C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 Bumper on the C6 Coupe done without Z06 Fenders Thread SOLUTION TO FITMENT

Old 11-22-2012, 06:28 PM
corvetta81
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06 Bumper on the C6 Coupe done without Z06 Fenders Thread SOLUTION TO FITMENT

I own a 2007 C6 coupe Corvette , and i want to have the front Zo6 look without having to purchase the z06 front fenders.

i went thru all threads on the process, some threads were to old and some were not updated with real results.

One of the things i want to stay away from is the aftermarket bumpers been sold cause some really look bad and some are just made of fiberglass wich is an easy way to crack ur bumper, on top of all that there has been many threads were people are just having problems with fitment on the aftremarket ones so if im going to have a fitment issue id rather have it on the oem Z06 bumper vs an aftermarket bumper.

Ok now that we have covered im not going to install z06 fenders and that i dont want to use anything aftermarket as they dont seem to work properly

lets begin

i went thru different threads showing different pics on how the Z06 front bumper wont fit , Wont Fit is just words to me .....

lets see what dosent fit mean in the real world

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...-model-c6.html

in the link above u can see , the bumper will fit fine except for the end of the fender to were it meets the fender

So it fits 90% fine on the C6 coupe , the only issue is we need to fix that 10% fitment issue on the Bumper wich to me looks fixable

How can we male that 10% fixable ?

Im willing to come up with a solution , even if it just need to have a CnC bracket made to the bumper can rest properly , it looks to me that the bumper corner needs something to pull it in so it dosent stick out so much

if we put our heads to work we can have a bracket or a bumper modification done to the Z06 bumper so it works properly , i think the issue here was that people say it dosent fit and just leave it at that ........ but im all game to make it fit properly even if a bracket has to be made .

To be honest im surprised it just a 10% or less fitment issue and not many people hae looked for a way to make it work .

If u are going to jump in the thread to be negative please dont post i created this thread to look for a solution as i know there are alot of C6 owners wanting to do the Z06 bumper swap and are nor clear on why it dosent fit

im shocked at how many people but the SIC or other aftermarket bumpers and had the time to fix fitment issues and didnt have the time to fix the fitment issue on the oem Z06 to C6 front bumper swap.

im open to fabricating a Bracket or a real solution to this issue using the correct materials and the correct fab work to the bumper to make it fit properly

Thanks and i know that if we work together we can make this happen , maybe someone already found a solution and never posted it
Old 11-22-2012, 06:29 PM
corvetta81
Cruising

What are the part numbers and name of parts needed to order at GM so i can have the Z06 bumper shipped to me and start the process

im not sure if the fog lights are the same , i want to make sure we make a clear list on what needs to be orderd

Thanks
Old 11-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Guinzu
Instructor

very interesting thread, subscribing
Old 11-22-2012, 06:46 PM
YELW 06 Z51
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fog lights are the same
Old 11-22-2012, 08:04 PM
debo
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This is a great thread to start because I'm sure this bumper can work with some small modifications.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:35 PM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Your better off buying a set of Grand Sport front fenders (I payed $400 for mine) to go with your z06 front bumper.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:12 PM
corvetta81
Cruising

Originally Posted by speedraider
Your better off buying a set of Grand Sport front fenders (I payed $400 for mine) to go with your z06 front bumper.
if the Grandsport fenders are done on the C6 along with the Z06 front Bumper, do the wheels need to be upgraded still ?

i know that z06 fenders and z06 bumper on a C6 will need wheels as wider fenders fron z06 will look silly without wheels
Old 11-22-2012, 11:26 PM
corvetta81
Cruising

im open to sme custom Fab to get the Z06 Bumper fitted to the C6 , but i would like to talk to someone that has done the mod

Im tired about hearing it dosent Fit ....... i know that we can make it fit and in a Neat way

Anyone willing to give me any feedback on how u installed it and the fitment issue if it was corected or if u have any ideas
Old 11-23-2012, 04:14 AM
narfdanarf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even if you got the gaps close and the edge pulled in, it still looks really bad with the different profile on the edge. Can't fix that without major body work, which would be significantly more than buying an aftermarket bumper.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:33 AM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetta81
im open to sme custom Fab to get the Z06 Bumper fitted to the C6 , but i would like to talk to someone that has done the mod

Im tired about hearing it dosent Fit ....... i know that we can make it fit and in a Neat way

Anyone willing to give me any feedback on how u installed it and the fitment issue if it was corected or if u have any ideas
pm sent
Old 11-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I have to think a body shop with a plastic welder or bumper repair experience could do it. You have too much material and have to do something with it.

You will need new wheels or adapters if you go with Grand Sport fenders.

I will say the full Grand Sport Treatment on my car completely changed the tone of the car. It went from a "normal" car to a car that gets noticed...not that I always like that.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:51 AM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

There's been pics posted of the Z06 bumper on C6. Some looked really bad while there were several that looked great.

To me, IMHO, If you take the time to do it properly you have a good finish fit. If I were doing the same job I'd take the time just to prove the nay sayers wrong, But that's just me...

2008 Vert

Owned since new in 2007

www.c6c7vette.com
Old 11-23-2012, 10:54 AM
C6RaceCar
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by speedraider
This duh.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Rob 99
I'm "Apache" a psycho dog
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Someone here on the board posted recently that they had just the Zo6 scoop piece blended or cut into the stock bumper by there body shop,
i have to see if i can find that thread.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:36 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Rob 99
Someone here on the board posted recently that they had just the Zo6 scoop piece blended or cut into the stock bumper by there body shop,
i have to see if i can find that thread.
To me this is the best way to do it.
If you bought the GS fenders, you would then have to do the rear quarters too, so now you have gone from just a bumper, which I am assuming you just wanted the look and a minimal expense, to a full blown widebody expense.
Find a broken Z, or GS front bumper, cut the scoop out and have a good body shop put it in your factory bumper.
No fitment issues to deal with.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Bumper on the C6 Coupe done without Z06 Fenders Thread SOLUTION TO FITMENT

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Z06 Bumper on the C6 Coupe done without Z06 Fenders Thread SOLUTION TO FITMENT