C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will the market get "flooded" when C 7's come out

Old 05-12-2013, 10:02 AM
tprice
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Will the market get "flooded" when C 7's come out

Still in the looking mode and I was talking to a local dealer about C-6. He told me they will have a huge selection as soon as c-7 models start hitting the lot and that if I wait till then I would get a killer deal and could find exactly what i am looking for

Any ideas on this. I am very serious and not a tire kicker and have to admit i am enjoying looking but get more and more confused the more i look

Have a few i have passed on due to some "simple" options i am wanting
Old 05-12-2013, 10:08 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,918 Likes on 4,804 Posts

Do not think the market will get flooded when the C7 finally hits the showrooms. Not sure what you are confused on and what exactly you are looking for. You did not mention year, options, price, etc. Plenty of good deals out there now so you should easily be able to get what you want.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:12 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,235 Likes on 703 Posts

No doubt there will be some but I dont think I would use the word flooded. The only thing I can say with certainty is mine wont be one of them..
Old 05-12-2013, 10:14 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 815 Likes on 384 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

That depends on a few things. First are you talking about this dealership will be flooded, or the market as a whole. First if you are referring to a specific dealer, then that will depend on his allocation. If he is a large volume dealer then most likely he will have a nice selection of used C6's to offer. However if he sells a small number of Corvette's each year then his selection will not be that great as his allocation will not be large.
Secondly, if you are wanting to shop all around the country then I expect that dealers will have a good select of nicely optioned C6's on their lot.
Finally, if there is a large demand for the low mileage well optioned C6's then the dealers will take advantage of that and the deals may not be all that great after all.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Snowwolfe
Le Mans Master

Received 878 Likes on 464 Posts

And you actually believed a car dealer?

Good used cars always sell well. Yes, they lose value like EVERY used car does. Don't for a second think every Corvette lover will immediately sell their cars to buy the latest and greatest.

The C6 is far from being dead and is a pretty bullet proof platform. The longer you look the longer you don't have a Corvette to drive. Life is to damn short to think you can save an extra 1,000 or 2,000 if you wait a year to see if the market is "flooded".

Last edited by Snowwolfe; 05-12-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:22 AM
42Chevy
It's 5 o'clock Somewhere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
St Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I saw a thread on production numbers over the past few years and I believe it averaged about 12-13k per year. Unless GM is expecting huge increases due to the new model, that is not alot of cars. I dont see how that could possibly "flood" the market.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:44 AM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 310 Likes on 200 Posts

I dont think theres gonna be any flood...Why wait, get yourself a c6 now and enjoy
Old 05-12-2013, 10:56 AM
tprice
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks. This is what i would consider the largest volume Corvette dealer in the Upstate of SC

I guess "flooded" may not be the right term. He just told me they were placing quiet a few orders with ling time Vette owners and said they should have a good selection

As for me looking for 07-10 and trying to stay in low $30k range but willing to go little higher for right C6

Wife and i have couple colors that We do not want and she really likes the Cyber Grey or Crystal metallic Red

I have also got to where i really like the two tone interior's but that is not a deal breaker
Old 05-12-2013, 11:00 AM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

No flood just more used car on the lot. On another note...I went to a Corvette Car Show yesterday at a local Chevy Dealer (Parks) during the show I went inside to see if they had any Brochures yet and as I was speaking to this Young lady about them this snailsman came up quickly and injected himself into my conversation. He was trying to get me to pre-order at MSRP, he said that if I waited for them to hit the lot then the sticker would have a $5,000 mark up on it so I should act fast. I laughed and he asked why I was laughing. I told him that if I ever saw a practice like that coming from this dealership that I would put him on the same list as Hendricks and never buy from them again. I have purchased cars from them in the past. There is an Old saying...If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Chuck Little
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Four decades in the car business, and I can tell you that a 'nice' car is always in demand. If the market has a lot to choose from it may make it nicer for the buyer, and give them more choice. Corvettes are never going to be a plentiful item on most UC dealers lots, so my advice, if you find a nice car, the right color and equipment, BUY it.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:13 AM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

It was flooded in 2008 when GM discounted 15-20k unsold c6's, but since production numbers dropped drastically in the following years, the demand for affordable used vettes is pretty high.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by tprice
Thanks. This is what i would consider the largest volume Corvette dealer in the Upstate of SC

I guess "flooded" may not be the right term. He just told me they were placing quiet a few orders with ling time Vette owners and said they should have a good selection

As for me looking for 07-10 and trying to stay in low $30k range but willing to go little higher for right C6

Wife and i have couple colors that We do not want and she really likes the Cyber Grey or Crystal metallic Red

I have also got to where i really like the two tone interior's but that is not a deal breaker
First, if you're saying 07-10 you probably mean 08-10 (the years with the LS3 motor not the LS2).

Second, a 1LT of those years can be had for the low 30s already. I went to the high 30s though to get a 3LT and a 2010 with really low mileage.

That puts me to my response saying that what you're looking for in terms of price and features is available right now. Be willing to travel a bit to find the right car. I went a little over 250 miles to find the one I wanted.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:34 AM
tprice
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
First, if you're saying 07-10 you probably mean 08-10 (the years with the LS3 motor not the LS2).

Second, a 1LT of those years can be had for the low 30s already. I went to the high 30s though to get a 3LT and a 2010 with really low mileage.

That puts me to my response saying that what you're looking for in terms of price and features is available right now. Be willing to travel a bit to find the right car. I went a little over 250 miles to find the one I wanted.

Thanks and yes you are correct. 08-10' newbie here and that is one of the many things i have learned here.

This site is really been a huge help
Old 05-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Thanks and yes you are correct. 08-10' newbie here and that is one of the many things i have learned here.

This site is really been a huge help
that's what we're all here for. I was a newb 2 months ago. I signed up to learn a bit more before I purchased my first Vette. I had a 4th generation Camaro a long time ago so I wasn't too unfamiliar with the LSx series motors but I wanted to be a little educated before I made my purchase. Happy hunting and good luck with your search!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 12:04 PM
6893Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 42Chevy
I saw a thread on production numbers over the past few years and I believe it averaged about 12-13k per year. Unless GM is expecting huge increases due to the new model, that is not alot of cars. I dont see how that could possibly "flood" the market.

Prices on the C6 have been coming down but I don't expect huge discounts off current prices. With low volume C7's hitting the market the C6 will not be a fire sale. C6's will take the normal Vette price curve. Huge performance improvements were made starting with the C5, this will make C5's and C6's desirable in the long term. With production numbers being much lower than they used to be (all newer Vettes), prices will not be hit as hard as for higher production cars.

Buy what you want, when you find it, I would not wait, unless of course you want to spend more for a C7.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:07 PM
GrandSportRob
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 160 Posts

Selection is already dropping if your looking for new..There's plenty of us who bought 13's & don't care about a C7 with its full sticker price & first year bugs.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:37 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

If you are talking used Vettes I think that dealer is assuming that people will be trading their vettes in for this new phenomena ... I think that is an assumption without merit. There are plenty of C6's of all kinda out there now, new and used.if you insist on searching for a car for all eternity then yes you will get confused and drive yourself nuts.To the uninformed dealers out there, they have used vettes for sale for as much as a new 13 can be had from forum dealers.Most Chevy dealers outside of this forum are totally uniformed or under informed when it comes to all things Corvette.By the way, my car won't be on any lot either..I'm no fan of the cartoonish C7.

Last edited by not08crmanymore; 05-12-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Will the market get "flooded" when C 7's come out

Old 05-12-2013, 01:42 PM
ArcticC7
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Still in the looking mode and I was talking to a local dealer about C-6. He told me they will have a huge selection as soon as c-7 models start hitting the lot and that if I wait till then I would get a killer deal and could find exactly what i am looking for

Any ideas on this. I am very serious and not a tire kicker and have to admit i am enjoying looking but get more and more confused the more i look

Have a few i have passed on due to some "simple" options i am wanting
Why Just C6? Only C6 owners will buy a C7? So he is admitting that GM will fail to bring in other brands on C7 trades? Ridiculous
Old 05-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Just 4 2
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Same thing happened to me at Parks when c6 came out. I was there to buy and just walked out, never went back .
Old 05-12-2013, 02:00 PM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
No doubt there will be some but I dont think I would use the word flooded. The only thing I can say with certainty is mine wont be one of them..
I love my C6's so much that I just bought another one Thursday!

It's a PROVEN platform and despite the (over) hype by some C7 fan boys, the C6 is and will remain a very beautiful and capable car for many years to come.

I might buy a C7, but not right away. Like R&L, I am certain I won't be in a rush to dump any of my Corvettes to be "the first kid on the block" to own a C7. I'll see how the thing actually performs and also wait for the bugs to be worked out. I'll let others be the initial guinea pigs for any teething pains and development of aftermarket parts for the C7. Let those guys spend time and money to see what works and what doesn't and then we can benefit once some "collective knowledge" is learned.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will the market get "flooded" when C 7's come out