Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 - Review

Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM
keeks2915
Drifting

Received 154 Likes on 42 Posts

Default C7 - Review

I didn't want this post to get lost in another thread so I am copying it here.

I am not connected to GM in any way and I am not a shill.

I respect everyone's opinion both ways on the partial info that has been released to date. That is what makes the world go round.

Here goes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEJ
Keeks, you have a stellar reputation on this forum so I want to ask: you say the C7 looks drop dead gorgeous (My words, not quoting) in person, right? So what do you think of these pictures? I think these picture show a hideous design. Does the "real" car look that much better? Because I can't see these renders tranferring to a beautiful design.
Talk to me fellow Canadian!

If you are a corvette guy you know that feeling you get when you are alone in the garage just staring at your car. That feeling you get when you are gently washing it caressing all its curves.
That goose bump feeling you get when you pass some slow poke maybe a hair too aggressively.
That feeling you get when you know all eyes are on you when you get out of the car at the corner store.
When that 7 year old boy walking with his mother visually locks on your car screaming at his mother to look as he points at your car with all his focus.
That is the C7 in the flesh....

You will hear crickets on this forum January 14th from the doubters, even more so when they see the first auto transport truck drive by or when the THAT guy in town orders his double double from Tim Horton's right in front of you idling his LT1 with those beautiful tailights.

I will be THAT guy.

Last edited by keeks2915; 12-05-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:35 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It must look a lot better than the pictures then, lol

(It very well might...the pictures just don't impress me or give me a since of longing to own it, and yes, I understand they're renderings at this point).

I'm hoping for the best

Last edited by FloydSummerOf68; 12-05-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:36 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

First year of new model.
All new engine.
Temporarily outsourced trans.
Styling?

Best of luck.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:37 PM
larryfdx
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by keeks2915

I respect everyone's opinion both ways on the partial info that has been released to date. That is what makes the world go round.

Here goes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEJ
Keeks, you have a stellar reputation on this forum so I want to ask: you say the C7 looks drop dead gorgeous (My words, not quoting) in person, right? So what do you think of these pictures? I think these picture show a hideous design. Does the "real" car look that much better? Because I can't see these renders tranferring to a beautiful design.

If you are a corvette guy you know that feeling you get when you are alone in the garage just staring at your car. That feeling you get when you are gently washing it caressing all its curves.
That goose bump feeling you get when you pass some slow poke maybe a hair too aggressively.
That feeling you get when you know all eyes are on you when you get out of the car at the corner store.
When that 7 year old boy walking with his mother visually locks on your car screaming at his mother to look as he points at your car with all his focus.

You will hear crickets on this forum January 14th from the doubters, even more so when they see the first auto transport truck drive by or when the THAT guy in town orders his double double from Tim Horton's right in front of you idling his LT1 with those beautiful tailights.

I will be THAT guy.
Double-double = double cream and double sugar in American English speak!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,208 Likes on 13,924 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I'll reserve my judgement for when I actually get to see the car in person, but I do like what I see so far with the exception of the rear end.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:52 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Here goes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEJ

I will be THAT guy.
Anybody got any tissue?
Old 12-05-2012, 03:54 PM
zorasdream
Racer

Received 183 Likes on 88 Posts

The side and front of the car are ok, but gm is gonna make a lot of unhappy potential buyers if the rear of the car looks like a camaro.
Keeks I think this is a bigger issue then you realize.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:11 PM
TractionControlOff
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

There was a huge change in styling between '62 and '63. That turned out alright. It happened again for 1968. That turned out alright, too. It changed again for 1984. While many don't like the C4 (I do), that turned out alright as well, especially at the time. The C5 and C6 weren't as drastic changes, so this kind of jump hasn't happened in a while...almost 30 years. I'm sure once we all see the C7, we'll like it. At least 95% of us will.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:15 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I'm getting one!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Process Black
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ed Welburn has been consistently cursing the renderings we've been seeing ever since that first Jalopnik render hit the web saying that some have come close but they lack important details that make or break the design. Being in the design business, I know exactly how he feels.

Check out 47:20 to see one of his reactions.

We have a good idea of what it's going to look like, but there's no way any of us can make a judgement yet.

I'm very much looking forward to see what the team has created and can't wait to be the first kid on my block to have one in their garage.

C7 is going to be the cat's pajamas.

Last edited by Process Black; 12-05-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Man, I can't believe someone has put my inner private feelings in words so perfectly. YOU ARE GOOD MAN!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:41 PM
mitchydkid
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 85 Posts

First, thank you Keeks for all your input.

Second, here are my thoughts, and very few give those any value.
BAD
-I hated the Jalopnik drawings and we all know now those are 9x% accurate. That's our car.
-The design is busy and looks too much like a hacked up, screwed and glued Pep-Boys accessory clad C6.
-I was hoping for something fresh.

GOOD
-Keeks, you give me hope... no.. excitement when you tell us how good the car is.
-Keeks nailed it in this post... describing the joys of driving my Vette. I especially love it when a kid in my neighborhood acquires radar lock and follows with his mouth agape as I drive by.
-If Keeks says the C7 will look great, I am excited that it will. I've always loved the C6, but the C5 was FUGLY when I first saw it in magazines. In real life it made my heart pause... before beating much faster.
-Camaro back end? C'mon, lets get over this already. I'm in total agreement that the pictures I've seen so far are horrible, but I am so tired about hearing about it. Pretty please?
-Even with all its Camaro cues, I bet the real life rear end will be much more aggressive and have strong impact.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:50 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

keeks, When seen in the flesh , does it remind you of the C3 ? Does it have a smaller waist than the C6?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:55 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,069 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Keeks I'm with you.

I put my deposit on my C7 last month.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:04 PM
keeks2915
Drifting

Originally Posted by John T
keeks, When seen in the flesh , does it remind you of the C3 ? Does it have a smaller waist than the C6?
Doesn't really remind me of C3, but the butt is definitely smaller than C6.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:13 PM
MEJ
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Keeks, I'm wondering: will you reveal how you know so much once the C7 is out? I think a lot of us want to know your connection to the C7.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:16 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Doesn't really remind me of C3, but the butt is definitely smaller than C6.
Ok, thanks !

Get notified of new replies

To C7 - Review

Old 12-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must have missed some posts. So, he's literally seen it "in the flesh"?? I'm not the naive type, but that's exactly the words I'm reading.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:43 PM
keeks2915
Drifting

Originally Posted by MEJ
Hey Keeks, I'm wondering: will you reveal how you know so much once the C7 is out? I think a lot of us want to know your connection to the C7.

Thanks in advance.
I have no real connection to the c7 corvette.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:45 PM
keeks2915
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide
I must have missed some posts. So, he's literally seen it "in the flesh"?? I'm not the naive type, but that's exactly the words I'm reading.
I'm just like everyone here. I'm sure the actually number who have seen it in the flesh is very small.

I am just making educated guesses....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 - Review