C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Might be time for a cam,... might not?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 01:40 AM
Danspeed1
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Might be time for a cam,... might not?

Hello,

I have a couple other threads going for the MP112 Supercharger setup I just picked up. I was originally just going to install it on my 2005 C6 Z51 M6, but not to anyone's surprise I am getting carried away. I decided to go with a set of LT headers, Cut-outs, it already has a 2.8 pulley, now I am considering doing a blower cam since the crank pulley has to be pinned anyway and the steering rack has to come out. I haven't had time to do adequate research on this topic as the purchase of the blower itself was a surprise. Found it one night here on CF. So I am looking for some suggestions...

Looking to make 500whp (but will take more if available). Any thoughts on a good blower cam. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on MP112's period, never mind blower cams for one. I was thinking of the LS9 cam... in addition I was thinking of one of the ECS cams as they will be doing the tuning of the supercharger. I will call them tomorrow with questions. Any thoughts on either of those or other suggestions... no cam at all???

DG
Old 04-20-2012, 06:50 AM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

swap the cam, if not for the potential 50plus HP, the idle alone will justify the investment. If your a 'self installer', shoot me a PM or call if you get stuck on the install
Old 04-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Danspeed1
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveDotenMotorsports
swap the cam, if not for the potential 50plus HP, the idle alone will justify the investment. If your a 'self installer', shoot me a PM or call if you get stuck on the install
That's actually part of it. I love the sound. If not for the HP, the car will sound great.

Thanks for offer... you can count on my PM'ing you!

DG

Get notified of new replies

To Might be time for a cam,... might not?

Quick Reply: Might be time for a cam,... might not?