Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

F/S: 2008 Z06 Katech Street Attack # 046

Old 11-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Tony Borcich
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default F/S: 2008 Z06 Katech Street Attack # 046

VIN 1G1YY25E885132684 Black 10,xxx Original Owner miles, 1LZ, 2,000 miles on Katech forged motor. Stage 2 ARE dry sump, AR jet-hot coated headers, Setrab Oil cooler, LS9x clutch, Pfadt Motor mounts, Haltech and F.A.S.T. intake manifold, Dewitts radiator. 610 FHP on Katech dyno. Full Katech upgrades for bulletproof performance.

Full Pfadt single-adjustable coilover suspension with Pfadt highest rated sway bars and bushings. Remarkably civil street behavior considering the incredible performance envelope and cold air conditioning.

Pfadt roll bar improves chassis stiffness, Recaro SPG seats feel great and reduce weight by 60 pounds.

Full carbon aero package per Katech plus Katech Speed World Challenge louvered vented hood.

Car is 3030 pounds wet on the Katech scales, ideally balanced F/R.

Stoptech brakes all 4 corners, (sT-60/sT-40), Option of returning to the perfectly capable stock brakes to save on the final sale price.

All stock parts included if desired. Interior easily converted to stock if desired (with deposit).

No issues or accidents. I am Original Owner, mature physician who takes proper care and no maintainance spared. Car has fresh 650 degree brake fluid flushed and oil change and fresh alignment to Katech specs.

Asking $64,900.00 but have a possible deal pending (with challenging terms) so gotta act FAST. Car in Upper Westchester County (NYC tri-state area- btw 30 miles from coast, area unaffected by Sandy) Note that the asking price is $10k under what Jason Harding at Katech advised, compare to similar low-mileage, 1-owner cars plus over 50% depreciation of over $60,000 in upgrades. So you get a $50k z06 plus $60k in highest quality upgrades at 25 cents on the original dollar. The motor with related upgrades alone would easily top $20,000, plus the round trip closed truck to Katech...

may email TBorcich@aol.com, or text mobile 917.774.4122
Old 11-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

w.o.w.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 11-29-2012, 10:49 PM
The_Raging_Bull
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

tony call me
Larry V
Old 11-30-2012, 12:18 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

SWEET DEAL for somebody on a KILLER Katech Z.

GLWS, should pop soon.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:30 AM
The_Raging_Bull
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
SWEET DEAL for somebody on a KILLER Katech Z.

GLWS, should pop soon.
It already has; Tony and I already talked and I jumped back in to secure the car. Katech Street Attack headed for Tennessee about Ho Ho Ho time.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Originally Posted by The_Raging_Bull
It already has; Tony and I already talked and I jumped back in to secure the car. Katech Street Attack headed for Tennessee about Ho Ho Ho time.
Well, the least you can do is POST PICS when you get your hands on it.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:56 PM
The_Raging_Bull
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Random84
Well, the least you can do is POST PICS when you get your hands on it.

I will

Motor Over here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/album.php?albumid=30325

Last edited by The_Raging_Bull; 11-30-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:23 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Congrats! Awesome ride..
Old 12-01-2012, 01:29 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

CONGRATS, great job guys, that's the way to close a deal quickly on a KILLER CAR.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:19 AM
FNQWK
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet car
Old 12-13-2012, 02:16 AM
The_Raging_Bull
Burning Brakes

Default well once burnt twice shy

I guess I made the fundamental mistake of saying thread closed; and ticket bought... just prior to flying up to buy this car next week; another member undercut me.

Where I'm from the initial check you send at least buys you the right to a counter-offer, but not here. Just an observation; once you think you have a deal; just keep it to your self and don't post; as some folks; presumably with the fluid cash on hand will jump in and pounce like a shark.

There was a day when I used to eat corvettes with a built Z28 (The Raging Bull), but those street racing days are long over. I won't say I hope the member (undisclosed) who bought the car bends a rod tracking the car etc, just I wish I had known him in my street days when i took pinks to pay for my college degrees. I'd loved to see how big his cojones were; and make him cry.

Anyway adios Corvette Forum, I'm thinking of a swarth gray Rossion Q1 I was offered two weeks ago; and turned down since I thought I had this deal going down. The Rossion which will eat the Corvette from Katech, or anyone else for lunch at 3.0 sec at 0 to 60. The Noble forum is smaller too, and those guys arent quite so cutthroat.

In the South we don't do things this way; seems to be standard fare around here....
Old 12-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Random84
Safety Car

I guess I made the fundamental mistake of saying thread closed; and ticket bought... just prior to flying up to buy this car next week; another member undercut me.

Where I'm from the initial check you send at least buys you the right to a counter-offer, but not here. Just an observation; once you think you have a deal; just keep it to your self and don't post; as some folks; presumably with the fluid cash on hand will jump in and pounce like a shark.

There was a day when I used to eat corvettes with a built Z28 (The Raging Bull), but those street racing days are long over. I won't say I hope the member (undisclosed) who bought the car bends a rod tracking the car etc, just I wish I had known him in my street days when i took pinks to pay for my college degrees. I'd loved to see how big his cojones were; and make him cry.

Anyway adios Corvette Forum, I'm thinking of a swarth gray Rossion Q1 I was offered two weeks ago; and turned down since I thought I had this deal going down. The Rossion which will eat the Corvette from Katech, or anyone else for lunch at 3.0 sec at 0 to 60. The Noble forum is smaller too, and those guys arent quite so cutthroat.

In the South we don't do things this way; seems to be standard fare around here....
Anyone would agree that once you say "deal" and take a deposit, then it's a deal. Money changed hands - and unless there is more to the story - selling the car to someone else after a deposit is in-hand is a pretty dishonorable act. Instead of swearing off the car, the forum and the entire corvette community... perhaps you could just lay the blame where it belongs: the Seller (who broke your arrangement). Again, that's assuming there are no more details to the story about financing, full payment, etc.

Sorry to hear of your troubles - I can very much imagine how frustrating this must be.

ETA: With three total posts, it looks like the seller joined the forum just to sell the car.

Last edited by Random84; 12-13-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:38 PM
The_Raging_Bull
Burning Brakes

Default thanks

Well I'm considering a build based on a 2010 3LZ I had as a saved favorite, where the car has 640 miles. It'll cost me considerably more to build it like the car in this thread; but one things for sure I'm not stopping at 610 HP. I have some exposure to NHRA engine builds from an uncle and I learned a little bit along the way as a kid.

Honestly I'd discussed this Katech with the owner previously; then waved off. Issues with another potential buyer and complicated financing brought me back via a new offer. Sometime in that time frame the car ad got posted.

However I accepted this offer, and bought a ticket to fly up next week and finalize. I sent a modest check;and was going to call the seller last night and ask him certified cashiers check or wire transfer for the full amount. To my chagrin, my gmail contained the dreaded "Dear John". I understood the owners needs which are his business.

I agree a deal is a deal once the deposit is made.

But to be fair the new owner is also to blame for provoking the deal. The old saying "what comes around goes around" is oh so true.

Thanks for you comments; as this really frosted my Christmas gift to myself; it really floored me. Unforetunately I've seen folks jumping in and trolling deals; and shouldn't have posted anything; I learned a valuable lesson.

Your reply proves there are normal folks here too; Thank You.

Last edited by The_Raging_Bull; 12-13-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:13 PM
0spoiled996
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

Well I'm considering a build based on a 2010 3LZ I had as a saved favorite, where the car has 640 miles. It'll cost me considerably more to build it like the car in this thread; but one things for sure I'm not stopping at 610 HP. I have some exposure to NHRA engine builds from an uncle and I learned a little bit along the way as a kid.

Honestly I'd discussed this Katech with the owner previously; then waved off. Issues with another potential buyer and complicated financing brought me back via a new offer. Sometime in that time frame the car ad got posted.

However I accepted this offer, and bought a ticket to fly up next week and finalize. I sent a modest check;and was going to call the seller last night and ask him certified cashiers check or wire transfer for the full amount. To my chagrin, my gmail contained the dreaded "Dear John". I understood the owners needs which are his business.

I agree a deal is a deal once the deposit is made.

But to be fair the new owner is also to blame for provoking the deal. The old saying "what comes around goes around" is oh so true.

Thanks for you comments; as this really frosted my Christmas gift to myself; it really floored me. Unforetunately I've seen folks jumping in and trolling deals; and shouldn't have posted anything; I learned a valuable lesson.

Your reply proves there are normal folks here too; Thank You.
Should just take my car and save the money and have a better handling, interior, performance car to begin with lol
Old 12-14-2012, 12:49 AM
ttboost1
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

So the seller accepted the offer, AND a deposit, yet still sold it to someone else? Wow...
Old 12-14-2012, 09:47 AM
toxin440
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Incredibly sweet car....

Incredibly dick seller...

sorry to hear about the deal falling through after you sent them a deposit and bought a ticket. I sure hope the ticket was refundable?

I agree, in Texas if I take a man's money and tell him "deal" - doesn't matter if someone comes along and offers me more money, a deal is a deal.

Get notified of new replies

To F/S: 2008 Z06 Katech Street Attack # 046

Old 12-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Torky
Instructor

Yeah, that one hurts, but it sounds like you weren't really dealing with a real car guy.....
Old 12-14-2012, 03:53 PM
newskatercat
Drifting

Received 116 Likes on 76 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

I'm thinking of a swarth gray Rossion Q1 I was offered two weeks ago; and turned down since I thought I had this deal going down. The Rossion which will eat the Corvette from Katech, or anyone else for lunch at 3.0 sec at 0 to 60. The Noble forum is smaller too, and those guys arent quite so cutthroat.

In the South we don't do things this way; seems to be standard fare around here.... [/QUOTE]

Wow, sorry for that bullcrap! Hard to believe there are so many dicks! Enjoy the Rossion! Best of luck!!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:53 PM
TAILWAG
Melting Slicks

Ranging_Bull...that sucks. As an owner of a Noble M12 (you could say it is in the Rossion family), you are going to absolutely love the car.

Well, that is not only a TX thing, but also in KS, if the deal is a deal, and there is a deposit placed, the deal is done! What a crappy move. I would love to hear the other side of the story, if there is any.

Good luck man!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F/S: 2008 Z06 Katech Street Attack # 046