C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Muscle Car Review Magazine Baldwin Chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 08:12 PM
65specialk
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Muscle Car Review Magazine Baldwin Chevelle

Not a Vett but did anyone see the Baldwin Chevelle article in this months MCR mag?? 71 Chevelle Baldwin car. 23K original miles. Belonged to a very good friend of mine who bought it new. I used to race him with my 70 SCJ Mustang. He sold it in a bad economy and I feel he left a lot of money on the table. . It could have brought much more in a better economy. Why sell it now??? Dont get it??? Dave
Old 12-28-2012, 05:23 AM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Default I noticed that many with high end cars, think they are recession proof!

I have seen alot of individuals lose their azz. Thus this being a Baldwin Motion and based on it being as rare as it is, probably thought he was going to make a killing or some sell because they need the money. Most humans won't admit to hard times. They will maintain a front. If you have to sell something you love, then it leave a very sick feeling in someone.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:05 AM
BLee
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw a green 70 LS-6 Baldwin Motion Chevelle in Muscle Car Review. I'm guessing it's the same car but you said 71.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:12 AM
65specialk
Burning Brakes

I am not a Chevelle guy but I thought it was a 71?? I will ask him next time I see him. The owner is in the trucking business and may be going through some tough times. I was shocked to hear he sold his baby.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:27 AM
bighouse
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a 70, I have the mag right here. At first I thought it was the same car they featured a few months ago.

Depending on how quickly he needed money (if in fact the case) That is a rare car for a Hemmings ad. That kind of car should have been showcased before it was sold. At least on ebay. It would have been a top seller at any large auction (Mecum, etc).

There are people who base thier entire business on selling cars like that for people who dont want to or do not have the time. Selling that kind of car would start a fight. I hope he got close to what its worth.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,929 Likes on 4,774 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 65specialk
I am not a Chevelle guy but I thought it was a 71?? I will ask him next time I see him. The owner is in the trucking business and may be going through some tough times. I was shocked to hear he sold his baby.
there is a 71 BM Chevelle on eBay now
Old 12-30-2012, 09:36 AM
65specialk
Burning Brakes

I heard what it sold for and feel he left big money on the table. I would have been a buyer since I just sold a high dollar car. He never told anyone he was selling. His car, I guess he can do whatever he wants. Glad to see the new owner is sharing his good fortune with others by showing it in a nationally viewed magazine. They are still out there. I was just told there is another Baldwin Chevelle just 100 miles from me. Story is Dad died, son has car but is battling cancer. A Corvette friend is keeping his eye on this one as it is his neighbors car.

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Muscle Car Review Magazine Baldwin Chevelle

Quick Reply: Muscle Car Review Magazine Baldwin Chevelle