Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

value of a convertible

Old 12-01-2012, 08:51 PM
#93zhz
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 55K mile stock 1989 corvette convertible for sale or trade

I have a stock low mileage automatic 1989 corvette convertible for sale or trade She has 55K miles clean inside and out everything is stock and works. The only issue is the plastic window in the top is cracked $9000 OBO
Here is a link to my ad http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/3453847593.html
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by #93zhz; 12-05-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Y-ME
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Depends on how fast you want to sell it. 10k and wait, or 7k and fast, Or less from me and now.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:33 AM
#93zhz
Navigator

Originally Posted by Y-ME
Depends on how fast you want to sell it. 10k and wait, or 7k and fast, Or less from me and now.
Thanks thats what I thought. I have it posted on craigslist for $9000 OBO or trade. Here is a link to my ad. http://salem.craigslist.org/cto/3448648173.html
The car is in Oregon so shipping is up to the buyer.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:58 AM
CRUZN C4
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I'd agree that anywhere between 7 and 10 is fair. The top can be replaced.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:59 AM
anciano
Burning Brakes

It never hurts to try, right?...but I doubt if you will get anything near $9K. My '94 has more miles(95K) but a lot of new parts and a factory hardtop, and I can't even get a CL nibble at $8800. I'm thinking I'll have to go down to $7500 just to get somebody to read the ad, or accept one of the several offers I've had to trade for a motorcycle. In that vein, I'll bet you will get more trade offers than outright buyers. Folks don't have cash right now for toys, but they are willing to swap around.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:58 PM
#93zhz
Navigator

Originally Posted by anciano
It never hurts to try, right?...but I doubt if you will get anything near $9K. My '94 has more miles(95K) but a lot of new parts and a factory hardtop, and I can't even get a CL nibble at $8800. I'm thinking I'll have to go down to $7500 just to get somebody to read the ad, or accept one of the several offers I've had to trade for a motorcycle. In that vein, I'll bet you will get more trade offers than outright buyers. Folks don't have cash right now for toys, but they are willing to swap around.
Trades are fine!!! I put a cash price so I hopefully can stop the "I will trade you my 85 honda with 18" wheels and a old non running jet ski" folks.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:03 PM
anciano
Burning Brakes

You have to be a little specific on what you will accept in trade. All of the offers I have had were (more or less) reasonable, although only a couple were things I would consider -- both motorcycles. I also said I'd trade for an econobox like a Sentra or Corolla, but the offers of an Aveo, a PT Cruiser and an HHR I got did not hit the target.

It's fun opening email every day to see what comes over the transom, though. You never know. I also look at CL (put "trade" in the search box) to see if anyone else out there is fishing.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:26 PM
#93zhz
Navigator

Originally Posted by anciano
You have to be a little specific on what you will accept in trade. All of the offers I have had were (more or less) reasonable, although only a couple were things I would consider -- both motorcycles. I also said I'd trade for an econobox like a Sentra or Corolla, but the offers of an Aveo, a PT Cruiser and an HHR I got did not hit the target.

It's fun opening email every day to see what comes over the transom, though. You never know. I also look at CL (put "trade" in the search box) to see if anyone else out there is fishing.
I guess we will see what if anything gets offered. If not it can sit until spring when convertibles sell. One guy said my car is worth no more then 3 grand because the c4's are crap and the motor is the only thing worth anything.

Last edited by #93zhz; 12-03-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:47 PM
CHARGED UP
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

I was in similiar situation. I had a 1996 vert with 23k with hardtop option. I had kicked around idea of selling outright asking 16K as car was a 99% car, not a 100 because undercarriage & engine compartment were nice but not detailed. After about a month of just letting people know it was for sale and not even an offer (even from people who said if I ever sell call them 1st ) <there are a million of these people who state this but rarely mean it when it comes down to the green. On a whim my daughter was in need of a car (she travels a lot of highway miles at night)and her car was getting a bit old and as a Father I started to worry as this world is getting crazier every minute. On Wednesday I took it to a Toyota dealer who first offered 12k which I quickly stated I wanted to be at 16 to which he responded to high and wrong time of year for a vert. I left.Over the next 4 hours by e mail & text we came to a deal. I accepted 14,400 plus the 7% tax credit on trade and at 7:30 that night drove back 3 miles and drove out at 9pm with apretty sharp Camry SE sport pearl white with all options including nav. I had priced car outright first with no trade so I feel good I got 15k with tax credit. Now I start the process as I am retiring soon. C7, C6, C5 . I have had a C5 Z06 & a C6 in past and really liked both and with price of C7 probably prohibitive come spring I will be searching the forum for my 8th vet. Your asking is fair and depending on your cash flow I would not give it away. My experience with C4's has been excellent also having owned a 93 & this 96 so the crap part may pertain to what he has seen. GLWS
Old 12-05-2012, 07:40 PM
#93zhz
Navigator

Originally Posted by CHARGED UP
I was in similiar situation. I had a 1996 vert with 23k with hardtop option. I had kicked around idea of selling outright asking 16K as car was a 99% car, not a 100 because undercarriage & engine compartment were nice but not detailed. After about a month of just letting people know it was for sale and not even an offer (even from people who said if I ever sell call them 1st ) <there are a million of these people who state this but rarely mean it when it comes down to the green. On a whim my daughter was in need of a car (she travels a lot of highway miles at night)and her car was getting a bit old and as a Father I started to worry as this world is getting crazier every minute. On Wednesday I took it to a Toyota dealer who first offered 12k which I quickly stated I wanted to be at 16 to which he responded to high and wrong time of year for a vert. I left.Over the next 4 hours by e mail & text we came to a deal. I accepted 14,400 plus the 7% tax credit on trade and at 7:30 that night drove back 3 miles and drove out at 9pm with apretty sharp Camry SE sport pearl white with all options including nav. I had priced car outright first with no trade so I feel good I got 15k with tax credit. Now I start the process as I am retiring soon. C7, C6, C5 . I have had a C5 Z06 & a C6 in past and really liked both and with price of C7 probably prohibitive come spring I will be searching the forum for my 8th vet. Your asking is fair and depending on your cash flow I would not give it away. My experience with C4's has been excellent also having owned a 93 & this 96 so the crap part may pertain to what he has seen. GLWS
Thanks for the info I would like to see it go to a good home but like you said I wont give it away. I am pretty sure $9000 is fair but it is a bad time of year so we will see if somebody makes a decent cash offer on her. No I wont take $4000 cash
Old 12-07-2012, 01:32 AM
#93zhz
Navigator

Medical issues force a new price $6000 cash and its yours
Old 12-07-2012, 02:23 PM
#93zhz
Navigator

Sold sold
Old 12-07-2012, 02:53 PM
anciano