C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

bose radio

Old 05-27-2012, 10:06 PM
red89cov
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bose radio

need to know of a place to test or repair bose radio in or near dayton ohio
Old 05-27-2012, 11:47 PM
caddyboy84
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red89cov
Junkyards near me have piles of them cheap. I'd rather buy one that works then spend any money fixing one and it would probably last just as long. Seeing that you mention the word TEST, maybe your problem isn't the radio. I've said this to every "Bose" thread, "Just rip that stuff out and go nice modern equipment, it aint worth it, not unless your car is a pristine low-milage example
Old 05-28-2012, 06:46 AM
ProjectC4
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dr. Don's in Florida fixed mine, flat fee. Beware that the radio's pin out on the connector varies from year to year. I know (the hard way) for instance that an 88 radio will not play in an 84 car without re-pinning the car's speaker connector.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:55 AM
pmihaltian
Slingshot
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Factory Car Stereo guys in Florida do a great job. They really knowCorvette Bose systems and will not try to sell you a complete new system.

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalCorvette1.htm
Old 05-28-2012, 10:06 AM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by red89cov
What kind of problems are you having, be specific. This would help in giving proper advice.

Do you have the desire and some electronic experience to try to repair it yourself.

If you do want to send the boxes out to be fixed, you still need to do an basic and correct diagnoses to send out the correct pieces.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:10 AM
pmihaltian
Slingshot
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Old 05-28-2012, 02:35 PM
jim spitzer
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I had the factory stereo guys in fl. do mine, At the time it was a package deal 4 speaker amps rebuilt and upgraded and the box under the dash for I think 400 or 500. Now the warrenty on the speakers are lifetime, the warrenty on the box under the dash is 1 year. It sounds great now. In fact the video of the removal of the box under the dash is my car. I live about an hour away so it justified a road trip. Would I do it again? I dont know there is a lot of information on this site with pictures of aftermarket radios being installed. The new radios have good sound with mp3 and even video screens. Myself I wanted to keep my car stock, Thats why I went with the repair. I just wish that I had the mp3.

A special thanks to all our vetrans today past & present and a extra special thanks to all that gave the ultimate price. with prayers to their familys
Old 05-28-2012, 02:39 PM
caddyboy84
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jim spitzer
I had the factory stereo guys in fl. do mine, At the time it was a package deal 4 speaker amps rebuilt and upgraded and the box under the dash for I think 400 or 500. Now the warrenty on the speakers are lifetime, the warrenty on the box under the dash is 1 year. It sounds great now. In fact the video of the removal of the box under the dash is my car. I live about an hour away so it justified a road trip. Would I do it again? I dont know there is a lot of information on this site with pictures of aftermarket radios being installed. The new radios have good sound with mp3 and even video screens. Myself I wanted to keep my car stock, Thats why I went with the repair. I just wish that I had the mp3.

A special thanks to all our vetrans today past & present and a extra special thanks to all that gave the ultimate price. with prayers to their familys

Get notified of new replies

To bose radio

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bose radio