Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

Another Guess MY HP and 1/4 mile time!

Old 01-10-2013, 10:48 AM
01VetteVert
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Guess MY HP and 1/4 mile time!

Hello everyone,
Long story short, I love cars, not matter what they are. I recently was given a 2001 corvette as bonus from my boss, he moved into a C6 that has blower, and was built nice atomic orange, to match his 69 he has. So he gave me his 2001 with only 21k miles. It’s a Vert, with z51 package, and 3:15 gear options. It’s an auto. I truly love this car, I am into racing and have a 10 hope this year with the chnages I am making to be 9 second Mustang. So I don’t need this thing to be a drag car, I drive it a lot, anytime it’s not raining or snowing. I enjoy it so much, Its light years ahead of my mustang in all around enjoyment.

Now that you know my life story I have some questions

My current Mods are
  • ECS mail tune,
  • Breathless performance Vortex Rammer Cold Air System
  • Corsa Cat back
  • 160 or 180 stat I forget now, I got it with the tune from ECS
That’s all I have now- It moves pretty good, I was surprised how fast it is actually, but like I said I love cars, so that didn’t last long for me to “be enough”. So a guy at work gave me for free a set of 243 heads with upgraded valve springs. So I took full advantage of that, I didn’t just slap it on. So here is what else I bought.
  • I sent the heads out to Texas speed, had them port and Polish, with valve Job, and shave the heads for higher compression.
  • I had a custom cam done by Pat G- So I could keep my stock converter, and keep that low end snappiness it has stock. Here are the specs 222/226 .597”/.605” 114LSA +4 advance
  • Power XS long tube headers with xpipe and high flow cats
  • Under Driver pulley
  • Going to send out the intake and throttle body to RKT56 in the next week or 2.
  • Rocker Torsion mod ( I am sure I spelled that wrong)
  • Push Rods- I needed shorter ones because of the heads being shaved.
  • Ls7 lifters- Mine as well while its torn apart
  • ECS tuning the hell out of my car 

I know many people will be like man, why did you spend all the money and not get a bigger cam, and get a stall, and switch gears. #1. I am a weird. #2 I have a stalled fast race car, one is enough, and I want this thing to drive exactly like it does now, just have more power, when I lay into her. I might only ever race her at the track a few times just to see what it does, that’s it. #3- Money, I don’t have enough to the stall and gears, I wanted it done for this summer. This was the only way. If I hate it and want more, then I’ll have to get new cam, and then go from there.

So now FINALLY my questions, and I don’t expect exact just very curious, it’s my first LS1, If you had a mustang told me all your mods, I could rattle off about how much HP, and ¼ you would run.

1. About how much HP will I have- Form my reading, I think I will have about 380whp.
  2. What’s the guess on the ¼ times ? I say with a great tire, Mid to low 12’s?
  3. I was thinking about also getting an electric water pump, is it worth it? I would hate to be at 397whp, and know if I did the pump I would have hit 400 LOL. Has anyone had it on their street car before?

Thanks for reading my long post, I know I talk a lot, I just love this car. I wish I had it before the stang, Hell I might sell the stang next year and go to town on this car
Old 01-10-2013, 04:10 PM
baezi z06
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01VetteVert
Hello everyone,
Long story short, I love cars, not matter what they are. I recently was given a 2001 corvette as bonus from my boss, he moved into a C6 that has blower, and was built nice atomic orange, to match his 69 he has. So he gave me his 2001 with only 21k miles. It’s a Vert, with z51 package, and 3:15 gear options. It’s an auto. I truly love this car, I am into racing and have a 10 hope this year with the chnages I am making to be 9 second Mustang. So I don’t need this thing to be a drag car, I drive it a lot, anytime it’s not raining or snowing. I enjoy it so much, Its light years ahead of my mustang in all around enjoyment.

Now that you know my life story I have some questions

My current Mods are
  • ECS mail tune,
  • Breathless performance Vortex Rammer Cold Air System
  • Corsa Cat back
  • 160 or 180 stat I forget now, I got it with the tune from ECS
That’s all I have now- It moves pretty good, I was surprised how fast it is actually, but like I said I love cars, so that didn’t last long for me to “be enough”. So a guy at work gave me for free a set of 243 heads with upgraded valve springs. So I took full advantage of that, I didn’t just slap it on. So here is what else I bought.
  • I sent the heads out to Texas speed, had them port and Polish, with valve Job, and shave the heads for higher compression.
  • I had a custom cam done by Pat G- So I could keep my stock converter, and keep that low end snappiness it has stock. Here are the specs 222/226 .597”/.605” 114LSA +4 advance
  • Power XS long tube headers with xpipe and high flow cats
  • Under Driver pulley
  • Going to send out the intake and throttle body to RKT56 in the next week or 2.
  • Rocker Torsion mod ( I am sure I spelled that wrong)
  • Push Rods- I needed shorter ones because of the heads being shaved.
  • Ls7 lifters- Mine as well while its torn apart
  • ECS tuning the hell out of my car 

I know many people will be like man, why did you spend all the money and not get a bigger cam, and get a stall, and switch gears. #1. I am a weird. #2 I have a stalled fast race car, one is enough, and I want this thing to drive exactly like it does now, just have more power, when I lay into her. I might only ever race her at the track a few times just to see what it does, that’s it. #3- Money, I don’t have enough to the stall and gears, I wanted it done for this summer. This was the only way. If I hate it and want more, then I’ll have to get new cam, and then go from there.

So now FINALLY my questions, and I don’t expect exact just very curious, it’s my first LS1, If you had a mustang told me all your mods, I could rattle off about how much HP, and ¼ you would run.

1. About how much HP will I have- Form my reading, I think I will have about 380whp.
  2. What’s the guess on the ¼ times ? I say with a great tire, Mid to low 12’s?
  3. I was thinking about also getting an electric water pump, is it worth it? I would hate to be at 397whp, and know if I did the pump I would have hit 400 LOL. Has anyone had it on their street car before?

Thanks for reading my long post, I know I talk a lot, I just love this car. I wish I had it before the stang, Hell I might sell the stang next year and go to town on this car

i´d say +400rwhp and should go 12´s whith that stall and gear even low 12´s , all depends on how that setup work on the lower rpms.. and what you can get it fast (out of the hole) trap speed wil be 116-118 maby more

good luck

baezi
Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 PM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 322 Likes on 263 Posts

The stock converter stalls at 1300....maybe.
so it's going to be lazy until about 3000rpm.

That will be the limiting factor.....

I think it could go high 11's though.

Ron
Old 01-11-2013, 01:19 PM
01VetteVert
Instructor

Originally Posted by baezi z06
i´d say +400rwhp and should go 12´s whith that stall and gear even low 12´s , all depends on how that setup work on the lower rpms.. and what you can get it fast (out of the hole) trap speed wil be 116-118 maby more

good luck

baezi
Thanks- I was hoping for 400whp, that would be great if I hit that #.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:22 PM
01VetteVert
Instructor

Originally Posted by RonSSNova
The stock converter stalls at 1300....maybe.
so it's going to be lazy until about 3000rpm.

That will be the limiting factor.....

I think it could go high 11's though.

Ron
11's would be freaking badass. One of my buddies who gave me the heads, he said he thinks I would be in the 11's also. If i hit 11's I might sell my stang He thinks I have a freak of a car, He has a 6.0 GTO, with exhaust, tune, and intake I think. That was a crazy close race, he said he can usally take auto C5's with bolt on's no problem. He is a good driver too.

I am new to LS1's and I wish I got into them before Mustangs pushrods LOL
Old 01-18-2013, 11:26 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Look at my car and my mods -- very similar to yours--I have apprx 400 RWHP and i estimate yours to be similar---I do have 3.42 gears--from a Z06 take-off and a 3000 stall
My guess is that you will have plenty of HP and traction will become your weak point
My cars best N/A is in the low 12's and that's with MT drag radials and a 3000 stall !! Hot calif day with average air density
With a stock 1300 stall and street tires don't expect to match that--and sorry 11's aren't realistic---
GOOD NEWS don'tbe afraid of Mustangs---Although on paper they make some higher HP numbers but at the track they just don't have enough TQ to be quick---I can't tell you how many "super 500 HP Mustangs " I've put on the trailer with my 400 RWHP C5 !!!

Get notified of new replies

To Another Guess MY HP and 1/4 mile time!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another Guess MY HP and 1/4 mile time!