C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 C6 12k Miles

Old 05-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Houston_C6
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 C6 12k Miles

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/386...0504155506.jpg

Hey all,

I am new to the forum as well as to Corvette's. Just bought my C6 last Saturday and do not know where to start on Engine Mods. Any advice will be appreciated. I didn't know how to post the pic directly in the post but I did add a link to the photo. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Houston_C6; 05-11-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:39 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Welcome; nice looking car, and only 12K miles. Good find.

My suggestion on mods is to drive the car for awhile before doing anything. Get to know your likes and dislikes and then scope out your own mind as to what your over all goal for the car is. Will it be a street car? a drag strip car? a track car? some combination? etc. What's the budget going to be? Once those big picture visions are established in your mind, then you can decide what changes you want to make to achieve the goal. Could be suspension changes, engine bolt-ons, headers and exhaust, forced induction, or major internal engine mods. Maybe you are happy with performance in stock form and just want to do cosmetic changes. The choices and expenses are almost limitless, so you need to know yourself before proceeding.

I would also encourage you to spend a few weeks just reading on the forum. There is a wealth of ideas and knowledge here and most everyone is willing to share their experience with you. Reading about what others have done is the best way to solidify your own ideas.

Good luck, and remember there are no stupid questions here

P.S. Fill out your profile so we know something about you and your car.

Last edited by SUB VETTE; 05-11-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: extra info
Old 05-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Houston_C6
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will likely be both. Track/Street car. It will be my project car. It only gets driven on the weekends. My goal right now is to get it to respond well. Right now in its stock form to me it doesn't got quite the jump i was looking for. My buddy suggested start with the basic's as in Intake, Headers, Exhaust. So right now I am looking for a shop here in Houston that will get my pointed in the right direction. As of now I am just trying to take in as much knowledge as I can about the engine and car in general. Thanks for the advice. I will keep digging into post's here.

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 C6 12k Miles

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 C6 12k Miles