C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this is a Good Buy

Old 05-02-2013, 11:27 PM
traderfjp
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Is this is a Good Buy

I found a mint 2008 Monterey Red with 22k. It is a 3lt with two tone interior, Dual mode exhaust, magnetic ride control, heated seats, michelin pilot tires, Manual, and two tops. I was able to get the dealership down to 33,500 but they won't budge after that. It has everything I want but after market rims (can live with rims) and no Nav. It does have a 6 cd changer. Not sure about XM. The car looks to be well cared for.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:33 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by traderfjp
I found a mint 2008 Monterey Red with 22k. It is a 3lt with two tone interior, Dual mode exhaust, magnetic ride control, heated seats, michelin pilot tires, Manual, and two tops. I was able to get the dealership down to 33,500 but they won't budge after that. It has everything I want but after market rims (can live with rims) and no Nav. It does have a 6 cd changer. Not sure about XM. The car looks to be well cared for.

It is "in the price range" but not an outstanding value.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:35 PM
traderfjp
Burning Brakes

I've been looking for a while and it's hard to find a manual with heated seats and two tone seats. If I wanted an auto I could get a better deal. There seems to be lots of used autos around. I probabl should wait for the C7 to be released.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

If it's the car equipped just as you want, and it checks-out mechanically, you should of course consider buying it.
You can spend a lot of time looking. That car has only been driven like 4K mi's/yr...see of you can extend the
power-train warranty.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:45 PM
traderfjp
Burning Brakes

It comes with a 6month or 6k mile warranty. I would have liked to get this car for 31k but with summer around the corner I don't think it's doable. Usually the best deals are on Ebay but no luck.

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
If it's the car equipped just as you want, and it checks-out mechanically, you should of course consider buying it.
You can spend a lot of time looking. That car has only been driven like 4K mi's/yr...see of you can extend the
power-train warranty.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Jimmy52
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like a good price for that year. Is it a Hardtop or Convertible?
my 05 pictured here, I paid $32,900 with 9600miles on it without Nav.
But that's here in Florida where you will always pay more for a florida Corvette and a $600 MANDATORY DEALER FEE thanks to Florida legislation some years back:
Old 05-02-2013, 11:55 PM
traderfjp
Burning Brakes

9600 miles will cost a few dollars more too. I love your convertible. The car is a hardtop. The sticker shows 58k msrp. I passed on a 2009 for 29,500 it had several scratches, dirt tattoed to the seats and curb rash on every rim. That car had 44k on the speedo and nice options. It was a Z51 with an aftermarket head Nav unit. They guy who owned it was a slob and the car seemed to surge a little when the car was being shifted.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Jimmy52
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

the car your inquiring on sounds like it was only driven 4500 miles per year since 08? Low miles and an incentive to buy if you ask me, however you have to be happy with it. If it fills your needs, color, options, auto or manual and has bells & whistles you desire in a Vette. then don't be the guy to see somebody else get in it and take it away!! Good luck!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:50 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 154 Likes on 133 Posts

I've been looking for a while and it's hard to find a manual with heated seats and two tone seats. If I wanted an auto I could get a better deal. There seems to be lots of used autos around. I probabl should wait for the C7 to be released.
YOU have to decide what YOU want. There are a lot of used vettes on the market, but apparently few with the options YOU want. Remember that the C7 will be a more costly than this, and it will probably have "first model year" issues. And it will probably be a special order C7, because of your desires, which means more waiting.

But in the end, it is your money, and YOU should do what YOU want, and not worry about it. Then, go out and enjoy it, and don't look back!

Meaning, if this one has the options and style that YOU like, this is a fair price. It's not a super bargain, but a fair price on what seems to be a "hard to find" car that YOU like.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:11 AM
londonk
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

its just ok...... i just sold my 08 vert 3lt nav six speed needing new rubber for 31500 and it had 20 thousand miles. The car was very nice, my wife drove it for five years...
Old 05-03-2013, 07:13 AM
richietables
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's the one you want, pull the trigger... It's hard to find the specifics you seek. As you say summer is around the corner, you could be driving it!

Good luck.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:48 AM
bigterpsfan
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts

Buy it if it checks out! Don't wait until the fall to save a grand or so. Cut back on something else and save the extra grand or two. This way you will get to enjoy it all summer. Plus if it is exactly what you want, it could take a while to find it again and the price could be higher.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:57 AM
rjmij
Instructor

You might want to buy it, you will have a one-of-a-kind, the only 2008 Monterey Red Covette. I might be wrong but in 2008 Monterey Red was not offered, it should be Crystal Red Metalic Tincoat.

Last edited by rjmij; 05-03-2013 at 07:57 AM. Reason: sp
Old 05-03-2013, 08:22 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,918 Likes on 4,804 Posts

The price is good enough, if that is the car you want buy it. Or you can continue the search for the greatest deal ever that you always read about on this forum.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:46 AM
6893Vette
Burning Brakes

If its the car with the options that you want, I would go for it. It took me a long time to find my car and this price is in the right range. Or you could wait another year for prices to come down more....I say go for it.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
The price is good enough, if that is the car you want buy it. Or you can continue the search for the greatest deal ever that you always read about on this forum.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Old Boot
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked for over a year ( more like 2), couldnt figgure out exactly what I wanted and what was a good deal until I looked at a lot of cars ( on line and in person over 200 for sure) You see one that looks like it will do for a great price or closer to what you really want but that costs more. I ended up buy a new GS but at a really good price (2012 in 2013) figgure out what is your price point you feel comfortable with, then see what you can get for that remember new ones somtimes have great deals on finanace and such so a 6K difference might be eatin up by 0% finance and additional deals.
Good luck figguring it all out and I am so glad I bought the one I did and I am sure you will be also no matter what you get.

Get notified of new replies

To Is this is a Good Buy

Old 05-03-2013, 01:19 PM
808c6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometime it gets lucky, I've been just web surfing at corvette for less than a month and bought my 1st 08 black c6 coupe with 8630 miles and 10/10 condition. Also shipped it back to Hawaii from Arizona and since loving it.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:26 PM
ArcticC7
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelinmech
It is "in the price range" but not an outstanding value.
I would do this tell them you are a buyer at $32K walk into the store with a check filled out in the dealers name and signed for $500 deposit. Ask to see the Used car Mgr not the salesaman and hand him the check. Watch what happens.

Last edited by ArcticC7; 05-03-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:30 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,940 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I'd say along w. michael above, it's an ok price. But do check w. any GM dealer on the vin to see what if anything has been done warranty-wise. It's called the IVH (investigate veh. history). It's free. I'd also get both autocheck experian and carfax. And finally, I'd have it checked out by a corvette technician other than where you are buying it from if it's at a chev dealer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this is a Good Buy