Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dang! My Exwife sawC5my Torch Red Vert & now shes taking me 2court for CS increase:/

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 04:23 PM
PeterB
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Dang! My Exwife sawC5my Torch Red Vert & now shes taking me 2court for CS increase:/

Anybody else have that happen to them? I mean my overall income is down. Pre nup covered my premarital investments, other toys so its good there and not that I flaunted it... My 8yr old son Nicholas PeterB was so excited when I told him it was his, he raved to her "Daddy bought me a Red Corvette".. Couple weeks later I get a summons for Child Support increase?? As if it was a new Lamborghini! Its a $20K financed, 12 year old car for goodness sakes with 35K miles??

Never again. Nuts! I tell you they're all nuts!!

What happened to you. Help me feel better please. Thank you.

Last edited by PeterB; 04-30-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:39 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by PeterB.
Anybody else have that happen to them? I mean my overall income is down. Pre nup covered my premarital investments, other toys so its good there and not that I flaunted it... My 8yr old son Nicholas PeterB was so excited when I told him it was his, he raved to her "Daddy bought me a Red Corvette".. Couple weeks later I get a summons for Child Support increase?? As if it was a new Lamborghini! Its a $20K financed, 12 year old car for goodness sakes with 35K miles??

Never again. Nuts! I tell you they're all nuts!!

What happened to you. Help me feel better please. Thank you.

I'll never understand why women think they have to have every right of a man, and still try to take what belongs to us when it has nothing to do with them, in cases like this.

Hopefully when they realize it's a 12 year old financed car they will get some sense about themselves. But we are dealing with two of the most unstable creatures on the planet.

Women and lawyers.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:44 PM
Laser Guided
Drifting

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Not gonna lie, I actually got a little irritated just reading that, and I've never even been in a similar scenario. You should pay less for her wasting your time, since time is money...

Last edited by Laser Guided; 04-30-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:44 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,673 Likes on 1,479 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Produce the paperwork confirming the cost of the car and its age. The actual model should have nothing to do with it. It's a used car! Would she be acting this way if it was a Honda Accord?!

A friend of mine had some crazy high CS payments each month and there is no way in any alternative or parallel universe that she was spending all the $$$ on their children.

Last edited by MSG C5; 04-30-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:45 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
I'll never understand why women think they have to have every right of a man, and still try to take what belongs to us when it has nothing to do with them, in cases like this.

Hopefully when they realize it's a 12 year old financed car they will get some sense about themselves. But we are dealing with two of the most unstable creatures on the planet.

Women and lawyers.
Ain't that the truth...

And they'll probably want you to pay her court fees too

In my experience the man is always the loser in these things...maybe you have a chance since this is all numbers, but I hope the vette is your daily driver, if its a toy....bend over!
Old 04-30-2013, 04:46 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

OK . . I'll go for it since nobody else has . .

Pic of Ex-wife ??
Old 04-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Loby 1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder what Tony Soprano would do?
Old 04-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Bimmervet
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Pete, the same thing happened to me. I droped my son off at his mothers in the used Corvette I just bought and she came running out of the house yelling at me how could I afford to buy a Corvette. I told her it was used (12 years old at the time.) And reminded her that I always owned Corvettes before we were married and you said when the time came I could buy another one. Well the time came, and I said this is what I wanted and it is used she tried to take me back to court but it didn't work. I can still picture her running out of the house yelling at me.
This was in 1991.
If you are making less money petition the court to lower your child support payments. If your wife is living with or has men over night and is not married that is illegal in Illinois to co habitate with another man in the presence of your child. My ex was going to move in with her boyfriend and I told her if you do I will take you back to court and demand full custody not joint. She waited untill she married him.
I feel you pain!

Last edited by Bimmervet; 04-30-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:08 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

Originally Posted by oh1vette
Ain't that the truth...

And they'll probably want you to pay her court fees too

In my experience the man is always the loser in these things...maybe you have a chance since this is all numbers, but I hope the vette is your daily driver, if its a toy....bend over!
Most likely.

I recall my ex in a meeting saying she wanted part of my retirement.

I said fine, and how much of yours do I get? Well none, then her lawyer told her, he can have the same percent of yours as you get from him.

Problem solved. I kept the whole thing.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Johnz02Z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

If your overall income is down then go to court and present the proof and the paperwork for the car and get the CS lowered and then take a pic of her screaming!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:29 PM
rob-cyn
Drifting

Received 84 Likes on 43 Posts

Been there and done that !!
So glad my kids are all grown and we get along great
As for the ex....karmas a bitch !!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:38 PM
coia96vette
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I feel your pain. My wife of 29 years just took off on me for greener pastures. Female midlife crisis are a b!tch. I am keeping my 04 no matter what. She has her own sports car. It is paid for so no problem there. Now to get through all this court bs and try to get on with my life. Getting too old for this much drama.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:54 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

It could have been worse.

I was once on a bar stool(honest) and asked the girl next to me why so sad.

Said she saw her ex driving past at a light, got so mad , she pulled out hard and T boned him.
She was sad because it was not him, only the cars looked alike.

No , I didn't buy her a drink......
Old 04-30-2013, 05:59 PM
2ooo-C5
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

why do people think having a corvette means you a rich.
I paid more for a chevy colorado then i did my corvette.

Most people pay more for the ford explorer then i did my vette.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

ask her how much she spend on shoes, hair dresser, etc.. and bottom line it's really none of f'ing business. She is not part of your life anymore., Besides does the cost of raising children go up when you buy a Vette, and is there a stipulation in your final settlement that states if you get another car, she is entitled to more of your sweat???
Old 04-30-2013, 06:28 PM
DooDooBear1999
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel my blood boil every time I read a story like this.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:36 PM
SlowFRC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a 24 year old single man I can safely say that stories like these have convinced me to never get married. The few years of being "in love" with an inevitable painful divorce to come just aren't worth it.

Get notified of new replies

To Dang! My Exwife sawC5my Torch Red Vert & now shes taking me 2court for CS increase:/

Old 04-30-2013, 06:36 PM
mxz800
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about the laws in your state but in my state its cut, and dry as far as child support goes. Maine uses a child support calculator its simple math doesn't matter what car you drive.

I made out ok in my divorce, she had to pay me since my son lived with me full time. My son hasn't seen his birth mother since he was 9 years old, he is 26 now. Thats ok she has found Jesus, (Religion the last refuse of a Scoundrel) she tells people that my son is my dead brother's child, my brother died 2 years before my son was born. How do I know she says this? One of her new husband's family came up to my son last year, told him that its to bad what happened to his Dad, and his Aunt would've loved to keep him but she isn't blood.

I might of won the most crazy Ex contest.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:45 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I was fortunate enough to never have the ex come after me for more money. I took care of my daughter's needs and that was good enough for her. Most women are crazy selfish though, after a breakup.

I'm just so glad my girl is over 18 and I don't have to give that wind-bag another cent. She spent most of the money on herself anyhow - shoes and purses (while being a questionable mother to my daughter).

Not fun.

GOOD LUCK.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Suthunman
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

What you choose to do with your money or to drive is none of her business. The judge doesn't care either. Here in Arkansas child support is pretty cut and dried. It's a percentage of your income. If its the same way in Illinois and your income is down since the divorce, you should ask for a decrease. Whatever happens, I can't see the judge saying Peter B we are ordering you to pay more child support because you bought a Corvette.

Quick Reply: Dang! My Exwife sawC5my Torch Red Vert & now shes taking me 2court for CS increase:/