C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

xspower lontubes

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 12:40 PM
cobra3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default xspower lontubes

Well, I got the header in and new plugs and had to buy new wires because most of the old ones came apart while taking them off. Changed the oil and filter and I think I am ready for the dyno when they can get me in . The vech sounds the same at idle and at low RPM but crack the throttle and it sure wakes up with the LT's and the corsa cat back . I am happy with how it sounds I just have to wait and get it tuned and see how it does. But overall happy with the xspower headers and the fitment just A couple of maybe spots but it is A aftermarket part.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:37 PM
A.R. Shale Targa
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you like it........I made the switch 1 year ago and also
have the Corsa axle back. What a great combo....quiet when
you want and bark on command...truly best of both worlds..
I also gained over 3 mph in the quarter switching from BBK shorties.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:28 AM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the BBK shorties on too and contemplate the change to LTs all the time. I live in Cali though and always promised myself to maintain legality. Much less headache in the long run. But the power increase is so tempting I think I may pull the trigger one of these days!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:29 AM
steven31371
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NukeC5
I have the BBK shorties on too and contemplate the change to LTs all the time. I live in Cali though and always promised myself to maintain legality. Much less headache in the long run. But the power increase is so tempting I think I may pull the trigger one of these days!
I live in Cali too...get the high flow cat setup...will pass sniffer ;-)

as an aside...saw a guy tonight in a C5 ZO6 that had 700 hp from a tuned LS7 he swapped into it...he had straight pipes and no cats...had what looked liked current plates ;-)
Old 12-24-2012, 11:38 AM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by steven31371
I live in Cali too...get the high flow cat setup...will pass sniffer ;-)

as an aside...saw a guy tonight in a C5 ZO6 that had 700 hp from a tuned LS7 he swapped into it...he had straight pipes and no cats...had what looked liked current plates ;-)
It can be done with the right hookups and money to throw around. Neither of which I have . I have had detailed inspections of the underside and engine bay from the shops where I live. Just doesn't seem like a good idea yet.

Get notified of new replies

To xspower lontubes

Quick Reply: xspower lontubes