Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 and C6 issue

Old 02-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Achmed
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Default C7 and C6 issue

I saved a bunch of the C7 photos on my hard drive in various colours and angles, and browse through them sometimes to help decide which colour and package I should get.

Just now out of curiosity I went through my old C6 folder with pics of different C6's in various colours and angles and thought - wow the C6 is starting to look dated already. It doesn't look old but just not that great anymore.

What do you guys think?
Old 02-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,066 Likes on 6,168 Posts

I've already stated in several threads that I thought the C7 has made the C6 look dated (and I own a C6). I have my deposit down with a forum dealer to order my C7 when GM starts taking orders. I'll be selling my C6.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:01 PM
millpond
Melting Slicks

Received 379 Likes on 197 Posts

The C6 does look dated compared to the C7, but is still good looking.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:04 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by millpond
The C6 does look dated compared to the C7, but is still good looking.
It is still good-looking, but mostly on the outside. I'm most looking forward to the C7's much improved interior.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:11 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,830 Likes on 659 Posts

Hasn't this topic been beaten to death in a million other threads already? It's being posted in the C7 section so naturally most people here are going to say the C6 looks dated. Post the same topic in the C6 section and most there will say it still looks a lot better than the C7.

Personally, I don't own a C6 so I have no horse in this race, but I don't think the Z06/ZR1/GS widebody versions look dated at all. I've never been a big fan of the base car so I'm not going to say it still looks great, but I honestly think the widebody C6 is a better looking design than what I've seen of the C7 so far and it's mainly due to the horrendous rear end.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Always needing the latest and greatest is a fruitless endeavor.

I will enjoy the C6 just as much as before the introduction of the C7.

At leas till my harmonic balancer takes a wobble for the worse.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:19 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Oh please.The C6 looks no more dated then last years Ferrari.I would even venture to say It's better looking in many ways.The C7,with all it's sharp angles will be dated much quicker then it's older brother.I like all Vettes so I'm not bashing the C7 here,but please,it's not the be all and end all in the looks department.It's borderline ugly.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:30 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 815 Likes on 384 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Funny. a negative comment on the C6 that has been stated before and the post goes on.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Achmed
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by BMadden
Hasn't this topic been beaten to death in a million other threads already? It's being posted in the C7 section so naturally most people here are going to say the C6 looks dated. Post the same topic in the C6 section and most there will say it still looks a lot better than the C7.Personally, I don't own a C6 so I have no horse in this race, but I don't think the Z06/ZR1/GS widebody versions look dated at all. I've never been a big fan of the base car so I'm not going to say it still looks great, but I honestly think the widebody C6 is a better looking design than what I've seen of the C7 so far and it's mainly due to the horrendous rear end.
The difference is, posters on the C6 forum own a C6. Posters on the C7 forum do not own a C7 since it's not yet for sale. Therefore, the C7 forum is not biased like the C6 forum. And since the majority of posters on the unbiased form agree the C6 is looking at least a bit dated - conclusion is that I am correct
Old 02-08-2013, 02:53 PM
jaztec68
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dated! How do you think I feel with my ancient C5Z06? I bought it last year,because I was tired of waiting for the C7. C6 was out of the question since I thought the C5Z06 was a better looking car Yes I can afford either car, but it looks like I will be adding the C7 after the bugs are worked out. No flames Guy's cause I would take a C6Z06 if the damn C7 did'nt look so awesome in that cyber gray with aftermarket rims
Old 02-08-2013, 02:54 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,830 Likes on 659 Posts

I don't believe for one second that the C7 forum is unbiased. I would say the majority of people posting here are doing so because they like the C7 and/or will be buying one. Those individuals are completely biased in favor of the C7 and therefore your conclusion is far from correct.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:00 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Achmed
I saved a bunch of the C7 photos on my hard drive in various colours and angles, and browse through them sometimes to help decide which colour and package I should get.

Just now out of curiosity I went through my old C6 folder with pics of different C6's in various colours and angles and thought - wow the C6 is starting to look dated already. It doesn't look old but just not that great anymore.

What do you guys think?
it looks dated beside the new car, and when the new ones come out, it will prbably fall further in value. But over the years its value will come back up to a certain extent. But im thinking that the true collectible will be the zr1. It was vastly superior to the zo6. But I think for the short term even the zr1 will drop further in value to its present asking prices.

Last edited by alanhang; 02-08-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:03 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

What do you guys think?
it looks dated beside the new car, and when the new ones come out, it will prbably fall further in value. But over the years its value will come back up to a certain extent. But im thinking that the true collectible will on be the zr1. It was vastly superior to the zo6. But I think for the short term even the zr1 will drop further in value to its present asking prices after the new one is out.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:06 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

However I think dated is a relative term. Yes, the ferrari 360 modena looks dated compared to the 458 italia. the Modena is all rounded and smooth. The 458 and the f12 are much edgier like the c7. But, and this is a big but. When I see a modena in traffic, it still looks damn good, like the c5 and c6 in all their forms. I always look at them as they go by. Doesnt everyone here?

Last edited by alanhang; 02-08-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:09 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by alanhang
However I think dated is a relative term. Yes, the ferrari 360 modena looks dated compared to the 458 italia. the Modena is all rounded and smooth. The 458 and the f12 are much edgier like the c7. But, and this is a big but. When I see a modena in traffic, it still looks damn good, like the c5 and c6 in all their forms. I always look at them. Doesnt everyone here?
here is the "dated" and rounded ferrari 360 in my favorite color of ice blue. So dated, and I love it to this day. Looks great like the c6 is great also.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I was dated until I got married. I was young so I wasn't upset about that. Now I am over 60 I am back to being dated. However I have never met a Corvette that I would consider dated. The only thing that has less value as it gets older is humans. Heck even Corvette thinks that.
But the beauty of the c1's, the really sharp C2's, the snarky Sharks c3's , just starting to be appreciated C4. C5's will always be historic for their unique engineering. C6's brought 505 HP light weight Z06, super charged super cars, and the amazing wide body GS. None of those cars are dated just different then the C7. But what do I know I am to old to be rational.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:56 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

What do you guys think?
You said the C6 looks dated (old) but that it doesn't look "old" just not great. I'm confused. Does the C6 just not look good anymore because a car (a relatively static object) can go from looking good to bad as it ages? Or did it never really look good and the C7 makes that clear now?

Get notified of new replies

To C7 and C6 issue

Old 02-08-2013, 03:58 PM
HollywoodC7
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

What do you guys think?
bingo bingo you and i are doing the same thing i totally agree
Old 02-08-2013, 04:02 PM
NW94Z
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by alanhang
it looks dated beside the new car, and when the new ones come out, it will prbably fall further in value. But over the years its value will come back up to a certain extent. But im thinking that the true collectible will be the zr1. It was vastly superior to the zo6. But I think for the short term even the zr1 will drop further in value to its present asking prices.
That is some funny ****.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:11 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

The C7 makes the C6 look dated, just as much as the C6 made the C5 look dated.

This should not be a shock to anyone. If the new generation did not make the last generation look dated, then GM would be in big trouble.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 and C6 issue