C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED light issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 02:49 PM
jamieo
Melting Slicks

Received 535 Likes on 398 Posts

Default LED light issue

Just replaced my rear view mirror and installed LED lights in it while I had it apart.Now when I use the light switch on the mirror,the light is really dim.Checked with a DVM and it only shows about 6 volts.When I open the door or use the interior light switch they light up like they are supposed to.Anyone else ever have this issue?What could I be overlooking?Thanks for any suggestions!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:26 AM
Gilligan3
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rearview mirror

I don't have an answer for U but I would like to ask how you released the mirror from it's post on the glass. The early units had a torx screw (ok) but my C5 has no visible means of anything.

Gilly
Old 06-29-2013, 04:28 PM
jamieo
Melting Slicks

Received 535 Likes on 398 Posts

Mine is a 2000 model so it had the torx screw that secured it.Not sure how the later ones are mounted.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:49 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 808 Likes on 532 Posts

yeah, mine occasionally does that, too (2000 FRC). if i use the dimmer switch or open the doors, it works fine & that's just what i've dealt with for over 2yrs now
Old 06-29-2013, 06:09 PM
Ohyoufan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by _zebra
yeah, mine occasionally does that, too (2000 FRC). if i use the dimmer switch or open the doors, it works fine & that's just what i've dealt with for over 2yrs now
Mine did the same thing too, I just ripped all my LED's out and went back to factory lights cause I was tired of screwing with it. I'm contemplating going back though and trying something new with it.

Get notified of new replies

To LED light issue

Quick Reply: LED light issue