Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

95 corvette 383 C.I. LT1 with Custom Show paint

Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 PM
corvette4life
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 95 corvette 383 C.I. LT1 with Custom Show paint

95 Corvette with custom paint job. The car is yellow with a tear away paint job. The front is candy apple red that fades to candy blue and then to candy purple. This car is very quick. The engine is a built 383C.I. LT1. It has a Callies crank, Callies rods, and TRW forged pistons, Air Flow Research Heads, Comp Cam, Crane gold roller rockers, Double roller chain, LT4 intake manifold with 30 lbs injectors, TPIS long tube ceramic headers, Dr Gas x-pipe, Corsa exhaust, Built 4l60E transmission, with Precision Industries Vigilante convertor, (2800 rpm stall) Dana 44 rear with 3.45 ratio gears, Dewitt aluminum radiator, Cold air intake system, etc. It has Boyd Coddington Billet wheels, 9.5" front and 11.0" rear. Rear tires are 315 x 35 x 17". Rear suspension was modified so rear tires do not stick outside of rear fenders. QA1 adjustable shocks. ZR1 8000 rpm tach and instrument cluster.the car has a run an 11.82 1/4 mile. Interior is all original except for Two tone black and saddle leather seats.Lloyd floor mats. This car still gets 22 mpg on the highway. A/C, power steering, power brakes, Baer two piece cross drilled rotors, power windows, Both seats are power with adjustable lumbar. etc. 117,000 miles. 20,000 miles on engine, transmission, etc.

Many pictures available. I can send through email.

$12,000 or Best offer

Kerry 843-729-1266

Last edited by corvette4life; 11-27-2012 at 08:13 AM. Reason: price change
Old 09-19-2012, 03:34 PM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

A car for those who want to go unnoticed, I guess... ;-)
GLWS!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:42 AM
corvette4life
Racer

Is the paint to wild or is the price too high? Give me some input please.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:39 PM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by corvette4life
I mean no disrespect, but this must've been Ray Charles' Vette. (The paint is far too wild for 99% of the rest of us!) Which brings me to the price... Considering it's likely going to need to be repainted, it's priced significantly too high. Subtract the cost of a full and proper repaint and you might start attracting some bids. (You DID ask.) Again, GLWS.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:12 AM
Ona mission
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by carguy604
I mean no disrespect, but this must've been Ray Charles' Vette. (The paint is far too wild for 99% of the rest of us!) Which brings me to the price... Considering it's likely going to need to be repainted, it's priced significantly too high. Subtract the cost of a full and proper repaint and you might start attracting some bids. (You DID ask.) Again, GLWS.

I respectfully disagree on the paint job, it's a high quality paint job unlike another custom c4 that did sell recently on this forum (phew, ugly).Yes most people here aren't interested in owning and driving it but it does has the metal to back up the loud paint job. Lots of other people would love to have it just not the one's here. Yes, it probably will need an adjustment in the asking price, heavily modded cars are hard to market.

I'd drive it, but I would probably never show my face here again.

Last edited by Ona mission; 09-26-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:50 AM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ona mission
I respectfully disagree on the paint job, it's a high quality paint job unlike another custom c4 that did sell recently on this forum (phew, ugly).Yes most people here aren't interested in owning and driving it but it does has the metal to back up the loud paint job. Lots of other people would love to have it just not the one's here. Yes, it probably will need an adjustment in the asking price, heavily modded cars are hard to market.

I'd drive it, but I would probably never show my face here again.
Actually, you and I agree; it is a high-quality paint job. It's just really, really loud. (Damn near makes my eyeballs bleed every time I look at it - but it IS very well done.) I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder - I just don't care for the sharp contrast in the colours and I think that's what's scaring off any potential bidders.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Snakecharmer383
Melting Slicks

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I don't find anything wrong with the paint. You just need to find that one buyer who likes it also...nothing wrong with that.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:17 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Snakecharmer383
I don't find anything wrong with the paint. You just need to find that one buyer who likes it also...nothing wrong with that.

Good quality paint. The custom job is actually very tasteful. I would say that the estimate of "99%" might be a little high, but it does appeal to a very select niche market. The engine build appears to be top notch. Even those wheels are among the better match that I've seen in custom wheels on these cars. The interior appears to be tasteful as well.

IMO, your asking price is not out of line, IF, you are willing to take awhile to sell it. You are looking for a very specific buyer. He/she is out there, but you will have to do some marketing to get it there, and it will take time and patience. However, if you need to unload it, you will probably have to drop the price considerably, unfortunately.

I must say, though, that it is indeed a top notch example of a custom
C4. GLWS
Old 10-06-2012, 12:38 PM
kevinmi
kevinmi
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the car is beautiful. I don't understand the attitude of wanting to drive a stock "me too" Corvette. Every Corvette I've owned I have modified to suit my taste, and I've always been able to sell them without having to repaint. If it were a '63 split window, I could understand the argument.
That being said,I would think the mileage would hurt it more than anything else, although I do understand everything has been replaced/upgraded. I recently bought a '95 for my wife with 58,xxx miles for $11,000. Of course it didn't have thousands of dollars in upgrades, but my wife was more concerned about the mileage than anything else.
I'm sure you will sell you car, it will just take a little time to find the right buyer
Old 10-06-2012, 05:17 PM
DougSilver
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corvette4life
Looks great for a real enthusiast. There is a 3rd option--is the economy too stinky (how's that hope and change working out for ya)?

Doug
Old 10-07-2012, 05:18 PM
pogo
Advanced

did they paint the door handles also? they'd hold up ok?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:28 AM
corvette4life
Racer

Yes, removed the door handles for painting. painted and clearcoated the handles and reinstalled. I think they look much better than the black rough texture original ones. They are holding up very well, but I'm very careful when putting the key in to not scratch the handle.

Thanks guys for all the input.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:04 PM
bscracing
Intermediate

Default Additional Info Please

Looks like you have put a lot of work into the engine.

Could you post or send me some more pictures of the engine and engine compartment, as well as the rear wheels and mods required to keep them within the fenders.

Thanks,

John
Old 11-27-2012, 07:56 AM
corvette4life
Racer

Ttt

Get notified of new replies

To 95 corvette 383 C.I. LT1 with Custom Show paint

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 95 corvette 383 C.I. LT1 with Custom Show paint