Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] see ya guys

Old 11-29-2012, 07:50 PM
chadyellowz06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default see ya guys

I'm out evertime I make a posts it seems the mods lock me down....this is my last post on this forum good luck to you guys...i've posted vids on the valve issue and i think i helped a few....but the mods on this site love me.. funny though i proved them wrong time to throw in the towel......also you can check the pedestals...i'm sure this has taken some ls7's down...but not all...i got 4 sets here and the pedestals are fine...so in the heads that i have looks like heat from the exhaust valve....john you live close to me i would love to stop by an show you these heads...

Last edited by chadyellowz06; 11-29-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Chad

You know you can't stay away.

Third times a charm anyways.

S
Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 PM
chadyellowz06
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
Chad

You know you can't stay away.

Third times a charm anyways.

S
na i'm done man..but your on my fb list so you will get updates
Old 11-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

FWIW, I think your observations & comments do contribute to the elevation of the knowledge base about the
cylinder heads/valve-train matters at hand. And I haven't read everything that you have written, either...still learning.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:46 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Well whether you know it or not, your persistence on the valve issue, ended up helping out a lot of people. More than you know.

For a long time, there were people, myself included, who insisted that there was no valve issue.

Now it is near universally accepted that there is. Only the hardest of the diehards continue to insist that there is no valve issue. And they number few on this board. They are as rare as hen's teeth in here. Indeed, it is to the point to where no one who is astute and observant in here can continue to deny that there is an issue. Your position on the matter, has contributed to what we are seeing now in here with regard to the attitude people are taking on this issue.

To the benefit of this forum membership, the valve issue is taken a lot more seriously now than it was. You had a hand in that.

To the point to where other members are being encouraged to check their geometry, and take steps to protect themselves from valve failures. To the point to where GM has come in here and made at least a token acknowledgment if nothing else. That doesn't happen if people aren't persistent in insisting that there is and was an issue.

These are things which would have been unheard of and scoffed at just a short time ago. Now everybody is listening. Especially with 2009 cars failing and guides being found out of spec in new cars with as few as 4,000 miles.

Give yourself at least some credit for what we are seeing today, in terms of the efforts that people are taking to protect themselves, whatever those efforts might be.

Just take your own vacation. Just impose a 3 month or so ban on yourself and see how you feel.

If you feel like coming back, then come back. If not, well then give it some more time.

Oh, and put some shoes on.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 11-29-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:49 PM
ghoust
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't even knew you existed...
Old 11-29-2012, 08:54 PM
OJCrush08
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chadyellowz06
I'm out evertime I make a posts it seems the mods lock me down....this is my last post on this forum good luck to you guys...i've posted vids on the valve issue and i think i helped a few....but the mods on this site love me.. funny though i proved them wrong time to throw in the towel......also you can check the pedestals...i'm sure this has taken some ls7's down...but not all...i got 4 sets here and the pedestals are fine...so in the heads that i have looks like heat from the exhaust valve....john you live close to me i would love to stop by an show you these heads...
Yeah, you did contribute to our knowledge base and the hole in my wallet caused by having WCCH replace my heads completely! I think GM owes us some engineering fees, paid out from the money they didn't spend to address this problem and support their customers.

Over on the C7 Forum, some folks are going nutz over any tidbit about the new Vette. Somehow, given all the new tech (new to GM) they are putting in it, I guessing we are not the last GM customers to encounter product quality issues...

How we all loved to drink the Kool Aid...
Old 11-29-2012, 09:08 PM
chadyellowz06
Instructor

Originally Posted by ghoust
I didn't even knew you existed...
changed names was z0sicktanner
Old 11-29-2012, 09:09 PM
chadyellowz06
Instructor

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
Well whether you know it or not, your persistence on the valve issue, ended up helping out a lot of people. More than you know.

For a long time, there were people, myself included, who insisted that there was no valve issue.

Now it is near universally accepted that there is. Only the hardest of the diehards continue to insist that there is no valve issue. And they number few on this board. They are as rare as hen's teeth in here. Indeed, it is to the point to where no one who is astute and observant in here can continue to deny that there is an issue. Your position on the matter, has contributed to what we are seeing now in here with regard to the attitude people are taking on this issue.

To the benefit of this forum membership, the valve is taken a lot more seriously now than it was. You had a hand in that.

To the point to where other members are being encouraged to check their geometry, and take steps to protect themselves from valve failures. To the point to where GM has come in here and made at least a token acknowledgment if nothing else. That doesn't happen if people aren't persistent in insisting that there is and was an issue.

These are things which would have been unheard of and scoffed at just a short time ago. Now everybody is listening. Especially with 2009 cars failing and guides being found out of spec in new cars with as few as 4,000 miles.

Give yourself at least some credit for what we are seeing today, in terms of the efforts that people are taking to protect themselves, whatever those efforts might be.

Just take your own vacation. Just impose a 3 month or so ban on yourself and see how you feel.

If you feel like coming back, then come back. If not, well then give it some more time.

Oh, and put some shoes on.
Thanks for the kind words Ricky....
Old 11-29-2012, 10:10 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 256 Posts

Just stay, we all have bad days
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think we all have those days, but you have to make your own choices.

:
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 PM
1320IN9
Le Mans Master

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

dont let the mods run you out of town, your knowledge and videos are great informational tools that we have all learned from, the MODS are just exhaust valve ****.... stick around man
Old 11-29-2012, 10:55 PM
2000FRCZ19
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I know the post was locked down but I find it funny because this thread is about the gms own car lol. I understand the frustration.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/c6-z06...m-cam-lgs.html
Old 11-29-2012, 11:15 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

No don't go! If I would have posted about the protest at the dealer...... they lock any thread like that. But that said, you have been trying to help here and many do notice.

I share your feeling's and flustration's on the ls-7! But your like me sometime's we get too wrapped up.

So can I can understand your feeling to go. But hang-on to the Brotherhood here!
The whole story is still coming out !
Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 PM
arkus
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why are there so many Zo6's for sale here in the Corvette forum ?

I know the new vette is coming out but WOW
Old 11-29-2012, 11:27 PM
gatti-man
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Dude who cares if people ban you or lock threads. It's just an Internet forum. I mean if you have to go I understand but its just written words on a screen. Back when everyone rode me and trolled me 24/7 I honestly didn't care in the slightest.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 AM
chadyellowz06
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2000FRCZ19
I know the post was locked down but I find it funny because this thread is about the gms own car lol. I understand the frustration.
And that was one reason I posted it up..that same gm told me he never heard of the issue...his son sold his z06 a few months ago and now has a zr1 quess what? you got it ss valves...I know a guy that works there so I hear alot that goes on

Get notified of new replies

To see ya guys

Old 11-30-2012, 12:05 AM
chadyellowz06
Instructor

Originally Posted by gatti-man
Dude who cares if people ban you or lock threads. It's just an Internet forum. I mean if you have to go I understand but its just written words on a screen. Back when everyone rode me and trolled me 24/7 I honestly didn't care in the slightest.
true but ppl know now that there is an issue...been reading alot of posts to catch up on whats been happening here the last few weeks....my job is done here....good luck to you guys...and change your exhaust valves to ss
Old 11-30-2012, 12:10 AM
chadyellowz06
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2000FRCZ19
hey you should come out to the publix in winter haven on friday nights...we have a big turn out of cars there from about 9-12pm
Old 11-30-2012, 01:06 AM
Mike.D
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
Just stay, we all have bad days

i agree, don't leave.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] see ya guys