C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical problems after clutch install

Old 06-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Ashc2025
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default electrical problems after clutch install

Alright, I know i busted some wires in my harness. I had to do my clutch over the last week and I'm out a couple of circuits. My left front ABS went out, and i fixed by splicing a wire in to the ABS computer. I also lost my VSS and my reverse lock out solenoid.

I went point to point with the VSS and found an open on my purple line to the PCM. I spliced in two wire to replace the broke circuit. I know it worked because my code P0500 went away, and after 3 drives I haven't seen it pop up. HOWEVER, I still don't have my speedometer...:/

Second issue is the Reverse lockout solenoid. At first I thought it was working, but my shifter was loose and preventing proper gear selection. I'm not popping the 19 fuse, so I'm not shorted...possible open? or is the VSS preventing the computer from seeing the correct speed and not locking out reverse?
Old 06-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Ashc2025
Pro

No insight on what's causing the issue or if the two are related?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Ashc2025
Pro

I re-ran the wires directly to the PCM from the VSS. I know the connection is good and the connector is making contact, but I still don't have a speedo and my reverse lockout solenoid isn't disengaging.

Is there a grounding point for this thing somewhere?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:46 PM
martysauto
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

If you have a scanner you can check to see if the PCM is greeting the vss signal. If you pm me your email I can send you a schematic. I agree the reverse lock out is not working because of the speedo problem. I also think you'll find when you scan it it reads 0mph while driving. I would ohm the sensor and the plug it in and recheck between terminals 20 and 21 in pcm connector 2. Make sure it is unplugged. That will tell you if it's open.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:55 AM
Ashc2025
Pro

Thanks for helping me, I'm about to resort to alcoholism on this LOL
Old 06-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Ashc2025
Pro

Tests I've done:

PCM to sensor - No resistance or continuity. (open? but I he two new wires ran back there and they are good)

Dead short between sensor pins yields continuity to PCM

Test of pins in PCM - No resistance no Continuity

Each pin on PCM to ground yields random DC voltages when key is on. Nothing when off.

Get notified of new replies

To electrical problems after clutch install

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: electrical problems after clutch install