C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you recommend i do with my 98 T56.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 02:57 AM
c4vetteontop
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What would you recommend i do with my 98 T56.

I have added some extra power to my 98 6 speed. I have added a supercharger and the car is now making around 500 hp. I had to replace the Clutch setup because the stock setup was just not holding.
I upgraded to a monster stage 2. I just started taking the car to the track. I have only put about 6 passes on the car. I have noticed that my Syncors are starting to go. At first it was only 3rd-4th. but now i am noticing that i am getting a grindding from 2nd-3rd and also 4th-5th.
What would you recommend that i do to fix my problem. Should i upgrade the t56 that i have or should i pick up a c5 z06 t56 and just install that? what would be the best thing to do for my corvette.. I do plan on keeping the car and might do some heads and cams down the road.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:20 AM
SaberD
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

well if you want to maintain stock reliability, i would get it rebuilt with tr6060 components. There are a few shops that do this. RPM transmissions, and Eastcoast Performance to name a couple.

The c6z06 comes with 505 hp, and it comes with a tr6060 for a reason. Upgrade the diff as well.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:04 PM
3sACROWD
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 325 Posts

You will likely need to upgrade your transmission.

Just for kicks and giggles, try a shifter alignment to see if that isn't your current issue. With you jamming through the gears, maybe your shifter lost it's alignment.

Get notified of new replies

To What would you recommend i do with my 98 T56.

Quick Reply: What would you recommend i do with my 98 T56.