Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS: Forged 383 Complete Motor, 0 Miles

Old 02-05-2013, 11:31 PM
VetteVet86
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: Forged 383 Complete Motor, 0 Miles

I invested over $12,000 in this motor to install in one of my 1986 Corvettes. My ZR-1 has all of my attention now and I don't know when or if either of my 86 Vettes will ever see the road again.

It is basically a 440 HP 480 ft-lb Lingenfelter build, with several key components upgraded from the Lingenfelter spec motor. All components are new with the exception of the block. Sale includes the following:

Seasoned GM one-piece rear seal roller block, bored 0.030" over, zero decked, new Clevite 77 cam and main bearings, billet 4340 splayed 4 bolt main caps installed and align bored/honed, ARP main studs, Melling oil pump, stock pan.

Callies forged 4340 crank, Manley H-beam rods, JE pistons, ATI Superdamper, TCI flexplate. Rotating/reciprocating assembly balanced.

Lingenfelter D-port cylinder heads with 2.00 Int/1.60 Exh valves, dual springs, titanium retainers, Comp Cams 1.6 SS roller rockers, poly-lock nuts, ARP head studs, hardened guide plates. Ports and combustion chambers CNC machined by Lingenfelter. 11.1:1 static compression ratio.

Lingenfelter SuperRam plenum, base and runners all ported/polished/port matched by Lingenfelter (with the heads). Bottom of plenum is SS studded with 12 point SS nuts to attach plenum to runners. EGR delete and cold start injector delete kits.

Lingenfelter billet 58mm throttle body with billet engraved Lingenfelter plate.

Lingenfelter 74219 cam, Crane roller lifters, custom length push rods, Cloyes Hex-adjust double roller timing set, Cloyes 2 piece billet timing cover, billet timing pointer,

Corvette TPI fuel rail, BBK adjustable fuel pressure regulator, F.A.S.T. 36# fuel injectors.

Billet small cap distributor, cap, coil, plug wires, coil and distributor harnesses.

Black valve covers w/ engraved "CHEVROLET" painted red, billet fuel pump blockoff plate.

All sensors to run speed/density.

Corvette water pump/pulley.

Stainless ARP fasteners throughout.

Block, oil pan, heads and intake professionally painted Competition Yellow. Runners, plenum, lid and throttle body unpainted. Fuel rails, all sensors and pulleys painted gloss black.

All that would be needed to install this engine would be a wiring harness, headers, ECM and accessories.

Engine is assembled, but has never been fired.

I'm sure that I'm forgetting some of the details. If you have any questions, please ask. As it is getting late, I will send out pictures within 24 hours.

Asking $6000.00 + actual shipping. Can accept PayPal if purchaser is willing to send as gift or add 3% if sent as funds for purchase of goods. Would prefer to sell complete, but would consider parting out if there is enough interest in the major components. Willing to consider offers. Will throw in a set of low (<1000) mile Hooker Super Comp 2151-1HKR ceramic coated headers to anyone purchasing the engine complete.

Thanks for looking,
Jep
Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 AM
VetteVet86
Instructor

Default Pictures Added

Willing to part it out, as I realize there may not be much interest in the entire engine. Let me know if there is anything you might want.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:52 AM
VetteVet86
Instructor

Default Let the part out begin!

Super Ram base, intake and runners are sold pending clearance of funds.

How about some offers on the remaining items so that I can get them out of here?

Jep
Old 02-10-2013, 11:32 AM
DinoBob
Melting Slicks

Received 361 Likes on 205 Posts

Shame it got broken up. What an engine.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:46 PM
VetteVet86
Instructor

Originally Posted by DinoBob
Shame it got broken up. What an engine.
Thanks! I would have loved to see someone buy it complete. Breaking it up just doesn't seem right.

Jep
Old 02-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Doughboy2k3
Pro

Default Damper

What is the model number of the damper? How much would you let it go for?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:27 PM
lozer
Instructor

how much for the heads?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 PM
VetteVet86
Instructor

Originally Posted by Doughboy2k3
What is the model number of the damper? How much would you let it go for?
Here's the JEG's link to the part:

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...rchTerm=917780

I would sell for $175.00 plus actual shipping.

I've got someone possibly interested in the whole package minus what's already been sold(plenum, runners and intake).

I'll post up if that falls through and put you first in line for the damper if you want it.

Jep
Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 PM
VetteVet86
Instructor

Originally Posted by lozer
how much for the heads?
I've had a bit of interest in the heads and you would be 4th in line.

Just so everyone knows, here is the info on the heads:

They are brand new 113 heads that were sold by Lingenfelter. Ligenfelter used new heads and CNC machined the combustion chambers, intake and exhaust ports. They installed SS valves, dual Comp Cams springs, titanium retainers, ARP studs and ARP hardened guide plates.

I paid LPE $1995.00 + $300.00 core.

I will take $1000.00 and will cover shipping to the lower 48.

I also have the pictured valve covers and Comp Cams Pro-Magnum 1.6:1 rockers that I'd include for an extra $250.00.

Thanks,
Jep
Old 02-12-2013, 03:42 AM
Dynamo6969
Advanced

great value, great quality, great seller... this is my c4 dream engine, (this is many c4 owners' dream engine) shame u need to part it out, best of luck with the sale. i hope one of you (us) has an engine like this for me to F with in the next few years. we all expect dyno numbers and/or HP pics! LETS GO
Old 02-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Doughboy2k3
Pro

Originally Posted by VetteVet86
Here's the JEG's link to the part:

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...rchTerm=917780

I would sell for $175.00 plus actual shipping.

I've got someone possibly interested in the whole package minus what's already been sold(plenum, runners and intake).

I'll post up if that falls through and put you first in line for the damper if you want it.

Jep
Thank you, let me know. The only part of my build that I think about when I turn the key is my run of the mill damper. Thanks Again.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:07 PM
VetteVet86
Instructor

The buyer possibly interested in everything that I had left has decided to purchase the heads, valve covers, rockers, injectors and damper, so those are spoken for pending clearance of funds.

I still have the following(see previous posts for descriptions):

short block + (block w/splayed 4-bolt mains, ARP head and main studs, crank, rods, pistons, cam, lifter, pushrods, timing set, timing cover, billet timing pointer, oil pump and pickup, oil pan, fuel pump blockoff plate, flex plate and starter), will take $3000.00 plus shipping.

headers, will take $300.00 plus shipping.

throttle body, TB plate, IAC, IAC housing and TPS, will take $300.00 plus shipping.

billet small cap distributor, cap, rotor, coil and distributor/coil harnesses, will take $100.00 plus shipping.

TPI fuel rails(painted gloss black and modified with AN supply and return fittings) and BBK adjustable regulator, will take $100.00 plus shipping.

steel solid motor mounts(can be seen in pictures), will take $100.00 plus shipping.

......ORRRRRRRR......I'm offering a one time good deal of $3500.00 plus shipping for everything listed above. I've got some other minor items like pulleys, sensors, etc. that I haven't bothered to list. I'll include everything that I have left to the buyer of the "$3500.00 for all that I have left special".

Originally Posted by Dynamo6969
great value, great quality, great seller... this is my c4 dream engine, (this is many c4 owners' dream engine) shame u need to part it out, best of luck with the sale. i hope one of you (us) has an engine like this for me to F with in the next few years. we all expect dyno numbers and/or HP pics! LETS GO
Thanks for the kind words. It was my dream engine too. Then I made the mistake of buying a ZR-1 and, to be honest, lost interest in everything but the LT5 engine.

Thanks,
Jep
Old 02-12-2013, 09:53 PM
nickpe
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default headers

The buyer possibly interested in everything that I had left has decided to purchase the heads, valve covers, rockers, injectors and damper, so those are spoken for pending clearance of funds.

I still have the following(see previous posts for descriptions):

short block + (block w/splayed 4-bolt mains, ARP head and main studs, crank, rods, pistons, cam, lifter, pushrods, timing set, timing cover, billet timing pointer, oil pump and pickup, oil pan, fuel pump blockoff plate, flex plate and starter), will take $3000.00 plus shipping.

headers, will take $300.00 plus shipping.

throttle body, TB plate, IAC, IAC housing and TPS, will take $300.00 plus shipping.

billet small cap distributor, cap, rotor, coil and distributor/coil harnesses, will take $100.00 plus shipping.

TPI fuel rails(painted gloss black and modified with AN supply and return fittings) and BBK adjustable regulator, will take $100.00 plus shipping.

steel solid motor mounts(can be seen in pictures), will take $100.00 plus shipping.

......ORRRRRRRR......I'm offering a one time good deal of $3500.00 plus shipping for everything listed above. I've got some other minor items like pulleys, sensors, etc. that I haven't bothered to list. I'll include everything that I have left to the buyer of the "$3500.00 for all that I have left special".

Thanks for the kind words. It was my dream engine too. Then I made the mistake of buying a ZR-1 and, to be honest, lost interest in everything but the LT5 engine.

Thanks,
Jep
pm sent on headers
Old 02-12-2013, 11:32 PM
VetteVet86
Instructor

Originally Posted by nickpe
pm sent on headers
PM replied.

Here's the info for anyone else interested:

They are Hooker Super Comp 2151-1HKR ceramic coated headers with less than 1000 miles. I installed them on the L98 that this engine was destined to replace. They were going to be transferred over to this engine during the swap.

Here's a link to the specs:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hok-2151-1hkr

Thanks,
Jep
Old 02-15-2013, 02:31 AM
VetteVet86
Instructor

Still parting this one out!
Old 02-19-2013, 02:34 AM
XILd86z51
5th Gear

Jep,

I have been looking for a place to start putting together a 383 for my 86 with manual trans. From what you last posted you had left, it looks like you can give me a good start at it. Wish I found you before it got parted out. I am new to forums so please let me know what to do from here.

Thank you - Jason
Old 02-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Snakecharmer383
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Wow what a steal at 6K, sad it got broken up! I got to this party to late

Get notified of new replies

To FS: Forged 383 Complete Motor, 0 Miles

Old 02-20-2013, 08:37 AM
BartonekDragRacing
Drifting

thats a steal of a deal for $3500 on whats left... hell, the shortblock alone is worth the $3k you're asking. One hell of a setup.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:59 PM
VetteVet86
Instructor

SnakeCharmer383 and BartonekDragRacing,

Thanks for the compliments. The funds have cleared and I've removed the plenum, runners, intake, distributor, heads, rockers, pushrods, injectors and balancer for shipping. All of that will go out tomorrow. I've got two people interested in all that I have left. Looks like I should have it all out of here soon.

I know that my pricing is very good for what I'm offering. I'm just surprised that this thread lingered around for a while before people started showing interest. Once I started breaking it up, interest really jumped. It breaks my heart to break this engine up. Someone would have gotten a real thumper if they had bought it complete. Hindsight is 20/20. I probably should have just held off until the right buyer came along and bought it complete. Now I've just got to start parting out my two 1986 cars so that I can concentrate on my 1991 ZR-1.

Jep
Old 03-02-2013, 09:21 PM
nickpe
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default do u have headers yet

PM replied.

Here's the info for anyone else interested:

They are Hooker Super Comp 2151-1HKR ceramic coated headers with less than 1000 miles. I installed them on the L98 that this engine was destined to replace. They were going to be transferred over to this engine during the swap.

Here's a link to the specs:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hok-2151-1hkr

Thanks,
Jep
r the headers sold ??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: Forged 383 Complete Motor, 0 Miles