7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

C7 redesign possible?

Old 04-23-2013, 01:00 PM
bmacZO6
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default C7 redesign possible?

There are a few folks on here that have climbed to the top of the mountain and are yelling as loud as they can, for all to hear, that the Corvette design team missed the mark with the C7

The Question is: Does anyone really think the constant complaining on this forum will result in an actual change in design within the next couple of years?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bmacZO6
There are a few folks on here that have climbed to the top of the mountain and are yelling as loud as they can, for all to hear, that the Corvette design team missed the mark with the C7

The Question is: Does anyone really think the constant complaining on this forum will result in an actual change in design within the next couple of years?
Seriously?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:06 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,152 Likes on 514 Posts

Sorry to burst your bubble. This car is a massive success. Their not changing a thing. I've called around the country to discuss prices with the dealers that have allocations. They are all booked out or close to it. I think team Corvette hit a grand slam with this car. Unbelievably beautiful.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:08 PM
bmacZO6
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
Sorry to burst your bubble. This car is a massive success. Their not changing a thing. I've called around the country to discuss prices with the dealers that have allocations. They are all booked out or close to it. I think team Corvette hit a grand slam with this car. Unbelievably beautiful.
It is not my bubble. I think the car is great, but there a several folks that are picking apart one thing or another. I sold my C5 with plans on getting a C7

My point is the constant complaining serves no real purpose. I don't think there is any chance GM will change anything on the C7. It is time for the folks that don't like it to move along and find something they like.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Dudeurgettnavette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anything is possible
Old 04-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@ skank, I'm just curious how you know the car is a "massive success"? Just because hundreds of cars are ordered doesn't tell a thing, just wondering where you are getting your info from?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:13 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Let me be the first to post this prediction about this thread.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:17 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427
@ skank, I'm just curious how you know the car is a "massive success"? Just because hundreds of cars are ordered doesn't tell a thing, just wondering where you are getting your info from?
Lots of orders already...more than you got.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

@ OX, what the heck are you talking about? And are you answering for skank?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:26 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

@ OX, what the heck are you talking about? And are you answering for skank?
Simply pointing out the flaw in your logic. You have nothing upon which to base any idea that it isn't or won't be a success.

BTW, whats with the sudden addition of an "@" every time you write?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

And as I asked skank to provide the info that states it will. Seeing how you chimed in why don't you provide it, and no preorders do not account for success!! He used the term "massive success", and what data is that based on sir?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 598 Likes on 220 Posts

it'll never happen
Old 04-23-2013, 01:33 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

And as I asked skank to provide the info that states it will. Seeing how you chimed in why don't you provide it, and no preorders do not account for success!! He used the term "massive success", and what data is that based on sir?
What do you have that says otherwise? Certainly any early order activity is a sign of success. Maybe you think deposits and orders are a sign of the failure you seem to long for?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:37 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

The C7 is a big hit and GM has yet to deliver a single unit to an end user. Rave reviews from the auto press abound. Enthusiats are lining up for it.

It is abundantly clear and painfully obvious that a few recent C6 purchasers feel the need to be the guy foolishly screaming on top of the mountain. These guys think they can preserve the cash value of their respective C6 models by bashing the C7 like butt-hurt children. They just don't seem to understand that all their bitching and fussing won't do a thing other than to display their insecurity about the new models effect on C6 values.

Embrace the C7 as it is the future, a bright one indeed.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Yes. They will make the tail lights even more like the Camaro because they are so popular.

Actually, most cars go through a facelift after 3-4 years to keep them fresh looking.

GM is already smiling all the way to the bank with the C7. They know they have just turned the corner and kept the Corvette alive another 5 years.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Where do you get from my initial statement I said it would not be a success? I just asked for some validity and as stated deposits and orders does not define success! the Angels and dodgers went out and spent a ton of money a la as the Yankees would, does that mean they will win the World Series? Insert buzzer noise here....NOT!

Why do you always have to make everything a controversy, you wreck more threads on this board than anyone! I asked the man a simple question, one that he nor you can answer with certainty.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:41 PM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Using this forum as a litmus test is a very flawed way to predict the success/failure of this car.

While this forum is among, if not the largest Corvette dedicated internet forum, just in number of members alone, it is still a very small representation of Corvette enthusiasts. Then consider that many of the members here stick pretty much to their own generations forum, and may have never looked at, much less posted in the C7 section.

Then there are the many Corvette owners that just have no interest in internet forums.

Then consider those "other car" drivers out there that may be all over this car when it's available, that have no idea this forum exists.

So this section represents, from the number of usual posters I see, a very small pool of this forums members, thus a miniscule representation of the sports car world at large. Now let's combine that with polls, being what they are, here recently where about 85% of the regulars in this section, approve of the car. I really only see a very few people posting very often how they truly dislike the car.

Anyway, just my observation...on with the ensuing train wreck.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 redesign possible?

Old 04-23-2013, 01:42 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Where do you get from my initial statement I said it would not be a success? I just asked for some validity and as stated deposits and orders does not define success! the Angels and dodgers went out and spent a ton of money a la as the Yankees would, does that mean they will win the World Series? Insert buzzer noise here....NOT!

Why do you always have to make everything a controversy, you wreck more threads on this board than anyone! I asked the man a simple question, one that he nor you can answer with certainty.
You are the one making it a controversy. I simply added my thoughts to your question. Are you trying to say you've never done that?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:43 PM
C2Jeff
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 42 Posts

Dumbest poll ever.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:45 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Where do you get the idea that anyone here is obligated to provide you with "validity" or any other facts and figures. Do your own homework, might reduce the amount of time you have to bash the C7.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 redesign possible?