C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If the pics of the C7 are accurate...

Old 12-26-2012, 02:11 PM
trading tiger
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If the pics of the C7 are accurate...

Thank God I bought a C6 GS last month. Those C7's are going to be sitting on the lots for a long time and the C6's are going to sell like hotcakes.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:13 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by trading tiger
Thank God I bought a C6 GS last month. Those C7's are going to be sitting on the lots for a long time and the C6's are going to sell like hotcakes.
I doubt that and I'm not even sure that I will like the C7 yet.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Dre01SS
Burning Brakes

The opinion is strong with this post.

No they won't... They'll sell just like every other Vette has sold when introduced. There'll be early adopters, coming from within the brand, and outside of the brand.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:19 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

I too say no they won't..... unsuspecting buyers will also be paying hefty dealer markups on top of it. And, dealers will find the suckers willing to pay it.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dre01SS
The opinion is strong with this post.

No they won't... They'll sell just like every other Vette has sold when introduced. There'll be early adopters, coming from within the brand, and outside of the brand.

A lot of people buy things just because they're new, fashionable or because it is the "best" they can afford. Not everyone is a purist, sometimes people just buy cars as an image, or a weekend toy, or to have the Next Big Thing. Some people buy cars for the gadgets on the insides, some people buy for the comfort or economy, others buy stripped out no-frills cars for the outsides, or the performance. That's why commercials always try to lure in the New Buyer - most people are "new buyers" when it comes to brand or car type.

They will sell - time will tell how well though.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:34 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

They will sale like "hot cakes"...its going to be a Beast
Old 12-26-2012, 02:43 PM
VatorMan
Team Owner

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '06-'10-'11, '15

Originally Posted by troller399
They will sale like "hot cakes"...its going to be a Beast
Old 12-26-2012, 02:48 PM
LawrenceFromTorrance
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 113 Posts

Let's see
1) More HP
2) Better fuel economy
3) Better interior
4) Better dash
5) Fresh new style
Yah, you're right they won't sell any all all
Old 12-26-2012, 02:55 PM
TractionControlOff
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Disagree completely. Regardless of whether or not *I* like the C7, it will sell well, at least initially.

Why? Well first of all, some people will buy it no matter what it looks like. Some people want the latest and greatest Corvette, some people will want it for status and some people will buy it just to buy it.

But again, regardless of looks, consider what we already know about it: more power, "improved" interior, more driver aids, more driver accessories and more options. It will be the best performance car for the price, AND it gets fuel mileage comparable to mid-size sedans.

The Corvette C7 will sell, whether you or I love it or hate it.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:56 PM
05C6GAC
Burning Brakes

Only time will tell!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:59 PM
*C7*
Melting Slicks

Received 388 Likes on 168 Posts
St. Jude Donor 05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I'll agree with you on the sitting on the lots for a long time, but it is not the C7s that will be sitting.

Hint! Hint!

Sell your C6 GS NOW and avoid the rush..........
Old 12-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

Congrats on your new GS, that's one beautiful ride and always will be. However, You're wrong, this is going to be one hell of a Vette. Albeit if i just bought a c6 a month before the c7 unveiling (opps!), I would probably be trying to justify my purchase as well. Sorry about your massive impending depreciation and...
Happy new year.

Old 12-26-2012, 03:05 PM
mtrainer
Racer

In my humble opinion, the new C7 will be an improved car in every aspect save one, the styling. If what we've been exposed to is accurate.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:07 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't agree one bit. I currently have my second C6. First one was a 2007 convertible. My current is an 09 Z06. I absolutely love the C6 but I am looking forward to the C7. The Corvette has proven generation after generation to be a premier sports car and the C7 will not fall short! While some may not like it's new design or some elements of it, I'd bet most will love it!

I for one really like the new design and stronly believe it will look much better in person. As such, I definately see a C7 in my future!

That said, Congrats on your C6 purchase! It's a great car but will be dated shortly by most peoples standards.. Change is difficult for many people, especially drastic change. We are seeing the same kind of revolt that we saw when the C6 info started leaking out but opinions changed and the C6 is now revered. My gut tells me, even you will be giving serious consideration to the C7 in the future. It will be leaps ahead of the C6 both in performance and design. Rest assured that it will even grow on even the most diehard C6 enthusiasts as well as the most staunch C7 skeptics and they will sell just fine. Rest assured!

Last edited by slief; 12-26-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:08 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

Old 12-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Dre01SS
Burning Brakes

And to add... While the C6 / C7 looks are subjective, the performance difference will be objective C7 > C6 and that.. will drive sales.

The newest and 'greatest' per se.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Process Black
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank God I bought a C5 Z06 last month. Those C6's are going to be sitting on the lots for a long time and the C5's are going to sell like hotcakes.
There. Now it's December 2003 all over again.

Get notified of new replies

To If the pics of the C7 are accurate...

Old 12-26-2012, 03:14 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by LawrenceFromTorrance
Let's see
1) More HP
2) Better fuel economy
3) Better interior
4) Better dash
5) Fresh new style
Yah, you're right they won't sell any all all
Lambo forums have the real deal design up, the dash looks like the vipers dash, the front end looks very nice, similar to C6 but nicer, side is still C5/C6. back end looks like a camaro and gtr mated.

Seats are better, but you will be disappointed with the rest(still allot of plastic)

It is a very corporate design, as I suspected for a mass produced vehicle , it will sell well , but as stated above , not many purists around anymore.

People are raving about heated/ cooled seats that will be in the C7.....
Old 12-26-2012, 03:20 PM
PRicanC6Xpress
Pro

Location: From: Brooklyn Kiddo, Live in Wantagh, Long Island NY....... New York
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hi

Originally Posted by Aozora
Congrats on your new GS, that's one beautiful ride and always will be. However, You're wrong, this is going to be one hell of a Vette. Albeit if i just bought a c6 a month before the c7 unveiling (opps!), I would probably be trying to justify my purchase as well. Sorry about your massive impending depreciation and...
Happy new year.

Thats not a nice thing to say... The square C7 lights if there on the money as a leak. Look like a mustang from the rear. I agree they are gonna sell it's just a better built car. I'm going to lease the first year. Then I'm going to give it back and lease me the 3rd year C7 Zo6 or is it Z07 Lol

Last edited by PRicanC6Xpress; 12-26-2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Craziness
Old 12-26-2012, 03:22 PM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
Lambo forums have the real deal design up, the dash looks like the vipers dash, the front end looks very nice, similar to C6 but nicer, side is still C5/C6. back end looks like a camaro and gtr mated.

Seats are better, but you will be disappointed with the rest(still allot of plastic)

It is a very corporate design, as I suspected for a mass produced vehicle , it will sell well , but as stated above , not many purists around anymore.

People are raving about heated/ cooled seats that will be in the C7.....
The real dash designs have been posted here as well..

As for the comment about lots of plastic, vets have always had lots of plastic and I don't see a big issue with that. The higher end interior options offer more leather for those who want it. That said, short of more leather on the inside, what else should they be using? Metal such as aluminum?? I like the plastic body parts as they tend to eliminate the potential for many unwanted dings while also keeping weight and costs down. Carbon fiber would be nice but that would really drive the cost up.

Remember, this is not a lambo and the huge value in the Corvette is the fact that you could own two new Corvettes for the price of one low end Lambo. That while still having nearly comparable performance. Sure, it might not have the sex appeal but you certainly get 10x the reliability, comparable performance at a fraction of the cost both up front and long term. There has to be some level of compromise to deliver the kind of performance and value that Corvettes have delivered generation after generation.

Last edited by slief; 12-26-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: If the pics of the C7 are accurate...