Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Can We Compete?

Old 12-12-2012, 10:29 PM
CandyVette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How Can We Compete?

Today in our parking garage I checked out a new 2013 Ford Mustang GT 500 Saleen which had 650 horsepower that my co-worker had borrowed. It was simply awesome. The noise of the exhaust put my open exhaust 436 hp 2011 Grand Sport Corvette to shame (which is really loud already). I thought my Grand Sport was loud until I heard this beast. How are we ever going to compete with this kind of competition when the C7 comes out? I am depressed now. Personally, I want the highest horsepower bad boy Corvette out there. I am waiting for Chevrolet to do something about this. Signed, sad in Corvette land.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:38 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CandyVette
Today in our parking garage I checked out a new 2013 Ford Mustang GT 500 Saleen which had 650 horsepower that my co-worker had borrowed. It was simply awesome. The noise of the exhaust put my open exhaust 436 hp 2011 Grand Sport Corvette to shame (which is really loud already). I thought my Grand Sport was loud until I heard this beast. How are we ever going to compete with this kind of competition when the C7 comes out? I am depressed now. Personally, I want the highest horsepower bad boy Corvette out there. I am waiting for Chevrolet to do something about this. Signed, sad in Corvette land.
Callaway
Old 12-12-2012, 10:41 PM
CandyVette
Drifting

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Callaway
Here's my conundrum. Should I spend an extra 20 grand or so to get my Grand Sport supercharged or should I wait for the C7 to see what hp figures they come out with? I really love my car. But I suspect that the C7 will have technology that my C6 does not. I think I'll wait and see, at least for a few months.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:45 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Wait and see what the C7 offers. Mustangs have always had a great sound ,especially with an aftermarket exhaust, but that's about it.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:46 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Here's my conundrum. Should I spend an extra 20 grand or so to get my Grand Sport supercharged or should I wait for the C7 to see what hp figures they come out with? I really love my car. But I suspect that the C7 will have technology that my C6 does not. I think I'll wait and see, at least for a few months.
The C7 is already confirmed to have more advanced technology, we just don't know the extent to which that will be true. If in doubt, I would wait. I have never taken a single step in your shoes, however. By the way, I think the supercharging is more like $10,000.00.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:04 PM
CandyVette
Drifting

I am in a position where I can upgrade or wait. I think I will wait to see what the C7 offers. The car I am talking about belongs to no one. It is a demo model that my friend is driving because her BF works at a dealership. I checked it out today--lighted door sills, speedo to 220 mph, loud as hell exhaust. And I have a 2011 Corvette. I should not be coveting. I don't even like Mustangs. But 650 hp is a lot more than 436 hp. I don't like any other girl having more hp than me, even if it is temporary. Dammit. When will January 13 ever make it here?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

I am in a position where I can upgrade or wait. I think I will wait to see what the C7 offers. The car I am talking about belongs to no one. It is a demo model that my friend is driving because her BF works at a dealership. I checked it out today--lighted door sills, speedo to 220 mph, loud as hell exhaust. And I have a 2011 Corvette. I should not be coveting. I don't even like Mustangs. But 650 hp is a lot more than 436 hp. I don't like any other girl having more hp than me, even if it is temporary. Dammit. When will January 13 ever make it here?
Lol, Candy you're pretty cool!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:13 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Geez, just go buy the Mustang. It isn't the end of the earth you know.

Last edited by BlueOx; 12-12-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Whatever the C7 will offer,one thing it won't offer is 650 HP.So if that's what you're looking for,get the Stang.The Vette is a different sort of beast.More refined I guess.Of that 650 hp,it loses some punch because of its weight so it's a closer race then one would think,but the Vette still loses.Muscle Car/sports car...which one do you want more?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:16 PM
jaztec68
Intermediate

Same boat here. I'm the idiot who started the C5Z06 vs 2013 Shelby Cobra in the c5z06 section. I was planning to supercharge my Z, but went with a tv2 cam and headers instead. It's fast,but I think that beast will destroy me after a 1/4 mile run. I kick my butt for not supercharging. No more mods for me cause I plan on getting a new C7.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:18 PM
CandyVette
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran
Lol, Candy you're pretty cool!
Thanks. But to be cool you have to have the baddest machinery and right now I'm in 2nd place in my parking garage. This is terrible but I'm looking forward to when she has to give her loaner up so I can be the baddest in the garage again. 650 hp compared to 436 hp does not compute. I like to have the newest of the new and the baddest of the bad. I don't like coming in 2nd even if it is temporary. I'm very competitive. So....what do you think the C7 hp will be, and what will it take for me to get to 650 and above? I will do whatever it takes to be queen of my parking garage. And I'm not kidding.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:27 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks. But to be cool you have to have the baddest machinery and right now I'm in 2nd place in my parking garage. This is terrible but I'm looking forward to when she has to give her loaner up so I can be the baddest in the garage again. 650 hp compared to 436 hp does not compute. I like to have the newest of the new and the baddest of the bad. I don't like coming in 2nd even if it is temporary. I'm very competitive. So....what do you think the C7 hp will be, and what will it take for me to get to 650 and above? I will do whatever it takes to be queen of my parking garage. And I'm not kidding.
Where did you get the idea that "...to be cool you have to have the baddest machinery..."? Pretty pathetic.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:28 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

A blower. Either in your GS, or in a C7. Then that GT500 will be nothing but a memory.
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh dear... You haven't heard?

GM is installing super-quiet silencers on the exhausts so that the C7 sounds like a Prius. They said it was in response to requests from people living in apartment blocks.

Sorry.
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You should have bought the ZR1. Then you would beat the Mustang on all counts. For that matter, the Z06 could've taken care of that. I'll bet the car you have would be faster on a road course.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:31 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Supercharging alone won't get you above 650 hp. Twin turbochargers will
Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 PM
CandyVette
Drifting

Don't like being called pathetic. Especially when you don't know me. I can afford most anything except a ZR1. Why don't you get to know me before you start calling me names, you might even like me. The car I have would be probably faster on a road course because of two things: the car and the driver. I'm formerly an NCCC high-speed driver so don't diss me. I can keep up with the rest of ya. Just trying to decide if I'm gonna wait until the reveal before I mod my car, and insults don't help any. Think I'll wait until Jan. 13 before I decide.

Get notified of new replies

To How Can We Compete?

Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Yeah just wait until 1/13
Old 12-12-2012, 11:44 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

There will ALWAYS be some car somewhere with:
More horsepower
More torque
Higher lateral G's
Better brakes
Etc....

Well, you get the idea. I do think you're comparing apples and oranges, the Mustang is NOT a sports car. And, at 650HP, the Mustang has more HP than a Ferrari 458 or a McLaren 12C. I am confident that 458/12C owners don't give a damn about that, either.

Enjoy your car, engaging in horspower wars is expensive and ultimately, not very gratifying as you will be queen for a day (or 2) and then someone else will de-throne you.

Jimmy
Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 PM
millpond
Melting Slicks

Received 379 Likes on 197 Posts

Don't like being called pathetic
Nobody does...that was not friendly at all!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How Can We Compete?