C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought my 1st Corvette (from MacMulkin) yesterday !

Old 07-01-2013, 03:43 PM
csf
Melting Slicks

Received 207 Likes on 128 Posts

Default Bought my 1st Corvette (from MacMulkin) yesterday !

54 years old, my youngest daughter just graduated high school and is off to college in 8 weeks, and so have been thinking about finally getting my 2 seat sports car. I have had plenty of "nice" cars, including a Cadillac STS-V, '05 Pontiac GTO, Taurus SHO, BMWs, Mercedes, Acura, Infiniti, etc, but all 4 seaters or SUVs.

Have always really liked Corvettes, but still wasn't sure what car I wanted and was not planning on buying anything until after the summer. But than I saw the pics of the new C7 Stingray and decided I liked the C6 styling much, much better.

Joined this forum to read up on the C6 and than saw the dwindling inventories plus all the rebates and discounts on the C6's. Found the exact Grand Sport I wanted listed at MacMulkin in New Hampshire, so I called them, spoke to Tommy Jr. directly.

They still had the car I wanted, the price they list is really their full price, and in three days, via several simple emails, faxes and phone calls, the deal was done. My wife and I flew to Boston Saturday morning from Baltimore, spent the whole day and night enjoying the city, and then Sunday morning a really nice young man from MacMulkin picked us up at our hotel and drove us to the dealership in New Hampshire, about 40 mins from Boston.

My car was parked outside and ready for me when we pulled up. It was just perfect inside and out, with 3 miles on the odometer. We completed the paperwork in under an hour, activated the OnStar and 9 hours later I had a new Corvette in my garage at a price much lower than I ever thought possible.

I'm 6'2 and 225 lbs and the seats were completely comfortable for both my wife and I the entire trip. The magnetic ride, set to tour, made for a pretty smooth trip the whole ride home. The satellite radio kept us entertained, even in some heavy traffic. The air conditioning was perfect (although the transmission tunnel melted our chocolate chip cookies). The car averaged about 24 mpg over the 462 miles, alternating between 4th, 5th and 6th gears, from 55 -70 mph. All our luggage fit in the hatch, even with the extra roof from the dual roof package in the back.

I can't say enough about MacMulkin. It was probably the best experience my wife and I ever had at a car dealer, and I've bought about 30 new cars. The dealership is as clean as a hospital. All of their Corvettes are stored inside in a Corvette only area. They were efficient, professional and friendly. And they certainly know and appreciate Corvettes. Tommy Jr., Pete, Nico, and especially Ron all helped to make this a special day for me.

I am thrilled to finally be a Corvette owner. Looking forward to learning a lot from this forum and to many enjoyable miles.

Craig
Old 07-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Doughan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Elite Member
Cruise-In III Veteran

Congrats! Here's to many miles of smiles!
Old 07-01-2013, 03:58 PM
navyvetteran
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Just had the same experience, called Tommy on 6/22, picked it up on 6/24. Every thing was perfect. Saved 17% plus loyality incentive from Chevy for additional $3000.
His inventory is unreal.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:03 PM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats to your wife and you in the new ride. I know you both will enjoy.
If you have been on here long you know we are photo hounds so that being said..........
Pictures of the new baby please

Lisa
Old 07-01-2013, 04:45 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,919 Likes on 4,805 Posts

congratulations and enjoy it.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Rky Mtn C6
Le Mans Master

Received 867 Likes on 371 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C7 of the Year Finalist -- Modified

Very cool. I'm 59 with 5 Grandchildren. I and had to fill the void when I had to give up my Harleys due to back problems. Wish I would have bought that 62 back when I was 19 for $2,000.00, but I'm loving every mile. Now the fun really begins.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:52 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

NICE STORY...but no pics,color or trim level mentioned..hmmmn..prove me wrong fellow Vetter...lol
Old 07-01-2013, 04:56 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,557 Likes on 1,639 Posts

CONGRATS...but....

Old 07-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Congrats. Thanks for sharing the story.

Good folks up there in NH.

Last edited by Rich Mickol; 07-01-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:45 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 07-01-2013, 05:49 PM
vet55
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silverblue
CONGRATS...but....

+ 1.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:56 PM
GrandSportRob
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 160 Posts

Congrats on the new GS, post some pics when you can..
Old 07-01-2013, 06:08 PM
tprice
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Kind of in the same boat, or well VETTE LOL, as you. Been wanting one for YEARS and our Daughter just completed her first year of college and Wife and I never need room for anyone else and she was wanting one as bad as I was but had never ridden in a Vette

I "kind of bought" mine through Tommy Jr, it was actually from a guy (Harley2 on CF) that was buying new C7 and it was technically a trade in but even though I bought from the individual I technically bought from Tommy Jr and even though he was just "brokering" a deal he and his staff were great to deal with and kept in contact on such an odd deal.. You can tell they are top notch people and if I ever buy new it will be from them

By wife the Wife fell in love with the 08 C6 2 minutes after she was in it

Got tickled that when we left to go to church Sunday and I was asking her for her keys to her SUV(01 Trailblazer) she said "Oh no we taking the Vette". She even makes sure I park it away from anyone at a parking lot

Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have, still adjusting the comments and looks that I get while in it. Have to admit that is VERY COOL
Old 07-01-2013, 06:42 PM
85scott
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome aboard! I also prefer the more classic lines of the C6 over the sharper angles on the C7.

Probably the best car decision I ever made was ordering my 2012 in the summer of 2011, fearing the C7 might not be as good. Back then they were talking 5.5 liter engines & transformer body styles with split windows.

Well, thankfully the C7 didn't turn out like that. But I still like the C6 much better overall.

Last edited by 85scott; 07-01-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:51 PM
twinarrow99
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

congrats to you and wife - I did similar thing when son graduated from college last year...

Sounds like an awesome experience.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:54 PM
FlyerVette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great story and best of luck with your first Vette...!! When you have the time tell us some more details about your car and of course some pictures as well......
Old 07-01-2013, 07:54 PM
p4snow
Burning Brakes

Received 453 Likes on 244 Posts

Bought mine at 62 after mortgage, college, weddings, etc. were over and done, from Tommy and did museum delivery. Had dinner with him in Houston in March and he picked up the tab. Mac Mulkin really knows what customer service is all about.

Get notified of new replies

To Bought my 1st Corvette (from MacMulkin) yesterday !

Old 07-01-2013, 08:01 PM
tominohio
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by csf
54 years old, my youngest daughter just graduated high school and is off to college in 8 weeks, and so have been thinking about finally getting my 2 seat sports car. I have had plenty of "nice" cars, including a Cadillac STS-V, '05 Pontiac GTO, Taurus SHO, BMWs, Mercedes, Acura, Infiniti, etc, but all 4 seaters or SUVs.

Have always really liked Corvettes, but still wasn't sure what car I wanted and was not planning on buying anything until after the summer. But than I saw the pics of the new C7 Stingray and decided I liked the C6 styling much, much better.

Joined this forum to read up on the C6 and than saw the dwindling inventories plus all the rebates and discounts on the C6's. Found the exact Grand Sport I wanted listed at MacMulkin in New Hampshire, so I called them, spoke to Tommy Jr. directly.

They still had the car I wanted, the price they list is really their full price, and in three days, via several simple emails, faxes and phone calls, the deal was done. My wife and I flew to Boston Saturday morning from Baltimore, spent the whole day and night enjoying the city, and then Sunday morning a really nice young man from MacMulkin picked us up at our hotel and drove us to the dealership in New Hampshire, about 40 mins from Boston.

My car was parked outside and ready for me when we pulled up. It was just perfect inside and out, with 3 miles on the odometer. We completed the paperwork in under an hour, activated the OnStar and 9 hours later I had a new Corvette in my garage at a price much lower than I ever thought possible.

I'm 6'2 and 225 lbs and the seats were completely comfortable for both my wife and I the entire trip. The magnetic ride, set to tour, made for a pretty smooth trip the whole ride home. The satellite radio kept us entertained, even in some heavy traffic. The air conditioning was perfect (although the transmission tunnel melted our chocolate chip cookies). The car averaged about 24 mpg over the 462 miles, alternating between 4th, 5th and 6th gears, from 55 -70 mph. All our luggage fit in the hatch, even with the extra roof from the dual roof package in the back.

I can't say enough about MacMulkin. It was probably the best experience my wife and I ever had at a car dealer, and I've bought about 30 new cars. The dealership is as clean as a hospital. All of their Corvettes are stored inside in a Corvette only area. They were efficient, professional and friendly. And they certainly know and appreciate Corvettes. Tommy Jr., Pete, Nico, and especially Ron all helped to make this a special day for me.

I am thrilled to finally be a Corvette owner. Looking forward to learning a lot from this forum and to many enjoyable miles.

Craig
Tommy is the "Man!" Love my 2013 GS convertible!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:02 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats on the new GS.You will enjoy it . I too picked up a new to me 06 c6 with 7500 miles on the clock, magnetic ride, and XM. I have heard about the cupholder, and console heat issues. My c5 had them as well, but not that bad. Ill find out come August when we take it down to Carlisle. I see that you live in Baltimore. You are not that far from Carlisle PA. If you can, and have not done so before. Try to make it to Corvettes at Carlisle,with the new GS. It is an experience that you will not forget, and will keep you coming back for more each year,,,
Old 07-01-2013, 08:39 PM
GuyFromLeMans
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome and congrats! The C6 is arguably the best looking Vette ever....

Originally Posted by csf
the transmission tunnel melted our chocolate chip cookies
Craig

I found out about this "oven" myself when I grabbed some change from there.... the coins literally burned my hand!

Last edited by GuyFromLeMans; 07-01-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bought my 1st Corvette (from MacMulkin) yesterday !