C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You choose my next mod!

Old 02-06-2013, 07:46 PM
vig1116
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default You choose my next mod!

Ok, in the mood to buy more stuff. I'm not going crazy, just $3-400. I'm thinking of getting DSvette's auto shift **** and boot, and ebrake handle and boot. All in ebony with red stitching to compliment my corvettemods console cover in ebony with red stitching. Im not a big fan of the red interior thats why just a little red stitching subtlely placed is nice to me... If i do that then next month i am going with a cow booster with autoscan so i can remove if i need to. My other option was a corsa cat back instead of the cow and leather goods. I already have the diy exhaust mod so i think putting more than i want to spend right now is out....

So, start rattling off what your thoughts are that i should get, i'll say if i have it already or if i'm not interested.... Any ideas??? or should i just go with my first options?

Last edited by vig1116; 02-06-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:03 PM
turbo2001
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vig1116
Ok, in the mood to buy more stuff. I'm not going crazy, just $3-400. I'm thinking of getting DSvette's auto shift **** and boot, and ebrake handle and boot. All in ebony with red stitching to compliment my corvettemods console cover in ebony with red stitching. Im not a big fan of the red interior thats why just a little red stitching subtlely placed is nice to me... If i do that then next month i am going with a cow booster with autoscan so i can remove if i need to. My other option was a corsa cat back instead of the cow and leather goods. I already have the diy exhaust mod so i think putting more than i want to spend right now is out....

So, start rattling off what your thoughts are that i should get, i'll say if i have it already or if i'm not interested.... Any ideas??? or should i just go with my first options?
dont know if you have a auto or man trans, but an mgw shifter is nice upgrade
Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 PM
vig1116
Drifting

i got the A6 so the wife could drive it, i would love the MGW... It's ironic that she doesn't want anything to do with the vette...
Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got an '09 Coupe with the two tone ebony and black interior. Some of the most rewarding of the sixty plus mods I've done to it were the two-tone leather center console, dual arm rests, shift boot, and brake boot. Go for it!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:44 PM
vig1116
Drifting

Now you've really confused me. I thought ebony was black, so how is ebony and black two toned? Did you get dsvettes products, or another??
Old 02-06-2013, 08:54 PM
TerryT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a nice mod....
Old 02-06-2013, 08:55 PM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

id never let a bunch of guys ive never met, especially from a website determine what im goin to do with my money.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:01 PM
vig1116
Drifting

Originally Posted by oldstyleGS
id never let a bunch of guys ive never met, especially from a website determine what im goin to do with my money.
I'm only going to do something if I want it too, not just cause someone on here says so... . I'm really leaning towards the dsvettes leather, I'm just having a hard time justifying $400 on pretty much the same pieces I have only with red stitching.... I was going to try to just stitch red into my pieces myself but for the shifter and ebrake handle it is too difficult because it is glued on...
Old 02-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

Hes just looking for suggestions - stupid.

I say...hmmm you save up and buy a supercharger.

Or these:

http://eapsisusa.com/cart/index.php?...oducts_id=1463

http://www.topflightrepro.com/corvet...-grilles.shtml

http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/p...-hardware-ls3/

Last edited by Cor430vette; 02-06-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:32 PM
vig1116
Drifting

No supercharger in my future, I don't race and money IS a factor lol. I have the gm splash guards and race mesh grilles, love them! Catch can, eh, don't need it. I love the apsis stuff though on their site, but way out of my league...
Old 02-06-2013, 09:35 PM
KBow_Photo
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Cor430vette
dont get your panties in a bunch
Old 02-06-2013, 09:44 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,209 Likes on 821 Posts

I have all of those but the auto scan...The leather products are nice I bought them a year ago 2011 black Friday deal where you bought **** and boot and got the handle and boot for a buck or something like that I waited a year to put them on because it was like "meh' when they arrived...Defiantly not worth it even at those prices and I did put them on this past good Friday.. They are nice and smell good and nice leather but don't actually"look" that much better than our pleather..

Get the booster and the corsa and you'll be a lot more happy for a lot longer...both of those together make a sweet sound and experience every time you fire her up...With the scanning tool you should be able to do those two mods for 2 grand or so...
Old 02-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Cor430vette
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts

dont get your panties in a bunch

Let me ask you a question. Why would you jump on his post and say this...

"id never let a bunch of guys ive never met, especially from a website determine what im goin to do with my money. "

It's condesending, ignorant comments like this with no content, no thought and no desire to help someone that irritates me.

Sorry OP.....I just had to make a comment to the internet bully...

Last edited by Cor430vette; 02-06-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:13 PM
vig1116
Drifting

**** hawk, I definitely didn't want that to be true... I had a feeling though that it wouldn't make much of a difference being its still black with just red stitch.... Can you post some pics of yours??

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
I have all of those but the auto scan...The leather products are nice I bought them a year ago 2011 black Friday deal where you bought **** and boot and got the handle and boot for a buck or something like that I waited a year to put them on because it was like "meh' when they arrived...Defiantly not worth it even at those prices and I did put them on this past good Friday.. They are nice and smell good and nice leather but don't actually"look" that much better than our pleather..

Get the booster and the corsa and you'll be a lot more happy for a lot longer...both of those together make a sweet sound and experience every time you fire her up...With the scanning tool you should be able to do those two mods for 2 grand or so...
Old 02-06-2013, 10:37 PM
vig1116
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cor430vette
Sorry OP.....I just had to make a comment to the internet bully...
Doesn't bother me at all. Hawks response is exactly why I post these casual threads. I'm on the fence and if someone's real world experience can save me $400 I'm in for whatever anyone has to say... Any responses to them are others choice....
Old 02-06-2013, 10:54 PM
keith954
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06, '13

I'd definitely get the DSV arm rest, it's super comfortable. Also whatever else you can afford to get from them.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I lean more towards performance enhancing modifications instead of the oranmental stuff but that's just me. Do what you want with your car!

Get notified of new replies

To You choose my next mod!

Old 02-06-2013, 11:20 PM
vig1116
Drifting

Keith, I already have the armrest/console from corvette mods, black with red stitching. You think the other items from dsvettes are worth it?? I'm talking about the auto shifter and boot and the ebrake handle and boot....
Old 02-06-2013, 11:30 PM
berk4422
Drifting

Received 100 Likes on 50 Posts

GET A BASELINE DYNO!!!!
Trust me, you will wind up putting more performance mods in that car than you think. This forum plants evil seeds of horsepower thoughts.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:36 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Glow plate:
http://thedoubleaa.com/cart/index.ph...roducts_id=199

DSVettes Products: (contact me if you want to do a bulk purchase for a better price)
http://thedoubleaa.com/cart/index.ph...ndex&cPath=7_1

Ambient lighting:
http://thedoubleaa.com/cart/index.ph...roducts_id=101

illuminated Door sills:
http://thedoubleaa.com/cart/index.ph...roducts_id=105

Painted products: hoodliner
http://thedoubleaa.com/cart/index.ph...products_id=81

Fuel rail covers:
http://thedoubleaa.com/cart/index.ph...products_id=80

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: You choose my next mod!