C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone recommend an affordable and reliable transport co..

Old 04-18-2013, 02:29 AM
AVETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 678 Likes on 269 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Can anyone recommend an affordable and reliable transport co..

I am looking for an enclosed transport at a reasonable rate from NW Indiana to Sacramento CA for my twin turbo 2007 c6 corvette. Does anyone have any recommendations? What should I expect to pay. (I have a buyer there and we are looking at what the best and most affordable options are) it has to be enclosed and the company licensed, bonded and insured of course...

THANK YOU any and all recommendations welcomed
Old 04-18-2013, 07:21 AM
sjohnson2615
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have used Ingognito Express many times over the last few years and have been extremely satisfied.They always seem to work me in without a lot of wait time.
They specialize in one or two car haulers rather than the big rigs and I prefer that,however it may be to costly on that length of haul.I usually am moving cars up and down the east coast and midwest.
They are based out of Texas.Call them and see if it works for your situation.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:38 AM
C6FirstVette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Try Plycon Transport...they specialize in higher end cars (are the transport company for several Italian brands and Tesla and several of the auction houses) I am shipping my C6 and a MINI CooperS next week from Northern Virginia to Palm Beach (950 miles) and it is running me $1870 for both cars. Heard many good things about Plycon...have actually used PassPort transport in the past and they are very good except that have gotten pricey and will not match costs from other reliable transport companies. Beware of cheapy transport BROKERS who simply act as a clearing house for many transporters...make sure whoever you select actually own their transporters and the drivers are employees of the company.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:58 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Ask TOMMY JR of Macmaulkin.He can hook you up.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Willytrash
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tommy uses Intercity Lines. They just delivered mine a week and a half ago. Somewhere around a dollar a mile. Enclosed and insured.
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I also give a vote to Intercity. The only problem is they are located in Mass. so up and down the east coast is easy for them. Ind to Ca., unless they have some other work in that direction, if could be a problem. Here is their # 1 800 221 3936. Congrats and good luck with the car. Don't forget to let them know you're a CF Member. You get a discount.

Get notified of new replies

To Can anyone recommend an affordable and reliable transport co..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can anyone recommend an affordable and reliable transport co..