C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

ZF6 back up lamp switch ('93 Coupe)

Old 05-21-2012, 08:54 PM
wschmidt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZF6 back up lamp switch ('93 Coupe)

Anyone know a good source for these? I have not yet done a full trouble shooting because its a PIA to get under and mess with the switch, but I suspect this switch is bad and it does not seem to be available in any of the local big name parts stores (autozone, pepboys, etc). Trying to get a head start in case that end up being the problem, I dont want to have to scramble for inspection.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Deepa
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts

corvette central has them. I took mine out, cleaned it, and it worked for a few weeks then acted up again. I replaced the switch and its been fine.

You need a box wrench with about a 1" offset. I think it is the same size as a oxygen sensor, like 7/8" in size. I had to remove the slave cylinder to do the swap, but did not have to open the clutch hydraulic system at all, just unbolt, swap, and get teh slave mounted back up. Not hard to do on jack stands.

Mike
Old 05-21-2012, 09:57 PM
VetteMed
Le Mans Master

Received 215 Likes on 142 Posts

I'm running the corvette central switch as well. There is a used switch on ebay now, but for the hassle, may as well go new.

Get notified of new replies

To ZF6 back up lamp switch ('93 Coupe)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ZF6 back up lamp switch ('93 Coupe)