Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

WTB C5Z06 quickly

Old 02-17-2013, 01:52 AM
kyleatthebeach
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB C5Z06 quickly

There is a new law in Georgia starting March 1st that will require sales tax on private party automobile sales. I am looking to buy from an individual before then to avoid sales tax. I have been looking for a while, but this has caused me to be more aggressive. Like the title states I am looking for a 2001-2004 Z06. I will pay up to 20K and really would like to stay in the high teens. I am not concerned with mileage as long as price is in line. I will not pay 20K for a car with 150K miles, so please be fair with what you are asking. Color order of preference: Yellow, Blue, White, Black, Red, Silver(better be one heck of a deal for me to consider silver). Would prefer stock cars, but will entertain modified ones. I have cash or loan check on standby. My wife is a flight attendant, so I fly anywhere for free. I don't care if your in California as long as the price reflects me having to drive across country. On that note, I am located just south of Atlanta, GA.

After March 1st I will go back to being picky since it will not matter anymore.

Thank you,
Kyle Campbell
770*853*8189
Old 02-21-2013, 09:11 PM
kyleatthebeach
Heel & Toe

Thanks for all your feedback. It looks like I am going to close a deal for an 03 on Saturday, but if it falls through I will post here.

Thanks,
Kyle
Old 02-23-2013, 09:44 PM
kyleatthebeach
Heel & Toe

Well, deal fell through. I flew down to Sarasota, FL today and was impressed.....in a bad way. The car has obviously been hit hard and had a ton of paintwork. All kinds of gaps throughout the car, drip marks, orange peel paintwork, car pulled extremely hard to right and made abnormal/grinding noises. I also have a sneaking suspicion the odometer was messed with because the condition of the seats did not represent a car with 40K miles. If you see a black 03 for sale in Sarasota, FL you need to steer clear. I asked the guy numerous times over the phone what condition the car was in and he insisted mint. Definitely a wheeler dealer.

On that note, please do not lie to me about the condition of your car. If it has been hit or had paint work, I will find it. Lets not waste each others time.

Thanks,
Kyle
Old 02-24-2013, 01:14 AM
RallyBird
Advanced

Originally Posted by kyleatthebeach
Well, deal fell through. I flew down to Sarasota, FL today and was impressed.....in a bad way. The car has obviously been hit hard and had a ton of paintwork. All kinds of gaps throughout the car, drip marks, orange peel paintwork, car pulled extremely hard to right and made abnormal/grinding noises. I also have a sneaking suspicion the odometer was messed with because the condition of the seats did not represent a car with 40K miles. If you see a black 03 for sale in Sarasota, FL you need to steer clear. I asked the guy numerous times over the phone what condition the car was in and he insisted mint. Definitely a wheeler dealer.

On that note, please do not lie to me about the condition of your car. If it has been hit or had paint work, I will find it. Lets not waste each others time.

Thanks,
Kyle
Sorry to hear about that. I've never flown to see a car but I can't stand when I show up and a car is not as described. To bad you're not a fan of silver, you could have picked up my car on your visit to Florida
Old 02-25-2013, 10:40 AM
mittens
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 203 Posts

Sorry to hear about this. I normally have to travel to get what i am looking for when it comes to cars/truck/boats. and have been lucky not to run into this yet. But would greatly **** me off, having to buy a return ticket home cause of some lie.

As stated in the PM, just let me know if your intrested.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:39 AM
encore
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a sharp 03 z06 in Sarasots craigs list this morning for $19,500and the vin number is posted for a carfax check. Is this the one you saw?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:03 PM
kyleatthebeach
Heel & Toe

Yep, Google the vin. They have been trying to sell this thing since November a month after purchase and the pictures are very deceiving. The guy trying to sell it doesn't own the car, his friend with a body shop does. I am pretty sure they bought it wrecked and put it back together, but I could be wrong. They fed me all kinds of stories and it smelled fishy from the get go, but I didn't want to beleive it becasue I really wanted one. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Buyer beware.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:57 PM
mittens
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 203 Posts

this the one your talking about?

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/3640879380.html

is so Pics are deceiving, look pretty good in pics. Seats are a little more crinckeld then you would think for 40k though i agree.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:49 PM
GR8GAME
Racer

I'll send you a pm shortly on my stock, other than P1 procharger zo6 with 66K
Old 02-25-2013, 08:05 PM
collibr1
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sent you a PM
Old 02-26-2013, 11:44 AM
pluslt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kyleatthebeach

That stinks man, sorry to hear. Reminds me of a C3 I saw online that I thought about buying. Talked to the owner on the phone and was told the condition of the paint was a 7/10. Well I thought OK some scratches, nicks etc. Shoot.....I got there and one of the quarter panels was painted a different color. That to me is a 0/10 on paint. I was pretty ticked off to say the least.

It only takes one shoddy seller to sour you on the bunch. But have faith in your fellow enthusiasts here and you'll find something. I sold my last one to another member here sight unseen (well he saw pictures but not in person) and he couldn't be happier.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:12 PM
GR8GAME
Racer

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...un-smooth.html

Here you go.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:45 AM
pluslt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the best deal I've found around the east coast for a stocker.

'04Z, 18k miles, mod red interior, $21K. Doesn't get much better than that.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/3636275542.html
Old 03-01-2013, 11:30 AM
GR8GAME
Racer

That is a nice ride with low miles at a great price.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB C5Z06 quickly

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB C5Z06 quickly