Sponsored by:

C7 rear

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 08:50 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Default C7 rear

does anyone else think the rear of the c7 will look more like a c6 with the bpp diffuser (the one sold for stock c6 exhausts) than what the renderings have made it out to be?

The rear spoiler looks very close to that of the c6 and the taillights are apparently going to be round... I wonder if the bumper is going to be a flat as it was in the pictures

It seems that the car the jalopnick people were shown was intentionally let out as a way to disseminate bad information...
Old 11-30-2012, 08:59 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by el es tu
does anyone else think the rear of the c7 will look more like a c6 with the bpp diffuser (the one sold for stock c6 exhausts) than what the renderings have made it out to be?

The rear spoiler looks very close to that of the c6 and the taillights are apparently going to be round... I wonder if the bumper is going to be a flat as it was in the pictures

It seems that the car the jalopnick people were shown was intentionally let out as a way to disseminate bad information...

I see it differently.

Have you seen the keeksCAD ? That is the back of the C7.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:12 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Originally Posted by John T
[/B]
I see it differently.

Have you seen the keeksCAD ? That is the back of the C7.
I would be surprised if the finished car looked like that...
Old 11-30-2012, 09:20 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

el es tu , Take a peek at the rear fascia of the Ferrari 458 and look at the black around the tailights , the positioning of the exhaust and the surrounding lower bodywork.
I believe GM took cues from this "look".
Old 11-30-2012, 09:20 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Better get used to it. Keeks even said the C&D version was "it". Everything points to it being like that from Jalopnik to Omega to Keeks to C&D. The only question in my mind are the fine details.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:22 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

When I see it,I'll let you know.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Originally Posted by John T
el es tu , Take a peek at the rear fascia of the Ferrari 458 and look at the black around the tailights , the positioning of the exhaust and the surrounding lower bodywork.
I believe GM took cues from this "look".
toward the lower rear it seems very 458-ish

Originally Posted by BlueOx
Better get used to it. Keeks even said the C&D version was "it". Everything points to it being like that from Jalopnik to Omega to Keeks to C&D. The only question in my mind are the fine details.
The way the bumper is cut straight inward midway down and then has those flat sections is enough to push me away from buying a c7 and just getting a second c6 (imo the shape of the rear of the c6 is the best looking on any car out there). Maybe a nice used z07 or zr1 will be in a better price range in 2 years...

Old 11-30-2012, 09:52 AM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

I think some of the renderings we've seen - Trinity, CD, Jalopnik are missing it on the back.

They have the back glass as almost a square sheet. I think it'll taper at the decklid opening and line up visually with the quadrangle on the license plate surround and the exhaust area below that.

Also everybody shows some sort of housing around the tailights. Maybe, but it could be body color.

I tweaked one of Trinity's frames - I'm a little rusty on my quick and dirty Photoshop skills -

Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I think you nailed it!!! Pretty much matches every thing we have seen and general outline on camo cars.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:09 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller
I think some of the renderings we've seen - Trinity, CD, Jalopnik are missing it on the back.

They have the back glass as almost a square sheet. I think it'll taper at the decklid opening and line up visually with the quadrangle on the license plate surround and the exhaust area below that.

Also everybody shows some sort of housing around the tailights. Maybe, but it could be body color.

I tweaked one of Trinity's frames - I'm a little rusty on my quick and dirty Photoshop skills -

There is a lot 'missing' about this version of the C7. I agree the hatch glass will taper.

As much as I agree about the tail light housings, I am pretty convinced that those tail light housings will not be body colored from the factory. I mean, why bother making them that shape unless you are highlighting them? Give it a few months and guys will be painting them body color and buying faux carbon fiber versions of them, just like the GS logo.

The vertical 'lights' at each side of the back end of this image are actually vents. The spy shots and Keeks CADs confirm that.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:10 AM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I think the rendering is missing the double ridge on the front fenders, it runs aft of the headlights. There is evidence of this in one of the engine bay photos.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:17 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Larry/car
I think the rendering is missing the double ridge on the front fenders, it runs aft of the headlights. There is evidence of this in one of the engine bay photos.
I think we may find that is just an anomaly of the CAD image. I would find it hard to imagine that kind of fender line.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Me too. I still find it hard to believe that the lights on Keeks CAD drawing are accurate. I am sure GM made hundreds of CAD drawing with multiple rear end treatments, the one keeks provided may be one of them but who's to say it is THE one.

The rear lights (the shape they appeared to be as the lights shined through) on the latest video as the car was driving away from the camera, do not look like the photo keeks provided.

And I still believe keeks was leaked that CAD drawing for a reason...yeah I said it. I find it a little hard to believe a leak of that magnitude just happens...

Having said all this, and I am not a big fan of these videos GM is providing us, but this latest video has perked my attention; specifically the part where the engineer is discussing the steering and overall driving feel. One negative about the C5 and C6 IMO is that they are very difficult to drive fast. At speed, they don't make me feel confident. The car itself is very capable but I feel you need to be almost a professional driver in order to feel confident that you are not going to kill yourself in a vette.

If the C7 engineers have figured out a way to give me Porsche GT3 steering feel coupled with the always impressive corvette HP numbers, the C7 will be a huge hit and I will be waiting in line with some of you no matter the taillight treatment.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

:

looking on any car out there). Maybe a nice used z07 or zr1 will be in a better price range in 2 years...

If the C7 doesn't do it for me, C6 ZO7 or C6 ZR1 is exactly the direction I am going.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:55 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
Having said all this, and I am not a big fan of these videos GM is providing us, but this latest video has perked my attention; specifically the part where the engineer is discussing the steering and overall driving feel. One negative about the C5 and C6 IMO is that they are very difficult to drive fast. At speed, they don't make me feel confident. The car itself is very capable but I feel you need to be almost a professional driver in order to feel confident that you are not going to kill yourself in a vette.

If the C7 engineers have figured out a way to give me Porsche GT3 steering feel coupled with the always impressive corvette HP numbers, the C7 will be a huge hit and I will be waiting in line with some of you no matter the taillight treatment.
aftermarket suspension components (poly bushings or all metal bearings) and better tires go a long way for that. I dont understand why american car companies tend to make their cars feel so disconnected... I remember driving an fbody for the first time and wondering what was messed up to make the car feel that way...
Old 11-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

aftermarket suspension components (poly bushings or all metal bearings) and better tires go a long way for that. I dont understand why american car companies tend to make their cars feel so disconected... I remember driving an fbody for the first time and wondering what was messed up to make the car feel that way...
good to know in case I go the C6 ZO7/ZR1 route. I just am not too fond of modding $90k+ cars....
Old 11-30-2012, 11:25 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by BlueOx
I think we may find that is just an anomaly of the CAD image. I would find it hard to imagine that kind of fender line.
Then explain this.

Suggesting this from the StingRay Concept.

But I agree that is a long shot and the C7 could be camouflaged to look that way on purpose.

But then again that look does pop up in other Cads and Camos.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 rear

Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 AM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by blueox
better get used to it. Keeks even said the c&d version was "it". Everything points to it being like that from jalopnik to omega to keeks to c&d. The only question in my mind are the fine details.
just one very hypothetical situation; should the c7 not resemble or is a little different than jalopnlk, keeks, c&d whoever, is their credibility shot on this forum? Blue ox you seem dead set and believe every word and picture they say and use that this is the car. I hope for their sake and yours (not mine though) that this is the car.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:17 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller

That's better......................... especially without the "KISS" eye shadow around the tail lights!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:45 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
Me too. I still find it hard to believe that the lights on Keeks CAD drawing are accurate. I am sure GM made hundreds of CAD drawing with multiple rear end treatments, the one keeks provided may be one of them but who's to say it is THE one.

The rear lights (the shape they appeared to be as the lights shined through) on the latest video as the car was driving away from the camera, do not look like the photo keeks provided.

And I still believe keeks was leaked that CAD drawing for a reason...yeah I said it. I find it a little hard to believe a leak of that magnitude just happens...

If the C7 engineers have figured out a way to give me Porsche GT3 steering feel coupled with the always impressive corvette HP numbers,
the C7 will be a huge hit and I will be waiting in line with some of you no matter the taillight treatment.
If this happens I would recommend they be "Knighted" by the Queen of England

Quick Reply: C7 rear