Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Does anybody know who Ebay user txvetteparts is?

Old 06-27-2013, 02:48 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody know who Ebay user txvetteparts is?

I contacted this guy three days ago asking about a part he didn't have listed and if he combines shipping, then he responded two days ago saying he had the part and he combines shipping. So two days ago I responded with a list of more parts I needed and asked for a phone number to talk to get everything straightened out and he never responds. I ended up buying a part yesterday from him when the auction ended and sent him another inquiry about the parts I needed and still no response. Crying out loud this is no way to run a business and I'm having the nicest weather of the year in northern MN and my car is off the road waiting for parts. People need to get their $hit in gear and not leave people hanging. It's probably a lazy employee not doing his job or something like that.

According to his Ebay account he is in Waco, TX. I did a google on texas Corvette Parts Waco and one salvage yard comes up called Uptmor Corvette Parts. Maybe I'll just give them a try.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by cheme3093
I contacted this guy three days ago asking about a part he didn't have listed and if he combines shipping, then he responded two days ago saying he had the part and he combines shipping. So two days ago I responded with a list of more parts I needed and asked for a phone number to talk to get everything straightened out and he never responds. I ended up buying a part yesterday from him when the auction ended and sent him another inquiry about the parts I needed and still no response. Crying out loud this is no way to run a business and I'm having the nicest weather of the year in northern MN and my car is off the road waiting for parts. People need to get their $hit in gear and not leave people hanging. It's probably a lazy employee not doing his job or something like that.

According to his Ebay account he is in Waco, TX. I did a google on texas Corvette Parts Waco and one salvage yard comes up called Uptmor Corvette Parts. Maybe I'll just give them a try.
Try EBAYs contact seller option. Then you will have a name email and a phone number
Old 06-27-2013, 03:15 PM
toptechx6
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Let me get this right, you e-mailed yesterday and you are throwing a tantrum today because he hasn't replied? Really?
I have purchased parts from the place several times and never had a problem, if that puts your mind at ease.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:32 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,254 Likes on 2,017 Posts

I would guess that if the car is off the road "waiting parts" it's likely been weeks or maybe months "waiting"! A glance at the "calendar" might have given you a "hint" that good weather was likely coming soon!

I don't know that I'd blame the "lazy employee" but I'd say you do understand "LAZY"!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:34 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

toptech, no, you do not have it right and I'm not throwing a "tantrum." I said I originally responded two days ago and he hasn't written back yet, I sent a followup message yesterday. Actually I responded in the morning two days ago and if I don't hear back from him today it is going to be three working days without a response and throw in two more days since the weekend is coming. I am not throwing a tantrum, I am stressed out because we only get about a month of very good weather each year in northern MN, it really sucks when you have a car sitting in the garage waiting for parts while the sun is shining and it is above 70.

Goldcylon, Ebay no longer lets people see that info even if you are a buyer/seller. All I get is the email option.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:37 PM
PLRX
Team Owner

Received 501 Likes on 342 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C4 of Year
2016 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Originally Posted by toptechx6
Let me get this right, you e-mailed yesterday and you are throwing a tantrum today because he hasn't replied? Really?
I have purchased parts from the place several times and never had a problem, if that puts your mind at ease.

The "rule" 48 hours to answer, and he may not follow rules...
Old 06-27-2013, 03:39 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

WVZR1, who do you think you are you big mouth a$$? I just bought this car so shut the hell up. If you don't have anything but insults to add then don't respond to my posts. F'n jerk.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:41 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

PLRX, the one time he did respond it was the next day so it does seem off a bit that it has taken him this long. I just want to get this parts issue straightened out.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:45 PM
toptechx6
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
I would guess that if the car is off the road "waiting parts" it's likely been weeks or maybe months "waiting"! A glance at the "calendar" might have given you a "hint" that good weather was likely coming soon!

I don't know that I'd blame the "lazy employee" but I'd say you do understand "LAZY"!
What is that old expression in the car business?

"Poor planing on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part."
Old 06-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Cruisinfanatic
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Clifton Park, NY ..............Clearwater, FL ... 85 Original Owner
Received 553 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
Try EBAYs contact seller option. Then you will have a name email and a phone number
no you don't
Old 06-27-2013, 04:16 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruisinfanatic
no you don't
Its not worth the argument. This is the level you go to in the pre dispute phase where both members are contacted and the information I stated earlier is exchanged.

And yes it does.

You are confusing the ask the seller a question option which is not what I said. Ive been an Ebay member since early 1997 with almost a 1300 feedback rating so I kinda know what im talking about

Last edited by Goldcylon; 06-27-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:19 PM
SirNut
Advanced

how convienent, i live in college station, TX. about an hour from Waco. Get me an address and perhaps I can strong-arm him into shipping your parts out
Old 06-27-2013, 04:29 PM
92polo
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Try ordering parts from Italy with a language barrier. At least you can communicate with them.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:35 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

Originally Posted by toptechx6
What is that old expression in the car business?

"Poor planing on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part."
Hey, I just bought this car. What planning would you suggest? I have been on this forum and others reading my a$$ off about the many problems I have with it and in my shop til 3-4 AM working on it so enough of jumping on me about planning. I have a headlight that doesn't come all the way up and after reading every post I could find on here about it I came to the conclusion that the gear/bushings needed to be replaced in the motor. I ordered the parts and waited then the day before the parts were to arrive I removed my headlight assembly in anticipation only to find the horseshoe and motor mount brackets were broken. I called every junkyard within a hundred miles with no success. I spent countless hours looking for the parts online. Nobody has the right to suggest I have not planned or am lazy. On top of that another problem I have is my dash goes black when I turn on the headlights. I spent countless hours reading posts about the issue and spent hours troubleshooting with the information I had only to find by chance (I grabbed it and yanked the **** sideways) that the headlight switch was bad. I ordered new brake pads, once again after researching here which ones to buy, only to find out the brake pins were grooved and had to be replaced. I ordered those parts a week and a half ago from a vendor on Amazon and they still haven't shown up. I only have so many hours in the day to deal with this car, I just want to enjoy it before the summer is gone.

This business, txvetteparts, seems to have everything I need to get this car on the road and at a fair price so I would like to have a conversation with the place to get this straightened out instead of dragging it out for another week before the parts are even shipped.
I would just appreciate a return email from the guy in a reasonable time or better yet a phone number. I would be more understanding if it was an individual who has a life outside eBay but a company that sells parts all day long should be able to respond fairly quickly.

I was just hoping somebody here knew what the name of the place was so I could make a phone call and get this taken care of. I didn't expect a litany of insults and assumptions about me as a person.

I don't know exactly what the delay is at this business that is preventing them from having prompt communication. I thought having an inept employee is the most likely scenario since I want to believe the business doesn't do this all the time. My apologies for taking a guess at the problem.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:35 PM
RollaMo-LT4
Race Director

Received 141 Likes on 116 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

WVZR1, who do you think you are you big mouth a$$? I just bought this car so shut the hell up. If you don't have anything but insults to add then don't respond to my posts. F'n jerk.
Well, ok then........

We'll see how much help you get now.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:44 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
Its not worth the argument. This is the level you go to in the pre dispute phase where both members are contacted and the information I stated earlier is exchanged.

And yes it does.

You are confusing the ask the seller a question option which is not what I said. Ive been an Ebay member since early 1997 with almost a 1300 feedback rating so I kinda know what im talking about
Well, I have been on eBay since 1999 and do remember being able to go to the seller's page and find the information; phone # etc. I went to the seller's eBay page and the only option I could find was a "contact seller" link. I clicked on it and it only allows me to send an email. Are you saying I have to file a dispute or something like that to get the guy's contact information?
Old 06-27-2013, 04:47 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RollaMo-LT4
Well, ok then........

We'll see how much help you get now.
Well what do you expect? The guy comes here and throws insults when he doesn't know anything about me or the situation. That's plain rude, I don't deserve that.

Get notified of new replies

To Does anybody know who Ebay user txvetteparts is?

Old 06-27-2013, 04:50 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

Originally Posted by yoyoyo109
how convienent, i live in college station, TX. about an hour from Waco. Get me an address and perhaps I can strong-arm him into shipping your parts out
HAHAHA!
Old 06-27-2013, 04:52 PM
cheme3093
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cruisinfanatic
no you don't
That's what I was saying.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:52 PM
RollaMo-LT4
Race Director

Received 141 Likes on 116 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Well what do you expect? The guy comes here and throws insults when he doesn't know anything about me or the situation. That's plain rude, I don't deserve that.
And what you posted to him wasn't?

I see nothing in his post that was insulting to you personally.
You on the other hand ....... LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does anybody know who Ebay user txvetteparts is?