C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sharkbite coilovers?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:57 AM
jsbwac
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Sharkbite coilovers?

I have been looking at the Sharkbite set up for my 74. I found some old threads, but am hoping for some more current opinions and information.
I will be tracking the car. Not all the time, but that is the overall goal. The only other driving will be the occasional show and or cruise night, so I don't mind a stiffer set up.
The Sharkbites definately look awesome, but I want something that will perform as good as they look.
Any information is appreicated.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:29 AM
peterman4551
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I just installed the Sharkbite rear suspension ( no rear sway bar) in my '68 and semi-coil overs in front ( QA-1 shocks all around). Very happy with the set up, especially in back. No lean in the corners. Installed soft springs ( 200 lb?) on the rear and 400 lb.(I think) on the front, with shocks set mid-way front and rear. Have driven about 300 miles since install.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:40 PM
iokepakai
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Another option would be the Van Steel rear coil-overs.There was a thread about the Shark Bite system having issues with the stock trailing arms,they needed to be beefed up.If you need to have your trailing arms replaced the Van Steel would be a nice setup,with all new offset trailing arms.Since my T-arms are 35+ old may as well go all new with the coil-overs.....Aloha's
Old 07-13-2012, 11:14 PM
jsbwac
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the input. I read about the trailing arm issue. Sounded like it was due more to the installers bad welds, not the kit itself. I also need to figure out what spring rates to use.

Get notified of new replies

To Sharkbite coilovers?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sharkbite coilovers?