Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Small possible tidbits from Rick Conti's Blog

Old 06-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Process Black
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Small possible tidbits from Rick Conti's Blog

Rick's thoughts and some rumors on the next gen.

Rick Conti's Blog Post

I personally have stayed out of the rumor mill updates……they can be exhausting at best.

Mostly because the current car we have now is a great car, a wonderful value and has gotten better every year, there is not the real ‘WE NEED” a new design or the ‘I WANT A NEW CORVETTE STYLE” feel as it has been going back years and years ago…that is credit to the car we have now, thanks GM.

If we had a kick *** nav system with a HDD drive,etc….why would we need a new Corvette generation. I think we push for what’s next without realizing how good we have it now. Don’t get me wrong, it’s always nice to get a freshening, something new, something exciting, so all I am saying now; this is certainly NOT 1996 all over again.

The new car will be revealed as we have it now this January in Detroit, I will be there to cover the event for you live. At that point, with what little 2012 and 2013 Corvettes are left, I really feel people will then make a decision to wait almost another year for a new car or enjoy the fruits of the Corvette engineering labor right before their very eyes.

What we have been told that I can say…..I thank those that have shared valid info and I applaud your efforts in making us a Corvette that is certainly going to be a world wide class act. That’s’ right I said world wide, not sure if the right hand driver Corvettes have been talked about, but I think that is how they keep Corvette healthy, our economy can only do so much, so we will, the rest of the volumes will go overseas…..

In addition the launch of 2014 will be a Coupe and convertible…GM knows you folks love aggressive looking Corvettes….so is there a New Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1 in our future?…..YES, the “widebody project” is in play now….

We have also heard and GM has done a great job keeping this quiet, and that is the way they want it, but I hear the new engine will be direct injection…..

Headlights are to have a long reverse L in L.E.D as shown in this half assed photoshop.

The rear lights are not even close to what has been depicted, they will have a connecting U shape of some sort, also a lot of L.E.D. and some reflector material back there as well.

Very soon if not already, a masked and an UNMASKED Corvette C7 is going through testing at the Milford proving grounds……chop chop photographers! I just ask for a little prop now and again……

More as we have it. The exit of the C6 Corvette has been an exciting time, the 2012’s improvements are amazing and the 2013’s certainly pull at your heart strings once you realize this is over before you know it!
Thumbs up
Rick Conti
Old 06-28-2012, 12:30 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

Basically just a culmination of things we have heard. The LED lights can be seen on the mule on the videos. And I agree that masked and unmasked test cars should be running around tracks anytime now. Shouldn't be long before we see more of the car.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 PM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Process Black
Rick's thoughts and some rumors on the next gen.

Rick Conti's Blog Post

Nice tidbits.

"wide body project..........." i.e, if you want the higher performing, wide body C7 you will need to leave, at least, your left Lung at the Dealer. Probably, no GS/Z06. Just a mega bucks, mega performing widebody"ZR1", along with a high performing, narrow body base model.

GM knows we love the widebody,e.g., GS sales since MY '10. So, those with the widebody hold on to them. Or, get ready to re finance.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:08 PM
JPJR
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Finally! Some real news.
I've been waiting for Rick to feed us a little bit of info since he was in Bowling Green at the beginning of the month.

So that other post about the GM guy at Bloomington Gold had some truth.
LEDs.

Also, coupe AND convertible, AND a widebody at intro.
Nice.
Oh, and maybe confirmation that the Camaro Taillights are a hoax.
Although...U shaped? What's wrong with 4 circles?
Connecting U shape?

Thanks Rick for the blog, and thanks Process Black for posting!

Last edited by JPJR; 06-28-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:09 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 89L98
Nice tidbits.

"wide body project..........." i.e, if you want the higher performing, wide body C7 you will need to leave, at least, your left Lung at the Dealer. Probably, no GS/Z06. Just a mega bucks, mega performing widebody"ZR1", along with a high performing, narrow body base model.
Not at all what he said.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:26 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Thanks for posting!

It is good news to hear coupe/vert/widebody in first year. Is also great to know (as I have said endlessly here) that, especially, the rear lights will be nothing like what we have seen. This should (read 'may') calm a lot of the nerves we have seen here.

Having met Rick and having seen him interacting with GM guys, he is clearly far more knowledgeable as far as inside news than any other GM salesman I've ever met. He wouldn't blog about anything he didn't have some 'assurances' about as his reputation is on the line.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPJR
Finally! Some real news.
I've been waiting for Rick to feed us a little bit of info since he was in Bowling Green at the beginning of the month.

So that other post about the GM guy at Bloomington Gold had some truth.
LEDs.

Also, coupe AND convertible, AND a widebody at intro.
Nice.
Oh, and maybe confirmation that the Camaro Taillights are a hoax.
Although...U shaped? What's wrong with 4 circles?
Connecting U shape?

Thanks Rick for the blog, and thanks Process Black for posting!
There's no widebody at the intro. Only a coupe and a vert. Moreover he may be using the 'widebody' figuratively, it could just mean that other special models are in the offin. I think he's spreading confusion with a term like that.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:35 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,419 Likes on 2,266 Posts

Interesting.

Good to hear about a model with aggressive styling.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:43 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide
There's no widebody at the intro. Only a coupe and a vert. Moreover he may be using the 'widebody' figuratively, it could just mean that other special models are in the offin. I think he's spreading confusion with a term like that.
So you know more than Rick Conti? He said the "widebody project" is in play now so why do you interpret that as anything different?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:47 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Hmmmm.....U shaped, you say?
Old 06-28-2012, 01:48 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
So you know more than Rick Conti? He said the "widebody project" is in play now so why do you interpret that as anything different?
Interesting. I figured maybe GM would listen to its customers and make the basic C7 a widebody, ala the C6 GS.

Maybe not.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:53 PM
gatti-man
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBert
Interesting. I figured maybe GM would listen to its customers and make the basic C7 a widebody, ala the C6 GS.

Maybe not.
Maybe it will be a body option or track pack option like a more expensive z51. Still if they hold it back a year or two that would be a shame.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:53 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Maybe not.
Hard to say what it all means yet. Keeping cost/weight/mpg down with a narrow bodied base Vette makes some sense though they may not sell a lot of them...just guesses at this point.

Last edited by BlueOx; 06-28-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:57 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hard to say what it all means yet. Keeping cost/weight/mpg down with a narrow bodied base Vette makes some sense though they may not sell a lot of them. Could be that would be a car that sells better in other countries also...just guesses at this point.
Aw Jeez, now Guibo is going to bluster about this!

(Edit). I should have said "filibuster" . . . .
Old 06-28-2012, 02:05 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Aw Jeez, now Guibo is going to bluster about this!

(Edit). I should have said "filibuster" . . . .
OK, I'll edit mine...
Old 06-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

So do you. Didn't you write that we would see widebodies in the first year? Where on Earth did he write anything like that?

"Widebody project" just means that we'll have a special project akin to the last one which was called "widebody". It doesn't mean that it will be identical, or that bodies will be wider than the base model. That's my interpretation. Rick is a reachable guy. Just ask him if he literally means wider bodies. I'm pretty sure he'll say no.

Last edited by Nitrous Oxide; 06-28-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:19 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

So do you. Didn't you write that we would see widebodies in the first year? Where on Earth did he write anything like that?

"Widebody project" just means that we'll have a special project akin to the last one which was called "widebody". It doesn't mean that it will be identical, or that bodies will be wider than the base model. That's my interpretation. Rick is a reachable guy. Just ask him if he literally means wider bodies. I'm pretty sure he'll say no.
When he said..."In addition the launch of 2014 will be a Coupe and convertible…GM knows you folks love aggressive looking Corvettes….so is there a New Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1 in our future?…..YES, the “widebody project” is in play now…." and included that in the same sentence about the launch in 2014. YOU said NO widebody in first year and I don't see where you interpret anything he said that way.

I guess we could ask him but he may or may not confirm something like that.

Get notified of new replies

To Small possible tidbits from Rick Conti's Blog

Old 06-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

I interpret "the widebody project is in play now" to mean that they are working on one now, not that we will see it at the MY2014 introduction or even in MY2014 at all.

Sigh. This is why grammar and punctuation matter. We'll have to wait for clarification.

.Jinx
Old 06-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

When he said..."In addition the launch of 2014 will be a Coupe and convertible…GM knows you folks love aggressive looking Corvettes….so is there a New Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1 in our future?…..YES, the “widebody project” is in play now…." and included that in the same sentence about the launch in 2014. YOU said NO widebody in first year and I don't see where you interpret anything he said that way.

I guess we could ask him but he may or may not confirm something like that.
Where on Earth did I say that? I wrote about the intro, not the year. Only restated what Conti wrote. He made no mention of a widebody at the intro.

Yes things are in play. So is the project to send a man to Mars.

I never said that. I said "no wi"
Old 06-28-2012, 04:08 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

OK, lemme see if I got this right. No to a widebody at the intro...but maybe in the first year? "Widebody figuratively" meaning other models in the offing that AREN'T widebodies?

Methinks you are the one spreading more confusion than Conti was.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Small possible tidbits from Rick Conti's Blog