Sponsored by:

75 corvette v belt assembly

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 04:33 PM
C9211MILLS
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 75 corvette v belt assembly

i am working on a friends car but he has the alternator on the passenger side of the car and everything (ac, power steering etc.) is not how the original set up is suppose to be. i think i have all the brackets but just don't exactly how they are set in place. all i need is just an idea or a picture of the original set up.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Blame
Pro

Google images type in "75 corvette v belt setting". That will give you all the pics you will need.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:03 PM
C9211MILLS
2nd Gear

yeah. i've tried that but i need to know if the alternator bracket hooks up to the water pump or the manifold and if the power steering hooks up to the head? need to know the placement of each bracket. there's no real picture that shows where each part bolts on. i have a haynes book but that really doesn't show me either. sucks to be me.. haha.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Blame
Pro

Dont suck to be you. I replace my alternator 3 times today to find out my system dont run on a 63 amp it takes the 83 amp alternator. The kicker no one has one in jacksonville and if order it will be here by friday or next weeks monday. Suck to be me lol.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by C9211MILLS
i am working on a friends car but he has the alternator on the passenger side of the car and everything (ac, power steering etc.) is not how the original set up is suppose to be. i think i have all the brackets but just don't exactly how they are set in place. all i need is just an idea or a picture of the original set up.
Have your friend order the '75 assembly instruction manual (AIM). The AIM shows all the factory brackets, how they mount, part numbers, and correct belt routing.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Silver Vulture
Heel & Toe

Original setup, alternator driver side, power steering pump driver side, ac compresor passenger side, you probably have the accesories of other chevy car, that means also de water pump you must have a long pump, since only the long pump can acomodate the alternator on the pasenger side and the compresor and ps pump on driver side, hope this helps
Old 07-25-2013, 02:39 AM
jnealg
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

does this help? not a great shot but maybe it will help.

Get notified of new replies

To 75 corvette v belt assembly

Quick Reply: 75 corvette v belt assembly