C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

12 Hours of Sebring 2013

Old 11-21-2012, 12:22 PM
TCKT B8
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 & '11

Default 12 Hours of Sebring 2013

Has anyone gone to Sebring for the 12 hour race? What goes on in the Corvette Coral? I'm trying to decide if I should purchase a Corvette Coral ticket or a general admission ticket.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 PM
wwwFLA
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I usually go every year. The corral is open to everyone. The paying for the parking also includes a lunch and a parade lap. If you want to take a lap or two around the circuit it may be worth it to you.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:11 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 816 Likes on 385 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Actually the corral is not open to everyone at Sebring. You must have the pass on your car as well as the credentials to set in. They do have people at the tent that check. I go to the corral and it is well worth the extra money. Not only do they feed you, but there is close circuit TV of the race so you don't have to be out a long the track all the time. The tent is great for getting out of the sun and even though it is early March, in Florida it can get hot.
Next good thing about the Corral pass, is you don't have to get in line hours before the drives autograph session, because that come to the corral to sign what ever you have or you can simply take the posters available at the tent and they sign them.
So if you are going I highly recommend the corral pass. I'll be there again next year as it is the last official ALMS race to be held there.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:57 AM
NVR2L8
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by BWF07
Actually the corral is not open to everyone at Sebring. You must have the pass on your car as well as the credentials to set in. They do have people at the tent that check. I go to the corral and it is well worth the extra money. Not only do they feed you, but there is close circuit TV of the race so you don't have to be out a long the track all the time. The tent is great for getting out of the sun and even though it is early March, in Florida it can get hot.
Next good thing about the Corral pass, is you don't have to get in line hours before the drives autograph session, because that come to the corral to sign what ever you have or you can simply take the posters available at the tent and they sign them.
So if you are going I highly recommend the corral pass. I'll be there again next year as it is the last official ALMS race to be held there.
Where is the best place to buy Corral tickets? The Sebring web site? The NCM? The local Corvette Club? Which one? Also, is there a pass for people who are just spectators? I will be flying down with my son, and do not need a parking pass.

Thanks.

Last edited by NVR2L8; 01-24-2013 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:03 AM
lavla
Drifting

Received 386 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by NVR2L8
Where is the best place to buy Corral tickets? The Sebring web site? The NCM? The local Corvette Club? Which one? Also, is there a pass for people who are just spectators? I will be flying down with my son, and do not need a parking pass.

Thanks.
Go the the Sebring Raceway website (www.sebringraceway.com) and order the tickets from there. It's always a great time and the weather is always great. If you buy the Corvette Corral tickets and have your Corvette there on Thursday, they allow all the Vettes in the Corral to drive two laps of the track at 7pm. Great stuff!

Last edited by lavla; 01-24-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:25 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

I was going to go, but waited to late to book a hotel and i really dont feel like driving up and back and staying the whole day. Makes for a longgggg day. The Corral is great as mentioned above. If you didnt already book a hotel you are SOL. They are all sold out, unless someone knows of any I missed please let me know.
Best place to get the passes is the website above.
David
Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

we will be back....all 4 days this year..taking 2 Vettes and a n00b from Oz ...the corral is worth it for the parking alone....lunch is "meh" passed on it the last few times as it showed up early sat out in the heat for awhile and I am not up for eating a soggy warm sandwich....not a fan of the free lunch...they do have hot coffee and breakfast stuff however if you get there early which is nice as it is usually chilly in the morning besides we need some coffee before we start all day....

as mentioned driver autographs are a plus and being able to get out of the weather (hot, rain, etc is nice as well with the tent...
Old 01-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Purerock105
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter99
we will be back....all 4 days this year..taking 2 Vettes and a n00b from Oz ..
I'm starting to question the company y'all keep.

I'm going again this year too. Austin is going, just Saturday tho.

I agree with most that the corral price is indeed pricey, but you still cant beat it just for the proximity and security of your car, let alone the perks inside and out of the GM tent.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:25 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by Purerock105
I'm starting to question the company y'all keep.

I'm going again this year too. Austin is going, just Saturday tho.

I agree with most that the corral price is indeed pricey, but you still cant beat it just for the proximity and security of your car, let alone the perks inside and out of the GM tent.
I hear ya on the company...not only do we hang out with some questionable ice cream eatin sleazeball trucker we have a foreigner coming along....thankfully you will blend in with the rest of the riff raff
Old 01-27-2013, 12:45 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
I was going to go, but waited to late to book a hotel and i really dont feel like driving up and back and staying the whole day. Makes for a longgggg day. The Corral is great as mentioned above. If you didnt already book a hotel you are SOL. They are all sold out, unless someone knows of any I missed please let me know.
David
Try the Omni Champions Gate just west of Lake Buena Vista, it's about a 45 minute drive from Sebring, very nice property, stayed there several times. We're staying at the Ritz Carlton Bonnet Creek just east of there, equally nice property if you don't mind the drive.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:53 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NVR2L8

Thanks.
I don't believe they sell spectator only corral tix, it's inclusive of parking for your Vette, plus it includes admission, secure area and hospitality tent with coffee and soft drinks all day, plus a light breakfast and catered lunch daily. They usually display the latest in new Vettes (think C7?), and the Corvette brass are always around and willing to talk Vettes. Frequent visits by the race team drivers and staff like Ron fellows and Doug Fehan, lots of give-aways and info available, as well as closed circuit TV in the tent. Go on the Sebring website, but don't wait long, as the Corral sold out last year. ^th year in a row for me, hope to see you there.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:15 PM
evan26
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2013 will be my third visit to the Sebring Corvette Corral, and it's definitely worth the money. Does anyone know if the 7pm Thursday parade lap time has been confirmed? I already have my tickets and car pass in hand, but there was no schedule to accompany them. Any insight would be appreciated.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:00 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

My sons and I attended Sebring in '06, and flying from MN obviously did not have a 'Vette in the Corral. We were not permitted in and no option to buy a spectator pass either. Unless you have a motorhome/camper or other higher location for race viewing it is not a spectator-friendly venue. Checked it off my bucket list and will watch on TV from now on and attend the races at Road America annually instead.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:45 PM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

We are going, but we got the one day superticket, and the Chateau Elan package so we will get to use all the amenities of the resort. this is our first time at the 12 hours! ( my valentines present from my amazing wife ! ) hope to maybe see some of the peeps from the site !
Old 02-21-2013, 07:26 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by trivette
My sons and I attended Sebring in '06, and flying from MN obviously did not have a 'Vette in the Corral. We were not permitted in and no option to buy a spectator pass either. Unless you have a motorhome/camper or other higher location for race viewing it is not a spectator-friendly venue. Checked it off my bucket list and will watch on TV from now on and attend the races at Road America annually instead.
There are a lot of great viewing places all around the track right in the action... did you not walk around?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:29 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by trivette
Sebring is THE BEST track for viewing....you can't be lazy....you need to walk the entire track...tons of viewing areas.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:26 PM
TCKT B8
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 & '11

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
David
Interesting how close our license plates are - mine's TCKT B8, but the car is yellow

Get notified of new replies

To 12 Hours of Sebring 2013

Old 02-21-2013, 08:34 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by TCKT B8
Interesting how close our license plates are - mine's TCKT B8, but the car is yellow
funny and both in FL I hope you dont get a ticket and the guy writes the tag down wrong
Old 02-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Grant Elis
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter99
Sebring is THE BEST track for viewing....you can't be lazy....you need to walk the entire track...tons of viewing areas.
I disagree. Laguna Seca, Top of the hill, walk 30 yards back and forth from the Corkscrew to the front side of hill, a good 90% of the track is visible from that hill. Thanks, Grant.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:44 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BWF07
I'll be there in March, our 6th year running in the Corral. If past history holds true, I'm thinking we'll see a new C7 on display there, in past years they've always had the latest Vettes on display in the Corral, and Chevrolet always has a big area there with new cars and parts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 12 Hours of Sebring 2013