Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I pledge not to use the word Tail Light or Camaro.. Take the pledge here

Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Default I pledge not to use the word Tail Light or Camaro.. Take the pledge here

I promise...
Old 01-07-2013, 08:09 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I promise.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:09 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

I would like to Bill but I can't commit to that I can never lie
Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

No way would I handicap the members.......what if it does actually draw legitimate observations that are justified?

Remember Austin Powers and the "mole"?

Old 01-07-2013, 08:16 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I just can't. It may become necessary at some point to utter those words. Like if I say...
-Shyt! Those tail lights ARE round!
-Dam! Those tail lights ARE NOT round!
-Duuuuuude! Those tail lights ARE the awesomest Corvette tail lights that ever wanted to be called Corvette tail lights!

..you get the point.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

I just don't like Cam*ro's...and I won't reference the C7 t*il l*ghts looking like the Cam*ro's..

LOL
Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 PM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Well, I just can't. It may become necessary at some point to utter those words. Like if I say...
-Shyt! Those tail lights ARE round!
-Dam! Those tail lights ARE NOT round!
-Duuuuuude! Those tail lights ARE the awesomest Corvette tail lights that ever wanted to be called Corvette tail lights!

..you get the point.
Agreed, if i took that oath then i would not be able to say Trans Am C5 either.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:29 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Ah jest cain't does thet - mah bren wood 'splode.................
Old 01-07-2013, 08:29 PM
sfc rick
Le Mans Master

Received 150 Likes on 79 Posts

Caaamaaarooooo!, camaro!!!!!! Caaaammmaaaarooooo!

Old 01-07-2013, 08:30 PM
zland
Drifting

Received 607 Likes on 190 Posts

As a consumer I can like or dislike anything I want. I find it a bit self righteous for GM to assume I will have to get use to it (taillights). How about they get use to we buy what we like & what is the best product. If I do not like the C7, I won't buy it PERIOD.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:33 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by zland
As a consumer I can like or dislike anything I want. I find it a bit self righteous for GM to assume I will have to get use to it (taillights). How about they get use to we buy what we like & what is the best product. If I do not like the C7, I won't buy it PERIOD.
So that means you are not taking the pledge?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:36 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I doubt you will ever hear GM say that...they know you will either buy it or not. They learned that with the C6 headlights.
That said, many people did get used to those headlights...
Old 01-07-2013, 08:45 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,243 Likes on 704 Posts

I pledge not to call them Camaro taillights unless....................they actually look like Camaro taillights.

BTW is it tail lights or taillights?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Flex182
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 87 Posts

Old 01-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

DOES THIS MEAN YOU WON'T TAKE DE PLEDGE.? Oh my...
Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 PM
TTRotary
Race Director

Received 404 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
I promise...
You personally taking an oath is not going to help you when every person who looks at your new C7 is going to ask you about the Camaro tail lights. That awaits you everywhere you go with this car. In every gas station, shopping center lot, at every traffic light you stop with the windows down - people will ask - "those Camaro tail lights - did those come stock or is that rear end an aftermarket kit?" or "did that ricer aftermarket kit with the Camaro taillights come from Taiwan or China" and even if you say it is stock, they won't believe you and will ask where you went to get those "shaved Camaro tail lights"

because to one will believe that any major manufacturer design team would slap such a hideous rear end on a car like the Corvette.

Just sayin... get ready because it's a comin. Maybe you can just post an informational FAQ placard on the car. Better yet, cover the rear end with it. Maybe GM will offer a permanent camo panel option to hide their clusterf*ck.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:13 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

I will be SO disappointed if you don't like it.

Get notified of new replies

To I pledge not to use the word Tail Light or Camaro.. Take the pledge here

Old 01-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by TTRotary
You personally taking an oath is not going to help you when every person who looks at your new C7 is going to ask you about the Camaro tail lights. That awaits you everywhere you go with this car. In every gas station, shopping center lot, at every traffic light you stop with the windows down - people will ask - "those Camaro tail lights - did those come stock or is that rear end an aftermarket kit?" or "did that ricer aftermarket kit with the Camaro taillights come from Taiwan or China" and even if you say it is stock, they won't believe you and will ask where you went to get those "shaved Camaro tail lights"

because to one will believe that any major manufacturer design team would slap such a hideous rear end on a car like the Corvette.

Just sayin... get ready because it's a comin. Maybe you can just post an informational FAQ placard on the car. Better yet, cover the rear end with it. Maybe GM will offer a permanent camo panel option to hide their clusterf*ck.
I bet people will be oohing and awing in admiration. Just sayin'.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I prom...Camaro.

Dammit!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by TTRotary

Do you pledge not to post until you honor your bet with Keeks? LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I pledge not to use the word Tail Light or Camaro.. Take the pledge here