Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Options - Z51 & non-Z51

Old 04-24-2013, 06:49 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Wheel Options - Z51 & non-Z51

I have a major question, if you are ordering a C7 with or without Z51 you must take the painted wheels, if you want the chrome or machine faced you will be forced to have two sets of wheels & tires. I could see if one has the Z51 package their might be a reason for a extra set of wheels. One ordering a non-Z51 would only want the wheel upgrade for looks and really have no need for the extra wheels. See the statement from the order guide applicable to the wheel upgrades.

1 - NOTE: Car is being ordered with 2 complete sets of optional wheels. Please make sure customer desires both sets of optional wheels before proceeding.

Any one know the reasoning for this, do you think GM will change the procedure, any dealers chime in if you think this will change. I have my order in for a non Z and asked my dealer today and they stated thats the way they understand it.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

That note is incorrect. This has been posted before in other threads. If you order the other wheels (chrome, black) you will NOT get two sets of wheels. See Dave's thread.

In particular, see this post.

Last edited by Zymurgy; 04-24-2013 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Added link to specific post
Old 04-24-2013, 07:30 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,012 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by DCBE
I have a major question, if you are ordering a C7 with or without Z51 you must take the painted wheels, if you want the chrome or machine faced you will be forced to have two sets of wheels & tires. I could see if one has the Z51 package their might be a reason for a extra set of wheels. One ordering a non-Z51 would only want the wheel upgrade for looks and really have no need for the extra wheels. See the statement from the order guide applicable to the wheel upgrades.

1 - NOTE: Car is being ordered with 2 complete sets of optional wheels. Please make sure customer desires both sets of optional wheels before proceeding.

Any one know the reasoning for this, do you think GM will change the procedure, any dealers chime in if you think this will change. I have my order in for a non Z and asked my dealer today and they stated thats the way they understand it.
When the dealer sent my order for the Z51 to GM last week, I had the same question. My order went in without any options wheels which meant with the Z51 option, it would come with painted silver 19"/20" wheels. I believed GM made a mistake and would be able to change my order to include black wheels. Then on Monday, the deal said I was right and GM had changed/clarified the wheel selection and if you order Q7T, it will come with black wheels without having to order a complete extra set.

I suspect someone did a copy/paste on that option block not thinking what it really meant.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
That note is incorrect. This has been posted before in other threads. If you order the other wheels (chrome, black) you will NOT get two sets of wheels. See Dave's thread.

In particular, see this post.
Ok, looking at that post it still did not clear up my question.

I am ordering a non Z 3lt, so getting the jest of the statment referenced, is this a correct statment.

If I order a LPO - 5YU option I will get 19s&20s with a extra set of 18s&19s. However if I order QX3 or RQ1s instead of the standard QG6 (Standard painted) those will be the only wheels & tires I get.

Hopefully GM will clearify their position & statments to be less confusing.

AM I correct in my assumptions?????
Old 04-26-2013, 12:04 AM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Anyone have a idea what these look like.

5YU-LPO, Torque directional chrome aluminum 19" (48.3 cm) front and 20" (50.8 cm) rear wheels, includes wheels, center caps, lug nuts and caps and wheel lock kit. Genuine Corvette Accessory

They can be ordered with any configuration, but then you will get two set of wheels and tires.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 AM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Buy the black, they throw the chrome ones in.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Originally Posted by DCBE
Anyone have a idea what these look like.

5YU-LPO, Torque directional chrome aluminum 19" (48.3 cm) front and 20" (50.8 cm) rear wheels, includes wheels, center caps, lug nuts and caps and wheel lock kit. Genuine Corvette Accessory

They can be ordered with any configuration, but then you will get two set of wheels and tires.
Are they the wheels that were on the vert at Geneva?

Last edited by Zymurgy; 04-26-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, those are the dealer installed optional "Torque directional" wheels in the painted color. 19" front, 20" rear.

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel Options - Z51 & non-Z51

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheel Options - Z51 & non-Z51