C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 corvette - hatch ajar

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:32 PM
cepter
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default C5 corvette - hatch ajar

my computer keeps saying my hatch is ajar when it clearly is not... I have plugged in different trunk latches in the back, and still get the same message.. so I am pretty sure the problem is not in the latches itself, what controls this? does anyone know what I can do to fix it, or trick my computer into thinking that my trunk is always closed,, like splice some wires or some ****?

thanks

Andrew

AndrewMonda@gmail.com
Old 11-18-2008, 07:35 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 76 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by cepter
my computer keeps saying my hatch is ajar when it clearly is not... I have plugged in different trunk latches in the back, and still get the same message.. so I am pretty sure the problem is not in the latches itself, what controls this? does anyone know what I can do to fix it, or trick my computer into thinking that my trunk is always closed,, like splice some wires or some ****?

thanks

Andrew

AndrewMonda@gmail.com
what do you mean you have plugged in different latches? Did you physically replace the latch, or just plug it in loose? If you don't think the problem is in the latches, then unplug both left and right at the same time, see if message goes away.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:23 AM
mret430
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the same problem. latches are intact, no broken brackets, hatch shuts fine, still have message and interior lights on!!

thanks

Get notified of new replies

To C5 corvette - hatch ajar

Quick Reply: C5 corvette - hatch ajar