C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any way for Joe Q. Public to talk to Tadge ???

Old 02-07-2013, 04:37 AM
Stew24
Pro

Received 169 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Any way for Joe Q. Public to talk to Tadge ???

This is really frustrating for me. It seems the only people that get to talk or ask questions to Tadge or Ed Welburn is " Matt Lauer", or "Jay Leno", or "Csaba Csere", or some other journalist. None of these people will ever ask the tough questions to these guys.

I'd love a chance to get a one on one with these guys. I'd be respectful, but I wouldn't mince words or bite my tongue. I've brought the coal to the feet of a few politicians before when no one else would.
If given the chance, I'd ask: ....

* Hey guys, you've gotten 90% of the C7 correct, but little trim decisions have brought that opinion number down to about 60%. Surely you must know this?

* Gentlemen, with the intricate design of the tail lights put aside, the back end of the car is still incredibly busy! Overwhelming concensus is there's just too much crammed into such a small area. (Black-out paint, vents & more vents, oversized emblems, closely placed lettering, cuts and creases, ... gosh! Did the designers really not see this???

* Do you guys depend on focus groups a little too much perhaps? Do you really think this select group of invitees represent what the public really feels? Have you or would you be open to trying other non traditional means of gauging the public sentiment?

Last edited by Stew24; 02-07-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:47 AM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think your only shot would be at the bash and with that doubt it would be in a public forum.It is a weekend event and maybe you would be a able to corner him on the side. Good luck with that!!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:58 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

I think the best way to make your point is to not buy a C7. Maybe a another car is more to your liking. That'll get their attention, if that's all your after.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:11 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,243 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
I think the best way to make your point is to not buy a C7. Maybe a another car is more to your liking. That'll get their attention, if that's all your after.

At the end of the day, its all about sales. The first few years of sales figures will prove if they got it right or not.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,152 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by Stew24
This is really frustrating for me. It seems the only people that get to talk or ask questions to Tadge or Ed Welburn is " Matt Lauer", or "Jay Leno", or "Csaba Csere", or some other journalist. None of these people will ever ask the tough questions to these guys.

I'd love a chance to get a one on one with these guys. I'd be respectful, but I wouldn't mince words or bite my tongue. I've brought the coal to the feet of a few politicians before when no one else would.

* Hey guys, you've gotten 90% of the C7 correct, but little trim decisions have brought that opinion number down to about 60%. Surely you must know this?

* Gentlemen, with the intricate design of the tail lights put aside, the back end of the car is still incredibly busy! Overwhelming concensus is there's just too much crammed into such a small area. (Black-out paint, vents & more vents, oversized emblems, closely placed lettering, cuts and creases, ... gosh! Did the designers really not see this???

* Do you guys depend on focus groups a little too much perhaps? Do you really think this select group of invitees represent what the public really feels? Have you or would you be open to trying other non traditional means of gauging the public sentiment?
I think your percentages are way off. I'm one who thinks they are absolutely spot on with everything they have done. I also believe the designers know far more what needs to be done to get new people into the Corvette fold as well as some who had left. I for one bought a couple of Vettes in my youth than changed over to Ferrari's. I would come back now. I waffled on the C6 ZR1 as I really was impressed with the overall platform but when I saw the Jalopnik leak on Thanksgiving day of 2011 I knew that was it. I could see it when most were blind to it. I have a design background and it just amazes me what some of the naysayers are whining about. I truly think the C6 is a beautiful car and it certainly is a stud, but maybe some of you should wait to see it in person before you bring somebodies feet to the fire.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 AM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these are tough questions?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:13 AM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by alanhang
these are tough questions?
the car is stunning in every way. Im buying one, as are a lot of other people who have seen it in the flesh. Your topics have been rehashed over and over by a small minority i believe, I also think the car is going to sell like it hasnt sold in years. I think a lot of people are going to say, damn it I want this car. I think its thats good. Yes color will make a difference here. But when I see the car beside the f12 berlinetta, and 599,and it looks like it belongs, then my question would be to myself, " what more could I want?"
Old 02-07-2013, 07:18 AM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

I like what they did as well. They'll never build a car that everyone likes.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:52 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
I think your percentages are way off. I'm one who thinks they are absolutely spot on with everything they have done. I also believe the designers know far more what needs to be done to get new people into the Corvette fold as well as some who had left. I for one bought a couple of Vettes in my youth than changed over to Ferrari's. I would come back now. I waffled on the C6 ZR1 as I really was impressed with the overall platform but when I saw the Jalopnik leak on Thanksgiving day of 2011 I knew that was it. I could see it when most were blind to it. I have a design background and it just amazes me what some of the naysayers are whining about. I truly think the C6 is a beautiful car and it certainly is a stud, but maybe some of you should wait to see it in person before you bring somebodies feet to the fire.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:03 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Try contacting him directly by joining Linkedin in the below to set up a possible conversation with him.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/tadge-ju...59b?_mSplash=1
Old 02-07-2013, 08:05 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Yep....buy Corvette Corral tickets for Sebring..drive down here for the race....we talk to Tadge every year along with Harlan Charles. Tom Wallace was there 2 years ago. Will Cooksey shows up every year as well even though he is retired he loves the race at Sebring.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

It's amazing how people seem to think that their own personal opinion is somehow fact, and it somehow carries more weight than those of the focus groups with whom GM worked when designing the C7.
If you don't like the car, don't buy it. I'm betting Corvette will see an increase in sales over the next few years as they attract buyers who previously would not have considered one.
S.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:32 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 816 Likes on 385 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

I cannot say he will be attending any of the Corvette Corrals this year, but he was at Sebring last year in to corral and was a speaker. At the end he took any and all question from those in the tent. So yes there is a chances. You may contact the NCM and see if they know who will be at the different corrals this year and also check to see what speakers they have lined up for the different events at the museum. Other then that, I don't think you have much of a chance of going one on one.

Now all those that don't want to hear anything negative, this is not meant to be, just a point that if you do ask him or any other design engineer, you may not get the 100% true answer. At Sebring last year (March 2012) during the question and answer session, someone asked if the C7 was going to have the Camaro tail lights. Tadge stood there and said "No it will not have Camaro tail lights". Now in my opinion he did not lie, as we all know they are not Camaro tail lights.

Last edited by BWF07; 02-07-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 AM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

I WOULD SAY THAT IS COMPLETE hogwash RESPECTFULLY.....THEY NAILED IT
Old 02-07-2013, 08:54 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
It's amazing how people seem to think that their own personal opinion is somehow fact, and it somehow carries more weight than those of the focus groups with whom GM worked when designing the C7.
If you don't like the car, don't buy it. I'm betting Corvette will see an increase in sales over the next few years as they attract buyers who previously would not have considered one.
S.
I agree. What the OP is talking about are highly subjective opinions that have nothing to do with the function of the car - he just doesn't like the looks of it. Until the car goes on sale and we see how it sells there is no right or wrong answer.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:58 AM
gorilla1969
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by alanhang
the car is stunning in every way. Im buying one, as are a lot of other people who have seen it in the flesh. Your topics have been rehashed over and over by a small minority i believe, I also think the car is going to sell like it hasnt sold in years. I think a lot of people are going to say, damn it I want this car. I think its thats good. Yes color will make a difference here. But when I see the car beside the f12 berlinetta, and 599,and it looks like it belongs, then my question would be to myself, " what more could I want?"

I made a special trip to Detroit to see the C7 in the flesh. I haven't seen a C7 picture yet that looks a good as the car does in person. It's a jaw-dropper. It wouldn't look out of place parked next to cars costing 2 or 3 times as much.
IMHO, many of the negative feelings about the C7s appearance will diminish as more and more people see the actual car on the street.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:01 AM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by gorilla1969

I made a special trip to Detroit to see the C7 in the flesh. I haven't seen a C7 picture yet that looks a good as the car does in person. It's a jaw-dropper. It wouldn't look out of place parked next to cars costing 2 or 3 times as much.
IMHO, many of the negative feelings about the C7s appearance will diminish as more and more people see the actual car on the street.
yes, thats what I think also.

Get notified of new replies

To Any way for Joe Q. Public to talk to Tadge ???

Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Formula52
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 97 Posts

He will probally be at Corvette of Carlisle at the end of August. You can talk to him there....
Old 02-07-2013, 10:20 AM
jd_black_00
Melting Slicks

Received 470 Likes on 145 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12, '14

Those are not "tough questions", they are personal styling gripes. Tadge would laugh at you
Old 02-07-2013, 10:22 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by BWF07
I cannot say he will be attending any of the Corvette Corrals this year, but he was at Sebring last year in to corral and was a speaker. At the end he took any and all question from those in the tent. So yes there is a chances. You may contact the NCM and see if they know who will be at the different corrals this year and also check to see what speakers they have lined up for the different events at the museum. Other then that, I don't think you have much of a chance of going one on one.

Now all those that don't want to hear anything negative, this is not meant to be, just a point that if you do ask him or any other design engineer, you may not get the 100% true answer. At Sebring last year (March 2012) during the question and answer session, someone asked if the C7 was going to have the Camaro tail lights. Tadge stood there and said "No it will not have Camaro tail lights". Now in my opinion he did not lie, as we all know they are not Camaro tail lights.

well they made the last few so I suspect with the new car they will be out in force again......see ya in March

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any way for Joe Q. Public to talk to Tadge ???