C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First class interior? Why so much BLACK?

Old 02-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Default First class interior? Why so much BLACK?

Go back into the history of Corvette and look at interiors. When you bought red you got red. Dash panel, door panels and console . I hate Porsche but I love their interiors. Look at the new Malibu much more color. If you buy a Black C7 with a red interior the only color you see from the outside is the seats. You have to open the door to see color on door panels . Why doesn't the color go all the way to the windows?
Is it just me? Maybe I need to change?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:26 AM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
Go back into the history of Corvette and look at interiors. When you bought red you got red. Dash panel, door panels and console . I hate Porsche but I love their interiors. Look at the new Malibu much more color. If you buy a Black C7 with a red interior the only color you see from the outside is the seats. You have to open the door to see color on door panels . Why doesn't the color go all the way to the windows?
I believe that there are pics of that tan interior with the cyber grey car that show the interior two ways. One way shows the tan seats with the all black dash, the other way, shows that the dash all over is the same color tan as the seats. Im not sure which I like better. Take a look, see which you think is nicer?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by alanhang
I believe that there are pics of that tan interior with the cyber grey car that show the interior two ways. One way shows the tan seats with the all black dash, the other way, shows that the dash all over is the same color tan as the seats. Im not sure which I like better. Take a look, see which you think is nicer?
Neither...they both look patchy. I think that looking on line at the best interior of the new Malibu is much nicer. But it is only opinion.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Rapid Fred
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,314 Likes on 754 Posts

Neither...they both look patchy. I think that looking on line at the best interior of the new Malibu is much nicer. But it is only opinion.
Funny how personal taste is. I sat in one of those new Malibus a few weeks back and thought it was a garish mismash. They had the more monochromatic one there also and I liked it much better.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:07 AM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

I hate black interiors, boring, funeral looking, cheap as if the owners couldn't opt for a little excitement. But I think just adding a little color is just a statement of being too timid to go all out. Same goes for all the grays, mid range boring colors, again to afraid to make the statement and playing it safe.

But then again not everyone is like me and want to have a shout it loud look at this interior. But that's what it takes to stand out in a crowd of boring interiors at shows.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:42 AM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

You use a basic color theme to keep cost down, thus you can add more tech. Kebeck has photos of all the interior themes on their web site under C7 pictures, I am guessing that the 1,2,3 lt trims are shown, full color treatment for 3lt and less color on each trim below. I think that the full color looks much better than the 4lt upgrade, basic grey or black which did nothing to up the interior theme to world class, just showed that GM had no clue what was in their customer's wishes for quality. (ZR1 at 125,000 bucks with lt1 type trim, not to cool, whaaa!)
Old 02-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rcooper
You use a basic color theme to keep cost down, thus you can add more tech. Kebeck has photos of all the interior themes on their web site under C7 pictures, I am guessing that the 1,2,3 lt trims are shown, full color treatment for 3lt and less color on each trim below. I think that the full color looks much better than the 4lt upgrade, basic grey or black which did nothing to up the interior theme to world class, just showed that GM had no clue what was in their customer's wishes for quality. (ZR1 at 125,000 bucks with lt1 type trim, not to cool, whaaa!)
I am not looking for people who agree with me as the only replies I just need support
Old 02-03-2013, 10:56 AM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

No, you cannot have round tail lights! Lol
Old 02-03-2013, 11:02 AM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

I prefer more 'color' also. My '76 with light saddle interior and '84 with the same had much more of the specified interior color as a part of the overall look. My '05, which I ordered black/red interior before I ever saw any pics has red seats, console lid, and partial door panels-that's it. I expected additional dash trim or carpet to be red as well. Unfortunately this carries through many other lines/manufacturers as well; both lack of color choices and minimal color even when other than black (ebony) is selected. I see Cadillac is finally offering a red on the new ATS but still only the black/tan/gray on the CTS.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd rather have too much, than too little. Besides Audi probably has the best interior in the business. And they are setting the industry trend on interiors.. and this "pop" of colour is exactly what they do. Choosing gray for example.. means your interior is mostly black.. but all leather surfaces you touch (seats, dash, door inserts, door handles) will be gray.

About the only manufacture I know how does a complete monocolour interior and makes it look awesome is Porsche on their newest cars.

Last edited by Daekwan06; 02-03-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:33 AM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys want all this tech. Tech breaks, rendering the car useless after can't stick
gm with the warranty charge. Old corvettes might because more desirable because
poorer owner could keep one running
Old 02-03-2013, 11:35 AM
texvette2
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
I'd rather have too much, than too little. Besides Audi probably has the best interior in the business. And they are setting the industry trend on interiors.. and this "pop" of colour is exactly what they do. Choosing gray for example.. means your interior is mostly black.. but all leather surfaces you touch (seats, dash, door inserts, door handles) will be silver.

About the only manufacture I know how does a complete monocolour interior and makes it look awesome is Porsche on their newest cars.

does not look as chopped up
like the vette, vette = 2 people working on the interior, got to center found both going
in two directions
Old 02-03-2013, 11:43 AM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

In the photos that I have seen of the C7 interiors so far, it appears all the interior colors are a lot darker. I will need to eyeball the real thing in the future. Also, I have not seen any 2 Tone interior seats. If the colors are as dark as the photos I have seen, maybe, there wont be any 2 Tone seats... I sure hope that there will be 2 Tones as my last 2 Corvettes have had 2 Tones...
Old 02-03-2013, 11:53 AM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

I'd rather have too much, than too little. Besides Audi probably has the best interior in the business. And they are setting the industry trend on interiors.. and this "pop" of colour is exactly what they do. Choosing gray for example.. means your interior is mostly black.. but all leather surfaces you touch (seats, dash, door inserts, door handles) will be gray.

To me that looks disgusting but it should be an option for those that like and want it that color.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

I think the black parts cheapen the look of the interior when used as a contrast to another color.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:13 PM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

That solid red interior looks good. I think solid color interiors look good instead of being so chopped up with different colors.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Pruettfan
Racer

To me having some black in there is nice to break up the other color. To totally red interior is not attractive to me. I suspect the reason has more to do with economics than purely design taste though. All of those black pieces can go in any car where the red can only go in red cars which increases the parts count that have to be stocked therefore costs. I really like the interior, it is a major upgrade. I will have to sit in it to determine if it is first class though. I have yet to find a seat better than the one in my BMW in an American car. I hope this is the exception.

Get notified of new replies

To First class interior? Why so much BLACK?

Old 02-03-2013, 12:53 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

gorgeous looking interior.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

I am still happy with my 2010 4LT interior in titanium/black, and would like something similar in my future C7, this picture is an official GM one, I could not get my personal images to look half as good as theirs!

Old 02-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Torch Z
Funny how personal taste is. I sat in one of those new Malibus a few weeks back and thought it was a garish mismash. They had the more monochromatic one there also and I liked it much better.
That is a good way to describe the C7 interior IMHO. A garish mish-mash. The above PIC of a nicely equipped
C6 I really think is nicer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First class interior? Why so much BLACK?