Sponsored by:

How many of us are ...

Old 12-12-2012, 06:34 PM
James2002z06
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default How many of us are ...

Guilty of this...
I'm down in Houston Texas and had to work pretty late , by the time that I got to the Hilton near down town parking at the hotel was out of the question ..
Except for this one a..whole he was taking up two spots with his Corvette
While in my truck I started to bad mouth this guy , and then yeah I caught myself , and said James (and I could hear my wife saying your going to **** someone off by parking your car sideways ) anyway I catch myself because yes I'm very guilty of doing what this pretty Silver C5 owner done.
Tell the truth if you have encountered this while in your daily driver!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:46 PM
sbulla
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I have encountered this but, absolutley will NOT do it myself.

Sonny
Old 12-12-2012, 06:46 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 745 Likes on 429 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Not a Corvette. It's usually some POS that somebody didn't know how to park.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:50 PM
James2002z06
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jcsperson
Not a Corvette. It's usually some POS that somebody didn't know how to park.
How can I delete one of these I pushed the iPad button twice not on purpose
Old 12-12-2012, 06:57 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 745 Likes on 429 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by James2002z06
How can I delete one of these I pushed the iPad button twice not on purpose
Go to "Edit" and click "delete."
Old 12-12-2012, 07:20 PM
James2002z06
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jcsperson
Go to "Edit" and click "delete."
Love the iPad but at times I really just want to threw it I guess deleting is not an option
Old 12-12-2012, 08:22 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I have seen it...won't do it....

shoulda went in and ask if they knew whose car it was and had them come park it straight
Old 12-12-2012, 08:24 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by James2002z06
Guilty of this...
I'm down in Houston Texas and had to work pretty late , by the time that I got to the Hilton near down town parking at the hotel was out of the question ..
Except for this one a..whole he was taking up two spots with his Corvette
While in my truck I started to bad mouth this guy , and then yeah I caught myself , and said James (and I could hear my wife saying your going to **** someone off by parking your car sideways ) anyway I catch myself because yes I'm very guilty of doing what this pretty Silver C5 owner done.
Tell the truth if you have encountered this while in your daily driver!!!
I haven't done it but it is excusable if it is a Vette

Personally, I'll walk a mile rather than park near someone.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Oh 2 Fun
Le Mans Master

Received 546 Likes on 234 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '13, '15

I've never been guilty of driving in Houston......

Just sayin'
Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 PM
RxConsult
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen it, but never done it.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Glock 23C
Pro

Received 114 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by RxConsult
I've seen it, but never done it.
Same here!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:16 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Seen it, but never done it. Just asking to have your car messed with.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:18 PM
koldnrg
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
Seen it, but never done it. Just asking to have your car messed with.
I agree! Its like putting a banner on your car "KEY ME"
Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

I was wondering if you had a couple of friends with you and started to kick the guy with the Vette's a$$? Until he pulled a gun...lol
Old 12-12-2012, 09:27 PM
James2002z06
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
I was wondering if you had a couple of friends with you and started to kick the guy with the Vette's a$$? Until he pulled a gun...lol
Your a nut Bill , gotta love your humor man
Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

I park a mile away if i do have to park the vette somewhere. I'm probably going to get bashed on for this but here goes. I NEVER double park BUT I do have an emergency handicap sign to hang on my car if I can't find a good spot. I'm not handicapped at all ( and admit im breaking the law when doing so) but I will not be comfortable ANYWHERE unless my Z is in a safe place. Call me **** but i love my car.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,205 Likes on 13,922 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I've seen a number of people that either take up two space deliberately or just do a screwed up job of parking that they effectively do it even by accident.

I refuse to do it - I do not want to take the chance of someone getting pizzed off and damaging my car.

Get notified of new replies

To How many of us are ...

Old 12-12-2012, 10:35 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Maxx_Z06
I park a mile away if i do have to park the vette somewhere. I'm probably going to get bashed on for this but here goes. I NEVER double park BUT I do have an emergency handicap sign to hang on my car if I can't find a good spot. I'm not handicapped at all ( and admit im breaking the law when doing so) but I will not be comfortable ANYWHERE unless my Z is in a safe place. Call me **** but i love my car.
I know the feeling. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do
Old 12-12-2012, 11:14 PM
pickleseimer
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 212 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by Maxx_Z06
but I will not be comfortable ANYWHERE unless my Z is in a safe place. Call me **** but i love my car.
You think you're ****, huh? LOL!! I can top that!! I've made a life-long study of parking lots!! Here's my decision tree - (all in good fun of course)

1) Do I have to take the Vette? No=take daily driver and stop this madness. Yes=go to next step.

1.1) Do not consider any area that requires parallel parking. If this is your only option, go to step 13.

1.2) Does establishment have more than 17 motorcycles parked in front of it? No=go to step 2. Yes= go to step 13.

1.3) Are you are parking in a motel/hotel lot and staying overnight? Yes=call insurance company before leaving car to pre-file a claim, go to END. No= go to next step.

1.4) Valet parking? Yes= go to step 13.

2) Choose parking space way out in lot that is at least 10 empty spaces away from nearest car. If available go to step 3. If not available, go to step AAA.

3) Is this space near a light pole with an operating light? Yes= go to step 4, No=forget this space and go back to step 2.

4) Does this light pole have a security camera mounted on it with a view of your car? Yes=go to step 5, No=forget this space and go to step 2.

5) Are loose shopping carts just scattered around within 20 parking spaces of chosen spot? Yes= forget this space and go to step 2. No= go to step 6.

6) Are there any individuals loitering in the lot and staring at your car?
Yes= go to step 13. No= go to step 7.

7) Park car, set e-brake, lock doors, set security system. Make sure your concealed weapon is printing as you walk away. Do not waste time looking at hot chicks, aimlessly browsing merchandise or the menu, or smelling the roses. Return promptly, determine if car is still there, inspect for vanadlism, drive away. Optionally leave SO or friend in car with weapon while you complete your business. Go to END.

AAA) Identify potential parking space. Is space on the end of a parking aisle and are you feeling bold today? Yes= go to step 8. No= go to step 13.

8) Is there a minivan in the spot next to the one you have chosen? Yes=discard this space and go to AAA. No= go to step 9.

9) Is the car that you park next to have the passenger door facing your spot? Yes= go to step 10. No=discard this space and go to AAA.

10) Is the spot you have chosen have one of those cart return areas within 2 spaces of your chosen spot? Yes=discard this space and go to step AAA. No=go to step 11.

11) Can you see the car from inside the establishment during the entire time of your visit? Yes= go to step 12). No= discard this space and go to step AAA.

12) Can you cheat a little by parking the car on the marked line for the parking space that puts your car farther away from a potential pasenger door strike from the car next to you (don't go so far as to have passing cars potentially collide with yours because you're overhanging the spot into the traffic lane). Yes=go to step 7. No= go to step 13.

13) Leave immediately, go home, lock Vette in garage, get in daily driver and return to establishment, park anywhere. Enjoy your visit.

END

Last edited by pickleseimer; 12-12-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:19 PM
JaxEagle
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by pickleseimer
You think you're ****, huh? LOL!! I can top that!! I've made a life-long study of parking lots!! Here's my decision tree - (all in good fun of course)

1) Do I have to take the Vette? No=take daily driver and stop this madness. Yes=go to next step.

1.1) Do not consider any area that requires parallel parking. If this is your only option, go to step 13.

1.2) Does establishment have more than 17 motorcycles parked in front of it? No=go to step 2. Yes= go to step 13.

1.3) Are you are parking in a motel/hotel lot and staying overnight? Yes=call insurance company before leaving car to pre-file a claim, go to END. No= go to next step.

1.4) Valet parking? Yes= go to step 13.

2) Choose parking space way out in lot that is at least 10 empty spaces away from nearest car. If available go to step 3. If not available, go to step AAA.

3) Is this space near a light pole with an operating light? Yes= go to step 4, No=forget this space and go back to step 2.

4) Does this light pole have a security camera mounted on it with a view of your car? Yes=go to step 5, No=forget this space and go to step 2.

5) Are loose shopping carts just scattered around within 20 parking spaces of chosen spot? Yes= forget this space and go to step 2. No= go to step 6.

6) Are there any individuals loitering in the lot and staring at your car?
Yes= go to step 13. No= go to step 7.

7) Park car, set e-brake, lock doors, set security system. Make sure your concealed weapon is printing as you walk away. Do not waste time looking at hot chicks, aimlessly browsing merchandise or the menu, or smelling the roses. Return promptly, determine if car is still there, inspect for vanadlism, drive away. Optionally leave SO or friend in car with weapon while you complete your business. Go to END.

AAA) Identify potential parking space. Is space on the end of a parking aisle and are you feeling bold today? Yes= go to step 8. No= go to step 13.

8) Is there a minivan in the spot next to the one you have chosen? Yes=discard this space and go to AAA. No= go to step 9.

9) Is the car that you park next to have the passenger door facing your spot? Yes= go to step 10. No=discard this space and go to AAA.

10) Is the spot you have chosen have one of those cart return areas within 2 spaces of your chosen spot? Yes=discard this space and go to step AAA. No=go to step 11.

11) Can you see the car from inside the establishment during the entire time of your visit? Yes= go to step 12). No= discard this space and go to step AAA.

12) Can you cheat a little by parking the car on the marked line for the parking space that puts your car farther away from a potential pasenger door strike from the car next to you (don't go so far as to have passing cars potentially collide with yours because you're overhanging the spot into the traffic lane). Yes=go to step 7. No= go to step 13.

13) Leave immediately, go home, lock Vette in garage, get in daily driver and return to establishment, park anywhere. Enjoy your visit.

END
Lol!!!

I can totally relate. It drives my wife up the wall... But she could never understand huh...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How many of us are ...