C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window won't roll up.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:53 PM
snoopdan
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Window won't roll up.

..and no, it doesn't seem to be a re-indexing issue and I haven't tried it either.

Basically, the retards at the shop that it was at let the battery run down, and the entire car lost power at one point. I needed to get a new battery anyway so I put one in. Window wouldn't roll up...but it would roll down (or try to roll down further until it stopped) Push on it to roll up and you hear some noise as if the motor was actuating then you hear a relay click...thats it.

Any thoughts before I pull the door panel?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:32 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

You have to reindex the windows. It's in the manual.

I "think" you put the car in ACC mode and hold the up position of both window buttons for 3 seconds. Check the manual it has the full procedure. Pretty easy. You don't have to remove the door panel.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:05 PM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,107 Likes on 689 Posts

May be window regulator.

This TSB says funny acting power window may be the exterior door switch.
#08-08-64-001B: EI08034-Power Window/Regulator Concerns, Inoperative, Intermittent, Indexing, Continuous Up and Down (Diagnose Door Handle Switch, Replace if Necessary) - (May 30, 2008)
Old 10-29-2012, 08:52 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by snoopdan
..and no, it doesn't seem to be a re-indexing issue and I haven't tried it either.

Basically, the retards at the shop that it was at let the battery run down, and the entire car lost power at one point. I needed to get a new battery anyway so I put one in. Window wouldn't roll up...but it would roll down (or try to roll down further until it stopped) Push on it to roll up and you hear some noise as if the motor was actuating then you hear a relay click...thats it.

Any thoughts before I pull the door panel?
It probably just needs to be re-indexed. Read the manual!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:09 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I've replaced both of my window regulators in the last year or so. I had the same problem. First the passenger window and six months later the drivers.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Old Coot
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedlink
It probably just needs to be re-indexed. Read the manual!
Make sure the door is closed when you try to roll it up. I had the same problem when my battery was down. After recharging the battery, I tried to close window with door open and it would nnot go all the way up. Closed the door and the window went all the way up. Then reindexed it.

Get notified of new replies

To Window won't roll up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Window won't roll up.