C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know what brand of battery AAA carries?

Old 08-21-2010, 05:22 PM
DirtyZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Does anyone know what brand of battery AAA carries?

My battery is dead as a doornail. I tried to jump the vette with my 4Runner and no dice - it turns a bit but isn't getting anywhere.

I've been pondering calling AAA (I have the platinum or whatever it's called) but am not sure if they have a more powerful jumping method. Also, I see on their website that they carry batteries they'll sell you; does anyone know what brand these are, and if they are any good?
Old 08-21-2010, 08:11 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

AAA batteries are most likely made under contract by a number of manufacturers.

If your battery is really dead and a jump start won't really turn the engine over, then there is most likely a short in the battery or enough dead cells that no amount of power will get the engine to turn over. Jumping with a known good battery in another vehicle should start your car easily.

It's not a good idea to connect the jumper cables and let the jumping vehicle run for any length of time before trying. Too hard on the alternator and if there is a short in the dead battery, it could suck voltage from the good battery.

I would go with something like an Interstate, Sears DieHard, or maybe even an Optima.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:14 AM
dbaker
Melting Slicks

Received 263 Likes on 179 Posts

My pal @ AAA says Johnson Controls makes their batteries....Optima is a JC brand too.

\db2
Carolina
Old 08-22-2010, 11:12 PM
DirtyZ06
Melting Slicks

Cool, thanks for the info. Has anyone ever used the AAA batteries? I dunno, they come with a 3 year warranty so I'm not sure it's much different than buying any other battery with a warranty...
Old 08-23-2010, 06:31 AM
dbaker
Melting Slicks

Received 263 Likes on 179 Posts

Yep,I have the "Autocraft Gold" batt in 3 of my 4 rides.Seems to be as good as any.They install for free.

Where ever you buy,have them do a charge check before you buy to make sure it's a fresh batt @ 100%.

\db2
Carolina
Old 08-24-2010, 10:00 PM
DirtyZ06
Melting Slicks

For anyone who cares, I did go with the AAA battery. It was $110 and came with a 3 year free replacement warranty and another 3 years prorated on top of that. Absolutely killer warranty, and they came to my house and put it in for me. I was about to buy an OEM from Chevy with only a 1 year warranty and do it myself, but they told me the warranty would only be a year, which paled in comparison to the usual NTB deal I used to get. So, I think the AAA setup is a fantastic deal.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:37 PM
billray68
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAA Auto Batteries Made by Whom?

My field service AAA rep says Penske makes (or at least supplies) the AAA batteries sold in the Lexington, KY area at this time. All the ones I saw had 3-yr replacement garantees and exceeded the 2007 Nissan 350Z battery specs. My Z battery had lasted over five and 1/2 years.

The rep said mine probably died because I had not driven over two miles in any one day for the past month, and therefore would make it a little longer, but probably not worth the hassle. He did a good job testing and installing and was easy to work with. TOTAL cost of the new battery installed in my garage: $116.60. I'm convinced!

I had exhaused the 'net looking for the best deal. IMHO only Sam's beat AAA in this area, and I would have to travel to Sam's and wait, etc.

Get notified of new replies

To Does anyone know what brand of battery AAA carries?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does anyone know what brand of battery AAA carries?