C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deadbeats and my C6

Old 01-03-2013, 04:34 PM
mabryusmc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deadbeats and my C6

I dont know how others feel about similar situations but I am so frustrated with how terrible my town is.

My girlfriend and I have been planning a trip to San Diego for this coming Saturday. Yesterday I started preparing my car for the road trip. If I was going to be in a nice city I wanted my vette to look its best so I spent the entire day washing and vacuuming my car. I detailed everything on her then woke up nice and early to put a super nice polish to give her that much more of a shine. I busted my *** making sure every detail was spotless.

Proud of my work and joansin' for a drive (its been a couple weeks) I decided I would take my car to run a few errands. Nothing major.... quick stop and Kmart for some tape and then drop some letters in the mail.

Im driving around in my nice shiny car with the top off. Admiring the day and the thrill of driving my hard earned vette. I get home, pull the car into the driveway and proceed to do some randomness. I come outside to prep the garage for a little bit of painting and I notice the front end of my car looks really weird. I walk out of the garage down to my car and notice something all over the front of my car.

ITS SOMEONES F'ING DRINK! You can clearly see the origin where the drink made first contact and then splashed all over the front of my car. The bumper, the hood, the fender.... everywhere. How I didnt see this when getting into my car at the store I have no idea.... but it def didnt happen in my driveway.

This town is FULL of people who went nowhere in life and I get the $#it end of their stick. Every time I drive my car I get looked at like Im a piece of trash. But you know what.... theyre entitled to their own opinions. HOWEVER, when someone goes beyond their childish opinion of me and feels the need to vandalize my property for no reason... I have a terrible problem with that. I just cant believe this is how people in our country act. Upset because someone elses hard work has paid off that they need to better themselves by trashing my property.

Ive been thinking of putting cameras in my car for a long time.... I think this might be the push I need to do so. A simple gopro in the front and rear with a MASSIVE memory card to record non stop when I take her out. I dunno... something.... These people just cant get away with things like this.

Granted it was only a drink but what if someone keyed my car or threw something else.... its just a crazy world out there.

END RANT...
Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Tonylmiller
Race Director

Received 526 Likes on 343 Posts

I have a shiny red convertible and it seems that no one around here even notices. I guess that's a good thing...
Old 01-03-2013, 04:44 PM
mabryusmc
Racer

I wish no one would notice me... but its hard not to when 75% of the cars in this town are early 90's, half rice'd out, or on their last leg. You stick a bright yellow vett in the mix..... it sticks out.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:51 PM
schneid
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
I have a shiny red convertible and it seems that no one around here even notices. I guess that's a good thing...
God bless the south baby!

I mostly get waves and thumbs up in GA.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:54 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 657 Likes on 441 Posts

Camera is a great idea...
Old 01-03-2013, 04:59 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by mabryusmc
I dont know how others feel about similar situations but I am so frustrated with how terrible my town is.

My girlfriend and I have been planning a trip to San Diego for this coming Saturday. Yesterday I started preparing my car for the road trip. If I was going to be in a nice city I wanted my vette to look its best so I spent the entire day washing and vacuuming my car. I detailed everything on her then woke up nice and early to put a super nice polish to give her that much more of a shine. I busted my *** making sure every detail was spotless.

Proud of my work and joansin' for a drive (its been a couple weeks) I decided I would take my car to run a few errands. Nothing major.... quick stop and Kmart for some tape and then drop some letters in the mail.

Im driving around in my nice shiny car with the top off. Admiring the day and the thrill of driving my hard earned vette. I get home, pull the car into the driveway and proceed to do some randomness. I come outside to prep the garage for a little bit of painting and I notice the front end of my car looks really weird. I walk out of the garage down to my car and notice something all over the front of my car.

ITS SOMEONES F'ING DRINK! You can clearly see the origin where the drink made first contact and then splashed all over the front of my car. The bumper, the hood, the fender.... everywhere. How I didnt see this when getting into my car at the store I have no idea.... but it def didnt happen in my driveway.

This town is FULL of people who went nowhere in life and I get the $#it end of their stick. Every time I drive my car I get looked at like Im a piece of trash. But you know what.... theyre entitled to their own opinions. HOWEVER, when someone goes beyond their childish opinion of me and feels the need to vandalize my property for no reason... I have a terrible problem with that. I just cant believe this is how people in our country act. Upset because someone elses hard work has paid off that they need to better themselves by trashing my property.

Ive been thinking of putting cameras in my car for a long time.... I think this might be the push I need to do so. A simple gopro in the front and rear with a MASSIVE memory card to record non stop when I take her out. I dunno... something.... These people just cant get away with things like this.

Granted it was only a drink but what if someone keyed my car or threw something else.... its just a crazy world out there.

END RANT...
It's worse in California We have so much road debris from sheet rock, nails, glass, refrigerators, applicances, plywood, couches furniture, building materials, landscaping equipment with just about everything including the kitchen sink and anything than can damage your Corvette since our cars our low we are even more suceptible to getting the worst of damage but any of the above will damage any motorist driving on the freeways and beat up streets here.
Plus we have the worst roads all beat up, pot holes that will bend your rims or ruin your alignment. More expensive to maintain a car here because of all this that we pay for but doesn't get done.

Don't even think of taking your Corvette to San Francisco (real bad roads) and especially in the hilly areas. Not a Corvette friendly place. Better off with a Buick Park Avenue to protect yourself (body) from all the shock and isolate you better from torn up unmaintaned roads.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm sorry about the drink on your car. However unlikely, could someone have spilled it accidentally? It might make you feel better about it. I hope you got it cleaned-off and there was not lasting damage. I'm not sure where the "deadbeats" fits in but there's no justification for intentional vandalism. I'd forget the cameras....they'll just make a tempting target for some thief to steal. Clean the mess and try your best to forget about. Enjoy your trip to Dego.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:09 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's too damn bad. Hopefully you were able to get it off without any damage. I've seen soft drinks do damage to paint but since you had it waxed, I'm sure it saved it. I've had people cut me off on the road but fortunately, that's been it.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:48 PM
LucaBrasiAZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts

my parents live in prescott and i visit them twice a year......ive always thought that town was a crap hole, beautiful scenery, but a crap hole, but they seem to love it there. I did take my vette on one of my trips and didnt notice any animosity at all. Im trying to convince them to move to texas closer to family, but they just love prescott...some things i will never understand.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 PM
LucaBrasiAZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Guinnessboy
my parents live in prescott and i visit them twice a year......ive always thought that town was a crap hole, beautiful scenery, but a crap hole, but they seem to love it there. I did take my vette on one of my trips and didnt notice any animosity at all. Im trying to convince them to move to texas closer to family, but they just love prescott...some things i will never understand.

but to be honest its better than about 95% of the cesspool also known as California....damn i hate this state, cant wait to get out.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:51 PM
bb996+r1
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by schneid
God bless the south baby!

I mostly get waves and thumbs up in GA.
You die you mess with someones vehicle here.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:55 PM
wolf8218
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bb996+r1
Yet the natives seem to get away with it all the time, apparently mandatory liability only applies to citizens.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:57 PM
ip-do-tan
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

...and, I've been thinking about moving there

Not anymore

Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Wash it off and call it a day no need to get so worked up. Go enjoy your drive and be safe.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:20 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,557 Likes on 1,639 Posts

Originally Posted by bb996+r1
Unfortunately, not always. I came out of a store in Columbia, SC one day and someone had deliberately rammed a shopping cart into the side of my brand new Dodge Ram at the time (truck had been left at the far end of the lot, all by itself, not another car for 300' feet) That cart had to have been carefully aimed directly at my (obviously new) truck and given the old "heave-ho".

A=--holes are everywhere, I'm afraid...
Old 01-03-2013, 06:31 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Sorry that some piece of sh*t did that to your car.

Yes, I made the mistake of driving mine to a movie last year. When I came out I noticed someone had poured their Mountain Dew on the side of my car. I was pissed.

They are very lucky that I didn't catch them in the act.

Thankfully no permanent damage was done.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:34 PM
CBRXX
Racer

Originally Posted by Silverblue
A=--holes are everywhere, I'm afraid...
Thats for sure. Generally trashy and jealous, a bad combo.

Get notified of new replies

To Deadbeats and my C6

Old 01-03-2013, 06:35 PM
erick_e
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

I drove the Z to a Toby Keith concert in Raleigh this summer, parked in the grass with everyone else, and close to the street for lighting.

Came out to the car after the concert to find empty beer cans placed on the hood and roof. Was kind of p!ssed at first, but realized where I was, and thought its only a car. I try not to let things so trivial get to me, but its hard.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

I had a new yellow 1996 Corvette and some a-hole sent a shopping cart into my door. I had to have the door repainted.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 PM
87C4_4spd
Drifting

I seem to go fairly un-noticed here in KY since Vettes are made about 100 miles from where I live. People here seem to have some respect/pride in them.

At least most do. I'm sure some are jealous but I drove a lot of Junkers in my early days and it took me time and hard work to get this.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deadbeats and my C6