patiently waiting for months?

If these are really demo cars to show to buyers when they come to the showroom why not put restrictions on the cars "Not to be sold" until 6 months after production starts. That way the cars can really be used in the way that they say. It would also show some loyalty to the buyers that already signed up with deposits and have been patiently waiting in line.

We all know there are a lot of people out there that will pay more just so they don't have to wait in line like everybody else. What's to stop people from just buying up these cars and just flipping them for a quick buck?

If these cars end up getting bought up quick by the flippers and any random joe that walks in the door will there be a need for another "demo edition" so there is something to show to potential buyers?
Old 07-01-2013, 02:42 PM
tbasco 6
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Will some dealers receive more than one "Premier" edition?
Unlikely since there will only be 500 produced.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:50 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by tbasco 6
Unlikely since there will only be 500 produced.
I asked the question because one of the large Corvette dealers said they were getting two of them and were selling them at a $1500 discount NOW on advance order. I guess that dealer doesn't want two of them cluttering up his showroom.

Even if GM only sold one to a dealer, 400 dealers aren't going to get one. What do those dealers use to show the tire kickers? You would think that if the true(original) reason for theses cars was to have them in the dealer's showrooms as a premier to let people see/touch the C7, then every one of the dealers that will be getting a C7 in the next 6-9 months would get a Tire Kicker Special Edition.

Last edited by JoesC5; 07-01-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Silver05GTO
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

"Are there any sales restrictions on the 2014 Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition?
Chevrolet suggests the dealer retain this unit for display purposes; however, it is the dealer’s discretion on when to sell the unit. Chevrolet will not be paying any demo allowance on this edition
."

There it is, by GM not paying any demo allowance what does that mean? If it's test driven, scratched up by folks/kids, there is no cash back to the dealer for that?

As I and others called it, this is a gift car to the bigger dealers....a thank you for selling Corvettes. Optioned to the hilt, it brings in the most money, highest markup, highest profit.

This car will not be on the lot long once it arrives, once dealers have willing buyers cash in hand, it's sold.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:20 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Thanks Ken. As has been discussed, some dealers (maybe most) will use the car as outlined by GM....other dealers (maybe most also?) will just sell it and be done with it. It has been reported by many that Rick Conti announced that he would sell his the minute he got it, I've been unable to find a link of him saying that. In any case, thanks for the confirmation of the INTENT of the car.

Based on reactions, I am sure you had many good laughs over the weekend. My favorite has been the "I put money down MONTHS ago and some guy can walk in and jump ahead of me".....wow

Jimmy
Old 07-02-2013, 01:44 AM
TRAKCAR
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

I don't care for the bling extra logo's and stuff, but perfect if you want a loaded C7 Z51 manual.

Too bad that I am in the minority, IMHO Laguna blue is one of the ugliest color.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I don't care for the bling extra logo's and stuff, but perfect if you want a loaded C7 Z51 manual.

Too bad that I am in the minority, IMHO Laguna blue is one of the ugliest color.
That is one ugly car.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:01 AM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Interesting they chose to not do the auto box in favor or the manual given 1) probably most owners will choose the auto and 2) it's intended to be a show model for people to order options with.

I suppose people already know if they will like the auto but may have question if they like the manual (clutch feel, stick shift effort).

I think the choice of blue is a wise one. They already know they are going to sell a lot of red, white, and black ones. Blue gives the buyer a chance to see if there's something they aren't thinking of out there as an alternative.

Also, it's easier to stand out from all the red, white, and black ones that will soon hit the streets.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:00 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Old 07-02-2013, 07:04 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by jimmyb
Thanks Ken. As has been discussed, some dealers (maybe most) will use the car as outlined by GM....other dealers (maybe most also?) will just sell it and be done with it. It has been reported by many that Rick Conti announced that he would sell his the minute he got it, I've been unable to find a link of him saying that. In any case, thanks for the confirmation of the INTENT of the car.

Based on reactions, I am sure you had many good laughs over the weekend. My favorite has been the "I put money down MONTHS ago and some guy can walk in and jump ahead of me".....wow

Jimmy
I think the underlined above may be the most telling point: ORDERING a car, custom optioned the way you want it, will never get you a car before one that is ON THE DEALER'S LOT OR SHOWROOM.

Two people walk in one Sat., morning. One orders a car. The other looks in the lot, sees a car with maybe what he wants plus a little more and says, "I'll take it!" He drives out. The other guy drives home in his old car, waiting for HIS NEW CAR TO BE BUILT.

One person WILL GET the car the exact way he wants it optioned. The other person took it the way it was, maybe it was all just so----maybe not. But he drove away in A NEW CAR.

What's so hard to understand about the above? There was a "line at the dealer showroom that Saturday" wasn't there?
Old 07-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Aviator
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 123 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by AORoads
I think the underlined above may be the most telling point: ORDERING a car, custom optioned the way you want it, will never get you a car before one that is ON THE DEALER'S LOT OR SHOWROOM.

Two people walk in one Sat., morning. One orders a car. The other looks in the lot, sees a car with maybe what he wants plus a little more and says, "I'll take it!" He drives out. The other guy drives home in his old car, waiting for HIS NEW CAR TO BE BUILT.

One person WILL GET the car the exact way he wants it optioned. The other person took it the way it was, maybe it was all just so----maybe not. But he drove away in A NEW CAR.

What's so hard to understand about the above? There was a "line at the dealer showroom that Saturday" wasn't there?
Well said.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

If you're loyal, you'll allow that the insertion of 500 units allocated to dealer stock ahead of yours pays dividends to the brand and the dealers. And probably to the build quality of your custom-ordered vehicle as well.

.Jinx
molehill identification agent
Old 07-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

My attempt to answer questions without being able to confirm with Chevrolet:

The top 500 Corvette dealers based on Corvette sales performance during a "soft" final year of the C6 will be rewarded by receiving ONE of the Premier Editions.

Note that this car is not a "gift" to dealers. The dealers will be invoiced for this very well equipped Stingray as they are for any Chevrolet car or truck that they order.

"What about the loyalty to all the people that put deposits down to be on "the list" that have been waiting for months?... Those buyers were loyal to Chevy and decided to place orders for the car sight unseen with no actual feeling the cars interior, test drive, or anything. Shouldn't there have been some kind of loyalty in return from Chevy since they already took deposits and the buyers have been patiently waiting for months?"

Customers who made deposits with dealers to be on a list did so of their own free will. Our dealership has never taken deposits to be on a list. We took deposits for each of our expected allocations once the Stingray was unveiled, details and prices published.

Note that the deposits were not taken by "Chevy" but rather by selling dealers.

In the case of our dealership, we will offer the Premier Edition to the customer who placed the first order with us. They can choose to purchase the Premier Edition versus waiting 1-2 weeks more for the Stingray that they custom ordered.

If these are really demo cars to show to buyers when they come to the showroom why not put restrictions on the cars "Not to be sold" until 6 months after production starts. That way the cars can really be used in the way that they say. It would also show some loyalty to the buyers that already signed up with deposits and have been patiently waiting in line.

At this point we haven't seen the rules and restrictions on the premier edition. But I have to say that it's pretty difficult for a manufacturer to dictate how and when a dealer can sell a product that they have paid for.

On the note about Loyalty... I am not aware of any customer who has purchased more cars and trucks from Chevrolet than their dealers. The dealers who are spending millions of dollars on new and upgraded facilities, training, parts, tools, and certified sales and service employees.

Thank you Chevrolet for recognizing the dealers who are representing Chevrolet in their local markets!

We all know there are a lot of people out there that will pay more just so they don't have to wait in line like everybody else. What's to stop people from just buying up these cars and just flipping them for a quick buck?

Isn't that what free enterprise in this great country of ours is all about.
Just a thought to ponder as we celebrate our Nation's birthday this week.

I have read with great interest all of the comments on the Premier Edition. Some love it, some like it, some dislike it and others could care less.
We have sold a LOT of Corvettes since our dealership opened (1952) and every Corvette has been unique in terms of color and equipment. Every has their own thoughts and opinions as to what they like.
All that counts is that you are driving America's true sports car, Corvette!

Have a great holiday week....
Old 07-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Silver05GTO
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the honest answers Ken, I'm sure the cars will have people willing to buy them asap. They will move quickly
Old 07-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Dream C-5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bravo to you Ken.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:31 PM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just another way to sell. Im sure the delears wont let the cars go without a nice markup

Get notified of new replies

To MORE 2014 Stingray Premier Edition Information

Quick Reply: MORE 2014 Stingray Premier Edition Information