C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

427 oil leak exhaust manifold

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM
markhperry
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 427 oil leak exhaust manifold

67 435. I have oil leaking around my exhaust manifolds. The oil is not coming from the valve cover gasket. It is leaking where the exhaust manifold attaches to the head. I did not think there was oil there. Any ideas? thanks It bubbles at that area.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:39 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by markhperry
67 435. I have oil leaking around my exhaust manifolds. The oil is not coming from the valve cover gasket. It is leaking where the exhaust manifold attaches to the head. I did not think there was oil there. Any ideas? thanks It bubbles at that area.
Are you sure it's oil? There's no oil under pressure in the heads.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 PM
midyearvette
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by markhperry
Originally Posted by JohnZ
Are you sure it's oil? There's no oil under pressure in the heads.
i bet the manifold is loose or you do indeed have a valve cover leak

interesting true story;....i once worked on a bb with the same problem and the issue was very bad valve seals and guides. when i pulled the intake, the heat plenum under the intake must have drained a half quart of oil!....obviously the intake gaskets were stock with no heat restrictors and all the extra oil in the manifold along with no exhaust gaskets at the manifolds and slightly loose manifold bolts made oil leak from that area you are talking about
this may not be your issue but i thought i would share fwiw......
Old 12-10-2012, 05:49 PM
markhperry
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks it looks like oil. I will check exhaust bolts. Could it possibly be gas mixed with oil.

Get notified of new replies

To 427 oil leak exhaust manifold

Quick Reply: 427 oil leak exhaust manifold